Reigniting the Passion

Nervous

I'll put the prompt at the beginning of the chapter, some will immediately be inserted into the story.

I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things, as I've been having a lot of issues with writing in general. If you could let me know what you think, that'd be great!

'Sorry, I spout out random facts when I'm nervous.'

"Did you know odontophobia is the fear of teeth?"

"I," Janie furrowed her brow, the sudden fact startling her. "did not. How did you learn that?"

Lance twisted his hands, eyes shifting around the room.

"I like reading, learning new things. Did you know that when you die your hair still grows for a couple of months?"

Janie's mouth open and shut, not entirely sure how to respond.

Hadn't he said he wanted to tell her something important?

"Or that the king of hearts is the only king that has a mustache. Isn't that interesting? I guess back when they first started making cards maybe they thought having a mustache was more romantic. Or did you know that a lions roar can be heard from five miles away?"

Lance opened his mouth to continue, but she quickly intervened.

"Is this what you wanted to talk about?"

"Oh, uh, no. Sorry. I spout out random facts when I'm nervous."

"Why are you nervous?"

Finally his eyes met hers, a slight red coloring his ears. "Because I'm trying to ask you out."