Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

8

I had finished taking the booth down on day seventeen, seventeen. Three weeks in to the tour, everything was great. The guys were becoming more and more pumped every day, and for me... it was really sinking in that this was real. My fucking brother was becoming a rock star, no matter how little fame they really had. It hit me.

"Hey there Lizard Miss Baker." Matt smirked and kissed the top of my head, obviously this was how he greeted me, if you hadn't noticed. He'd always done it, ever since I can remember.

"Hello M. Shadows. How'd it go? You guys are back late." I tossed him a beer.

I had the van door open, airing it out, sitting on a chair with my feet kicked up. I had a beer in hand, granola bar in the other, and was awaiting these lovely douche bags arrivals.

"Good, signed a ton after. Tried finding you then realized you were back already." He laughed as Zack bolted over, almost knocking me over.

"Last guy to do that." Brian laughed, grabbing a beer from the cooler beneath my feet, letting them fall back down with a thud.

"She wouldn't." Zack smiled at me. "Tomorrow's an off day in Boston before the show there, you excited?" He asked me, poking at my sides "You can actually eat something."

"You're skinnier than I am." I laughed and kicked at his shin "I swear you've lost weight."

"It's easier to lose when you're fatter, then it slows down." Jimmy piped up as he laid down in the van behind me, grabbing a beer from Brian. "What, it's a fact." He waved off Zack's pretend offended look.

"Whatever, regardless. Mom and Dad texted me and said they transferred money to your account so you can go shopping and shit." He sat down on the ground next to me.

"Who's up for drinking games and marshmallows on the grill?" I asked, throwing a bag of marshmallows that I'd hidden in my bag, at Matt's head.

"Sugar!" Johnny shouted, running to pull the grill between us all. He lit it and tore in to the bag.

The sun was setting, we were all sitting around the grill, which Brian had taken the legs off of so it was on the ground like a fire pit, and telling stupid stories while killing the cooler of beer. We wouldn't even dent it, considering I had busted out two bottles of Jack that I smuggled in my purse. Everyone extremely excited.

Zack was telling some story about how Jimmy used to terrorize everyone at school, and how they got in to tons of fights in the yard. I was leaning against Matt's arm, drinking my beer, laughing as Jimmy started making weird bird noises, mocking Zack's hand gestures.

"Or that one time.." I smirked and held my beer up, sitting up straight and smacking my hand on Matt's leg "That one time, that bitch-"

"Lukas Miskinis." Johnny piped up.

"Yah, him." I laughed "That fucker, that one time he tried calling me a cunt during free period for not wanting to watch his dumb ass baseball practice."

"And Zack almost whooped his ass." Brian laughed "Dude that was bad."

"It was one of the biggest fights ever at that school." Matt laughed "I'm pretty sure Jimmy even got in on it."

"Yup." Jimmy smiled "Anything for Elizabeth. I think I broke Kent Hansons nose that day."

"You did." Zack laughed "Dude never fucked with you again."

"You fucking ruined his face!" I laughed, "Dude you should see him now! His jaw is still crooked."

"No one talks to my little sister like that.. And you were what? In seventh grade?" Zack asked.

"Yah, cuz middle school and high school were still in the same campus then. You fucking came out of homeroom like a fucking psycho." Matt laughed "I swear to God the kid shit himself."

"Probably did, dude Zack was yelling from the building." Brian laughed "Cuz you texted him, right?"

"Yah, I texted him that Lukas was being a dick to me, and he came out the building at just the right time as he called me a cunt." I laughed "Like... He hit Lukas, then two other kids came over and tried fighting Zack, then Brian came over and took out..."

"Connor Welsh." He smiled "Fucking Senior."

"Yah, then somehow I ended up on the side watching like literally the entire school go at it." I laughed as Matt nodded.

"Yah, I'm the one who shoved you out of it and then started in on Lukas. You fucking knocked out his little sister though, Mina?" Matt asked.

"Ohhh right. Yah she was in my grade, Lukas was you guys' grade. Dude she folded like a wet suit." I smirked as everyone laughed.

"Remember Cam got in to a huge fight too?" Jimmy asked "We sat that fucker out though."

"Yah, that was the same year. No one wanted another suspension." Brian laughed "We let him have that glory. All his own."

I laughed, remembering the fact they all had my ass through school, especially high school. High school sucked. I sighed, remembering all the bullshit that happened, the teasing, bullying, the asshole girls that were my friends and then fucking ruined my life.

"Remember my first year after you graduated?" I asked, causing them to sigh audibly.

Matt's POV

"Remember my first year after you graduated?" Liz asked, earning a sigh from the entire group.

"Yah, I do." Zack rubbed the back of his neck, kicking at a rock on the ground. "That was bullshit."

"Bullshit." Liz laughed under her breath, "I don't remember a day I didn't wish it was graduation already."

"Well, you did it." Johnny smiled "You finally graduated."

"Barely." She laughed, huddling against my arm "It's chilly."

"I mean... we're in New York." I laughed "We should drive soon though, someone should go wake up Jason."

"Good idea." Brian stood up, "I'll get him. Pile in."

I grabbed Liz by the hand and dragged her to the bus, the beers finally hitting me in the head once I stood up. I grabbed her by the hips and pulled her next to me, snuggling up towards the back of the bus. She nuzzled her head in to my chest, sitting between my legs, as I reclined against the wall. I pulled a blanket over to us and covered her up. I kissed the top of her head, smiling as she sighed.

"Comfy?" I leaned down and asked in to her ear. She nodded against me, looking up at me. Her eyes catching the small amount of light coming from the door of the van as everyone picked up the chairs, Johnny was putting out the grill fire.

Liz laughed at something Zack yelled outside the bus, her back vibrating against my chest with every laugh. She leaned back, looking up at me, her green eyes piercing in to mine. Her lips formed a smile as she grabbed my arm, pulling herself up to me. I leaned forward, pressing my lips against her's momentarily. I pulled back, watching her eyes follow my lips as I kept back.

My hand quickly moved to the back of her head, pulling her forward and planting my lips hard against her's. She moved, facing me more now, holding on to my arms as she deepened our kiss. I moved her on to my lap so she was facing me. My hands moved up the back of her shirt under the blanket. Her hands braced each side of my face, her body rising as my hands placed on her ass.

"Where the FUCK is Jason!?" I heard a shout and Liz sat back down quickly, staring at me, her eyes wide. "Have you seen Jason?" Brian peeked in, looking around.

"No." Liz replied all too quickly.

Brian raised his eyebrow but shook it off, walking away "Uh... Liz..."

"I'm sorry Matt." She shook her head and moved off of my legs "My bad..."

"Come back." I pulled her over "I'm sorry, I won't do it again, that was wrong of me to do to you. Just get comfy again and fall asleep. You're always safe right here, I'm sorry Elizabeth."

"Thank you..." She whispered, leaning her head on my arm. But something in my gut told me I didn't want to stop kissing her, and that she wouldn't have stopped so quickly if we hadn't been interrupted.

But that was the last thing we needed, was her and I to endeavor in that direction while we're on tour. While I was on the rocks with Val. Never mind the fact she's Zack's sister. I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling Liz tracing the tattoos up and down my arm as she drifted to sleep.

Brian soon located Jason, he was behind the bus sleeping in the trailer, and everyone piled in. Brian gave us a weird look and sat up front with Jason. Zack sat next to me and poked Liz. I shoved his hand "She's finally asleep." I whispered "Leave her be."

"Fine, sleep sitting up then." Zack laughed and laid down next to me "Your back pain in the morning." He closed his eyes and was soon out like a light, just like his sister.

I laughed, they were so alike. So alike but neither one wanted to admit it. Unless it came to fighting, then they'd never shut up about how alike they were. I thought it was funny how small Liz was but how much of Zack's temper she had. She would literally try to take down someone three times her size, obviously case and point the security from the other night. I glanced down at her as she shift, moving sideways against me. I carefully scooted us down on the floor, so she was lying in my arms horizontally. I kissed the top of her head and closed my eyes, attempting to take my arm from around her but she tensed up, holding on to me. I smiled, feeling her scoot back against me in her sleep. I felt sleep knocking against my brain and finally gave in, we'd be in Boston by morning and we had an entire day off to kill.