Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

The Morning After

I woke up and tried to stretch. Instead, I almost punched Josh in the face. He only groaned and pulled me back into him.

"Go back to sleep." I chuckled at the sleepy drummer next to me.

"No, it's wakey time. We gotta do work." He shook his head and held me tight.

"Nooooooo it's an off day. Neither of us are leaving this room today." I chuckled and looked up at him. I wasn't even sure that he had opened his eyes.

"I have to at least check my phone Josh..." He sighed and let me go.

I rolled over and pulled the blanket off my body before grabbing my phone. Trina had called me again and sent me a text which was a recap update on the shooting. The house LD and Nick were killed in the shooting.

"Fuck." I felt the bed jolt at Josh moving.

"What happened?" I just sighed and shook my head.

I felt more movement on the bed as he came to sit behind me. He sat behind me with me between his legs and wrapped his arms around my stomach before placing his head on my shoulder.

"Chips, what happened?" I just handed him my phone and let him take it and read the text from Trina.

"Is Nick who you were freaking out about last night?" I just nodded.

"I'm sorry Annabel." He wrapped his arms around me again.

We sat like that for a minute before I gently laid back against him until we fell back against the bed.

"What are you trying to accomplish right now?" He asked with a chuckle.

"You're right. We should just stay here all day." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me while I cuddled into his chest.

"Ya know, we do have some stuff to talk about." I looked up at him again.

"If it's anything about us, this is a really bad time..." One of my friend's was just killed in a terrorist attack. Doesn't matter how well I knew him, when you do what I do for a living you're friends with each other because it's all you have.

"It is about us, because I need to know what you want to do. We all leave the day after tomorrow. I understand what happened with your friend and trust me we're all effected by it, but we need to have this figured out before we don't see each other for two weeks."

He was right, we needed to have a game plan since we're going to be away from each other for two weeks. They had one show in Mexico, but it was most cost effective to just ship their merch out since I wasn't selling anyways. We would all meet back up on the 29th in Virginia for rehearsals and then three more weeks with the boys before I'm home for Christmas. Trina was going to be excited about that.

Josh took me out of my thoughts by kissing the top of my head and holding me tighter. I think it was his sign of admitting I needed time and he was willing to give it to me. He was willing to just sit here and hold me, despite how uncomfortable he had to be with his knees just off the edge of the bed and me half on his leg and half on his stomach. I chuckled out loud at the thought.

"What's so funny?" I looked up at him.

"You're uncomfortable aren't you?" He shrugged.

"I've dealt with worse. How are you feeling?" I shrugged and rested my head on his chest again.

That was the question that made me think about us and the future. Josh has known exactly where to push me and where to help me if there's an issue. Trina was at the back of my mind yelling 'he's your future husband' and I couldn't help but laugh again.

"You laughing is cute."

"Shut up little drummer boy." He laughed and his whole chest shook with it.

"Whatever you want....little drummer girl..." I didn't have to look up to see that famous smirk on his face.

"Watch it kid." He laughed again with another rumble of his chest.

Today was wrecking havoc on my emotions. I had no idea what to do about Nick and then I have the boy under me trying to woo me into being with him. Except he had me.

I sat up, careful not to hurt Josh, and sat back on his knees.

"Uh, what are you doing Chips?" I realize how compromising the position was but I didn't move.

"What are you doing on the two weeks off?" He sat up, resting on his forearms.

"We have some fly out stuff to take care of, other than that I'll be home for most of it. Why?" I dunno if Trina was going to love me or kill me for what I was about to do.

"Would you like to come to our thanksgiving? We do a big friendsgiving for all of our friends that don't go home. Assuming you're not going home for thanksgiving I guess. I guess it's up to you, I don't want to push you into something you're not interested in. Just lemme k-" He sat up and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he grabbed my waist again.

"What was that for?" I asked him as he pulled away.

"I didn't want you to keep rambling about how I didn't want to spend time with you when I clearly do and your lips were oh so inviting." I smirked.

"Hey." He tilted his head to one side slightly for me to continue.

"What's the next step here?" He made a face I couldn't read.

"Well the next step from here," He motioned between the two of us and I only laughed,"it's a little soon for, but the next step in a relationship is the relationship part..." I sighed.

"If that's not a step you're ready for then we can wait. Just know that it's on my mind everyday, just let me know when you're ready and we can cross that path when it's time." I smiled and kissed him again.

"Now, did you really want to just sit here like this or can we watch a movie and order all of the unhealthy room service we can find?"

"Ice cream sundaes for breakfast sounds amazing."