Status: In-Progress

Best of Me

Everything I'm Looking For

“If you could be any superhero, who would you be?” I asked Savannah as we were dancing.

“Iron Man. Obviously.”

“Really? He’s not really even a superhero!”

“Exactly. He decided, ‘fuck it. I’m gonna be a superhero.’ Then built himself a suit and did it. And he kicked all kinds of ass with the Avengers. So, Iron Man is my guy.” Savannah explained, matter-of-factly.

“I see your point.” I replied, smiling at her.

The moment she’d walked in the room tonight, it’s like my eyes were glued to her. I couldn’t help but watch her talk and laugh, and I wanted nothing more than to get to know her.
I kept telling myself that I just wanted to get laid, but the way I felt when I was around her was hard to ignore.

“What super villain would you be?” She asked.

“Easy. The Joker. He creates chaos just because he can. All of his plans are so intricate. I love it.”

“Fine, that’s a given.” She paused, thinking. “Okay, What house would you be in at Hogwarts?”

“Ooh, good question. I would have to say Slytherin. I’m an asshole.” Savannah laughed and the fact that I wanted to keep making her laugh hit me like a train.

“Vannah! Come take shots with us.” I heard Logan’s voice from behind me, and a wave of disappointment hit me. I wanted to keep dancing with her.

“Let’s go.” Savannah said, smiling up at me.

My heart started beating faster as she grabbed my hand and walked to the table all of her bandmates were gathered around. God, what was this girl doing to me?

“Your whiskey, Madame.” Lincoln said, grabbing a shot glass and handing it to Savannah with a flourish.

“Thank you, sir.”

“What are you drinking?” Logan asked me, grabbing a shot glass.

“Vodka.” I told him.

As soon as he handed me my shot, Levi raised his glass.
“To getting wasted!”

We all cheered as we took our shots, and then we all hung out for a bit, drunkenly talking about anything and everything.
Savannah and her bandmates have the same kind of easy chemistry that All Time Low has, due to years of friendship. I noticed that she always stayed close to Logan, and they always made each other laugh. I loved seeing her happy, and found myself wanting to make her smile just as much.
I felt my heart speed up as she turned to look at me. “The guys are going to go out to a bar.”
Logan interrupted to clarify that they were going to find girls who “want this 3 inch dick.”
I laughed, and Savannah asked if I wanted to come to Taco Bell with her instead.
Honestly, I’d do anything to stay with her all night. “Sure.” I said, trying to keep it casual.

“Let’s go.” She linked her arm with mine, and we all left the hotel room, with Jack, Zack, Jersey, Mike, and Gabe following.

Soon, we reached the bar the guys were going to, and Savannah and I kept walking, looking for a Taco Bell. After 5 more minutes of walking, I asked Savannah where we were going.

“You know, I’m only 75% sure it’s over here.” She scrunched up her face as she tried to remember. “This looks right though.”

As we were walking, the alcohol really started to hit me, and I could tell that Savannah felt the same way. She took the title of the happiest and the most energetic drunk I’ve ever met, and I loved watching her smile and dance around. The urge to hold her became too much, and I moved to take her hand in mine. Savannah asked me which All Time Low song was my favorite, and sang the chorus to some of the songs with me as she laced our fingers together.
I couldn’t take my eyes off of her, as I watched her smile and giggle every time we finished singing. I rubbed my thumb across the back of her hand, and she squeezed my hand in return. My stomach jolted, and I realized that I wanted to stay like this for as long as I could.
Soon, however, we got to Taco Bell, and we pushed through the doors.

Savannah proclaimed that she wanted to eat “at least a thousand tacos”, so we ordered a big box.
Then she said that she wanted to go back to the hotel, so we walked back hand in hand, and she insisted on carrying the tacos.

“Alex, I have to be responsible for the tacos. They mean too much to me to be reckless with.”

I laughed and looked at her serious expression, my alcohol soaked brain just a bit fuzzy. “I hear that you’re pretty reckless.”

“The rumors are true. I’ve been known to leave tacos unattended while I’m drunk.”

“Really? What happens to them?”

“Leo eats them. So I took to hiding my drunk food, and sometimes we find it in weird places if I pass out before I eat it.”

“What’s the weirdest place you put your food?”

“Hmmm.” Savannah made the same face as she had earlier, and I loved her scrunched up thinking face. “Levi’s duffle bag. He was not pleased.”

I laughed, and she paused.
“You made tonight amazing.”

“I was going to say the same thing about you.” I circled my arms around her waist, and looked down at her. Her hair was messy and her eyes were bright. She was exquisite. I was about to lean down and kiss her, but she moved away and grabbed my hand to start walking again. I was surprised at her abrupt change, but stayed silent.

“I don’t want things to get messy.” She said, softly. “I don’t want all sorts of drama, and I don’t want people think I sleep around on tour. They’ll take my music less seriously.”

“Savannah, I don’t want to make things messy.” I was surprised at the honesty that escaped from my lips. I had been telling myself that I just wanted to sleep with her, but as the night went on, I realized that my feelings were deeper than that. Honestly, it freaked me out. I’d just met her. But she was like a light, and I was like a moth, and I just wanted to be near her. “And I’m sorry you have to worry about that bullshit. It’s not fair to you.”

“It’s not.” She agreed, and we arrived back at the hotel. “Goddammit.”

“What?”

“Logan has my key.”

“What? Why?”

“My pants don’t have actual pockets. Look.” She showed me that her pockets were sewn shut.

“Women’s clothes make no sense.” I laughed. “Come back with me. And I’m only saying that in a chivalrous way.”

“Okay.” She said, moving the tacos to her other hand. “I bet I can eat more tacos than you, anyway.”

“I doubt that.” I said, putting my key card in the door. No one was back yet, and Savannah and I ate almost the whole box of tacos. We shared stories about the crazy parties we've been to on tour, and soon, we were both yawning.

“Do you want to watch something while you wait for Logan to come back?” Normally I’d still be trying to make a move on her despite our discussion earlier, but for some reason, I didn’t want to upset her. I just wanted to be around her, and make her happy.

“Yeah! What do you want to watch?”

We ended up finding The Dark Knight on TV, and she fell asleep in my arms. I turned off the light, pulled the comforter up, and held her tight in my arms. It was the best night sleep I’d ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, thank you to all who subscribed, and to hopeless1313 who commented!
I can't wait to post more and show you guys where this story is headed. :)
~Jess