Status: ON GOING

Super Rich Kids

Chapter Four

"I'm just saying – you should finally ask him out. Seriously, it's been years since you've fancied him. It's about time!" Jess waved carelessly, not considering that we're at The Burrow and the academy might just hear what she just suggested.

Jess, Eleanor and I are hanging out at the burrow table waiting for the Lacrosse practice to finish. Louis, Liam and Harry are varsity and they promised we'd go to Zayn's acoustic gig at Trevor's, a small lit café a couple blocks from the school.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and slurped my Frappucino drink ("A gift of thanks from your wonderful best friend, Harry" – one of Harry's junior minions' just given 30 minutes ago) "And what if he doesn't want to go out with me? Jess, Zayn is different alright? The last time he went out with a girl was a year ago. Nadia, was it? The senior? He got absolutely crushed, remember?" I had a brief flashback last February when Zayn sadly plopped into the exact same spot I have right now on Valentine's Day and told us he'll never date in 5 years because of what Nadia did to him. Nadia apparently rejected Zayn after learning that college boys are more interesting, intellect and richer than high school boys.

"Well, I heard he hooked up with Queenie at Jenna's party last weekend. Not sure if it's 100% true so I didn't tell you," Eleanor shared, sipping her own Frappucino as well.

These two girls whom I've been calling my soul sisters are practically forcing me to ask out Zayn Malik to the Style's Fundraising ball this Friday. The Styles' fundraising ball happens every year wherein every family of the academy and Harry's father's business colleagues are there to support the good cause for the benefit of the adopted kids in England's adoption centres. All throughout my life I've been attending with my family with Harry as my date so it would be weird – if not special if I'm going with Zayn this year.

"I don't know – so what if he plays around? He's not my boyfriend," I reply desperately in the hopes that these girls would stop bombarding me. "Plus, it would be weird if I ask him out. Like, for example, tonight at his gig-" I said lamely and it's as if a lightning bulb just suddenly went on a rampage in the heads of Eleanor and Jess as they cheer giddily on what I just said. "Yes! Yes! That would be a great idea! You should ask him out tonight after his gig. No doubt he'd say yes, right? Because he'd been in a super great mood after performing! Oh my god, yes!" Jess claps her hand excitedly. Eleanor nodded her head faster than a bobble head and I huffed in response. When would these girls stop?

"I'm not going out with him-" I said, louder than the rest of their voices combined "Who's going out with who?" I hear at the back. I whipped my head faster anyone could ever have; I swear I had a whiplash and I see Harry, Louis and Liam walking towards us, freshly showered and ready to go.

I swallowed hardly, not in the mood to speak out my undying love to the whole group as I do not trust these boys with my top secret just yet. I know they are my trusty boy friends but boys are boys and bros before hoes did not come from nothing, right?

"We're just saying – Dylan should ask Z-" I zipped Jess big mouth with my hand as both of our eyes bulged as big as sockets as she almost spilled my top secret to the boys. Eleanor laughed while Harry had his eyebrows raised.

"Jess is suggesting that I should ask you guys out where should we go after the fundraising party? I'm thinking we should head over to that new club in SoHo as I've been hearing good stuff about it-" I explained, hoping my blab would be the main focus of this nice mini reunion in the table.

Louis raised his eyebrows and had this smirk on his face which practically means he's going to sell my soul to the Devil or Harry himself. "Pfft, yeah right. I know you're planning to ask Zayn out for the fundraiser. Now am I right, or am I right Dylster?" he pinched my cheeks and I could have died right then and there. I looked at Liam and he's smiling whilst taking a sip of his Gatorade, Eleanor and Jess got their suggestive smirks on their faces whilst Harry's face is confused- as if cold water just hit him on the head.

"You... and Zayn?" Harry sputtered, confusion etched on his face. I never told Harry about my stupid infatuation with Zayn because Harry and Zayn are really good friends and I know that if I tell him about my irresponsible and totally distrusting crush on Zayn, he would – no doubt – grill him like an octopus.

I toyed my straw on my drink and inwardly cursed my friends for having such gigantic mouths. I racked my brain on some sort of explanation as to why I haven't told Harry, my bestfriend but instead, my mouth gaped like a fish.

Harry looked at me confused and then hurt and it's as if something had dawned on him the smirk on his face suddenly appeared. "Well, good luck with that. I don't think Malik would settle for anything less." He flatly said, standing up and waving everyone to head into the parking lot.

-

I was fuming. I can't believe Harry Edward Styles – my best friend for almost my whole life practically just said that I'm not good for Zayn Malik or for anyone else. I can't believe that of all people who would try to sabotage and demolish my emotions was this curly headed boy whom I traded Pokemon cards with on the 6th grade. I can't believe that amongst a throng of people who hated me it was Harry Styles who crushed and trampled my personal well-being. I was on the verge on a real meltdown when I noticed everyone was on the parking lot and Harry and Louis are looking at me expectantly. I looked up in confusion as I noticed that Eleanor is already inside Louis' convertible while Jess is already inside Liam's Porsche. I know I may be sometimes naïve, but Harry Styles isn't really on the highest level on my favorite people list right now. I nodded at Louis and ran inside his car while Louis snickered and did a warning pat on the back to Harry.

We arrived at Trevor's 20 minutes or so – traffic was horrible and the ride to the bar was awkward. Eleanor and Louis know not to test my waters especially when it comes to Harry. Whenever Harry and I got a misunderstanding, they knew not to pry considering no one knows each other but ourselves and we pick up the pieces on our own little weird way.

The boys' cars were parked in a little parallel way, all behind each other and I noticed Niall's blue BMW along the way, parked just between Harry and Niall's car was Zayn's ducati and for a second I felt afraid of Harry's temper after tonight – wondering if he'd be totally cool with Zayn that his girl best friend massively fancies the owner of this fancy motorcycle.

Eleanor, Louis and I got to the entrance wherein a big, burly yet friendly looking man we call Kind Steve gave us a lopsided grin as we approached the door. He made a 2-finger salute sign to Louis and opened the door. Trevor's was packed and there were tons of college kids downing beers on each table. There's a mustached man with a guitar on his hand, playing a Bon Iver song. We tried to search for any one of our friends but to no avail as the place is jampacked.

"I'm gonna go to the bar and find something to drink. You girls look for the lads aye?" Louis suggested, making his way to the bar.

"Yeah okay babe, I want a gin tonic. Dylan?" Eleanor asked sweetly through the booming speakers. "2 jager bombs," I deserved to get buzzed tonight. It's not every day that your bestfriend practically tells you that you're too ugly for someone. Louis wolf-whistled while making a salute sign to me while Eleanor's eyes bulged in sockets. I rolled my eyes and motioned Eleanor to the right side of the stage where I spotted my blonde cousin talking animatedly to Jess. As we made our way to the table, a gentle but noticeable tap on the back was what I felt.

"Hey Dyl. It's really nice to see you here," Zayn whispered, giving me a side hug. Now I know the place is practically booming but when Zayn Malik says your presence is good, right after your so-called best friend tramples on your pride minutes ago, you smile from ear to ear.

"Of course, Z. I wouldn't miss it for the world," I replied, hugging him back. Wait a minute, did I just flirt back? I smiled as I take in his white musk scent with a mix of cigarette and a hint of trouble. As I begin to indulge in to his sweet scent, an intimidating cough rang on to my ear and I knew right then and there that this magical moment is all too sweet to last.

"Malik, so nice of you to grace us with your talented presence," Harry remarked, eyes twitching as if to say we're caught doing an illegal act. I eyed him carefully, trying to comprehend what's on his mind when he suddenly met my eye and gave me a smirk as if to say, "The fun has just started" I huffed in annoyance and followed them onto the table.

Niall who's been downing a big cup of beer wiped his mouth and gave each of us a hug. "What took you guys so long? Dylan, have you had diarrhea at the school again?" I gave him the middle finger and smiled awkwardly as to everyone heard what kind of a doofus my cousin is. Zayn laughed as he took a sip of his own glass. Rum and coke. Figures.

"Where's Lou?" Harry asked, eyeing a blonde chick at the corner.

"Who's looking out for me? Is it you Hazza?" Louis suddenly appeared holding a tray of drinks. "Seriously, this place sucks. They don't have any butler service and everyone has to carry their own drinks. I practically look like a waiter now," Louis ranted, placing the tray full of shots and hard liquor on our almost full table.

"Yeah, if it weren't for Zayn's gig or you asses who like to hang out here, I wouldn't even glance at this place," Jess agreed, annoyance oozing in her appearance.

"Oh come off it guys – we're not here to party or anything. We know we're all here for King Malik. What time are you on, bruv?" Liam asked.

"I'm on it in 20. Let's down these shots, yeah? I need solid shots before I go on stage," Zayn recommended as each one of us downed shots from the tray. I can feel everyone with a grimace as they take a huge sip of the drinks I recommended Louis to get.

"Aaaah, what even is this? Is this Jager bomb? Planning to get sloshed on a school night Lou?" Niall laughed his eyes watery from the solid liquor. "What? Not me! Dylan asked me to get her jager shots!" Seriously, why does everyone likes to embarrass and give me the attention today? I definitely did not ask for it!

Everyone looked at me like they are expecting on some sort of backstory why I decided to get such a strong drink on a pub- more or less. I gulped and tried to act as nonchalant as possible. "What? I missed my best buddy J. Not my fault Lou ordered a whole bottle," I retorted back annoyed at the situation that everything is suddenly about me.

I can feel Harry's eyes on me as he evaluates what's going on in his mind. I sure hope that me riding with Louis and Eleanor makes him feel at least bothered but demolished the thought when he suddenly decides to introduce himself to the blonde girl beside our table.

"Harry's been acting weird the past hour. Was he like that during practice?" Eleanor asked Louis and Liam. Liam shrugged but put it to Louis to who constantly talk and whine all day. "Not really. He's actually in a bright mood on practice, right Li? Maybe its cause Dylan didn't go with him at the car. D, you should at least tell him your little, tiny, secret." Louis winked. I groaned inwardly and Niall and Zayn perked up.

"Secret? How come I didn't know this! All I thought I'm your favorite cousin!" Niall whined, being the annoying little shit he is. I groaned loudly and downed another shot. I can feel all their eyes grew in surprise as I wipe my mouth with my left hand. "Seriously, what is the unwanted attention y'all blokes giving me tonight? Harry's just being the usual spoiled brat that he is," I concluded. Everyone nodded in agreement as a girl with strong eyeliner and lean physique appeared on stage.

"Thank you, Beavis for that wonderful set. How are you guys all feelin' tonight?" the girl greeted. "My name is Lea and I feel honored to introduce to you our next wonderful performer for this evening," Lea giggled as if Zayn's tickling her feet. I looked at Zayn beside me and I feel like hugging him and encouraging him like a proud girlfriend that I am but I remain planted on the floor. "Everyone, let's all give the very talented, Zayn Malik an applause!" Lea finally said and Zayn stepped up to the right side of the stage. He faced the audience and we all cheered loudly as we could and gave him double thumbs up. "Hi guys, thank you all for coming tonight, I really appreciate it." We still continued to cheer. "This is actually my third time to play here in Trevor's and it's safe to say that this feels like home," Zayn shared and I swear to God I may have melted right then and there. "But enough about drama, I'm here to sing. I hope you guys enjoy. This one is called 'It's you,'."

As the first note hit on to Zayn's song, I immediately took a sip of Niall's gigantic cup of beer. I felt Niall's surprise but I don't give a shit, he can go buy another beer. This is not the first time that I've heard Zayn sing, but he always managed to lift my spirits up. I think the first time I realized I liked Zayn was when he was singing. He's a new student Sophomore year and Liam came in our lunch table, introducing this leather jacket wearing bloke from Bradford. I pegged Zayn as shy and mysterious as he sat on our lunch table munching on his Yorkshire pudding quietly. He observed and smiled at Harry's bluntness, Louis' dramatic whines and rants, Niall's obnoxious way of observing things, Liam's bizarre stories about the parties he's been planning and well, accepted the fact that I'm just gawking at his glorious self. Joking. Heh. But as we were having lunch, he received a call from one of his little cousins from California, demanding him to sing them a few lines from their favorite love song before going to bed. Zayn sang So Sick and we all stopped goofing around and eating as he blurts the first few lines of the chorus. I almost dropped my piece of cheesy fries when he got on to the end of the song and I could've died in heaven. I felt like there's so much passion and love when he was singing, even just for a bit and just to please his little cousins. Whenever he's singing, he gives his 100% and that's what I admire about him.

"Can someone ask for a janitor, this one beside me's drooling all over the floor," I heard Harry say, surprised that I didn't notice him going my way. I rolled my eyes and shot him daggers.

"I swear Harry, if you came in here just to wreck my day then I suggest you go fuck yourself," I shouted at him. Harry raised his hands in defense and faced me with a serious look on his face. "I was just kidding, Dyl. Does Zayn really put your panties in a twist? Jeez," he remarked and I swear I almost slapped him. Before I began to scream profanities at him, he stopped me and placed his hands on both sides of my arm.

"Why didn't you tell me you like Zayn?" he asked quietly - so quietly that I almost asked him to repeat his question. I looked at him, surprised at his sudden mood change and realized that maybe Harry's just really looking after me; but that didn't give him the reason to let everyone hear that I am no good for Zayn.

I swallowed a lump on my throat as Zayn continues to serenade a bunch of kids who are out on a school night. "Harry, it's not-" I began but he cut me off by handing me another shot of jagger. "Now don't even try to deny it, D. I mean, I've had my assumptions before but in case you forgot, I was the one who's with you when you first had your heart broken and also the reason why Matthew Richards migrated to Canada," We were 14 and I was infatuated with Matthew Richards a classmate we had but then I found out that he's been going out with me because his father commanded him to 'go out with Dylan Banks because she's rich and her dad might give you a little inheritance'; a conversation I heard at the locker room. Upon hearing, I ran as fast as I could until I reached our house and planned to lock myself the whole day but before midnight, Harry managed to get through my balcony and watched me cry while binge-watching on A Walk to Remember and She's all that. The next day, I found an intercontinental breakfast on the side of my bed and I instantly felt better. I managed to get through school and while I'm on my way to my last class of the day, I was searching for Harry who's nowhere to be found, I found Louis outside the headmaster's office waiting. Louis gave me a frustrated look and never gave me clues as to why he's there when suddenly, Harry shows up at the door with a huge bruise on his face. I gasped and demanded answers when Matthew suddenly appears; three huge bruises on his left side of face and begged for my forgiveness. Harry and Louis dragged me out of the hallway and treated me burgers and milkshakes at a nearby diner. Never did they spoke of what really happened as both Harry and Louis are such in good mood and I owe it to Harry stop being a miserable sod after the night before. The next day as I was walking towards my first class, Jess stopped me and told me that Matthew Richards got expelled and his whole family is moving to Canada the next day.

"Look Haz, I'm sorry I didn't tell you- I just think it's not important," I managed to say, feeling a bit awkward that I have to explain this to my best friend. "I mean, who really cares if I like Zayn right? Clearly, as you've said earlier, he won't settle for anything less," I sly-digged and I saw him wince at my chosen words.

Harry scratched the back of his neck and swallowed deeply. "Dylan, that's not what I meant when I said that," he tried to explain, Zayn's soothing voice hummed at us despite the tension that's been going on. "I was just really surprised that you didn't tell me. And we were supposed to tell everything, right? And I meant it the other way around. Zayn's a really good friend of mine but I think you know that nothing - I mean literally nothing could compare to you," he explains, his green eyes smoldering my brown ones. At times like these, it's really hard to get mad at Harry Edward Styles. His way of choosing his words, his attentive green eyes tucking you in, it must be a talent to resist his God-given charm.

"Yeah right, Styles. You're bluffing me. Is that a new method of getting new hoes? Trust me, it might work for that blonde girl over there," I pointed indirectly and I swear I thought the girl gave us a seductive wink. "But definitely not to me." I said teasingly, but maintained my serious stance to give him at least a hard time for once in his goddamned spoiled life. "No seriously Dyl, I know I hurt you when I said that, and I'm really sorry. I was just really surprised and a bit hurt – well, that sounded really gay; not that I'm against gays or anything but really, I just-" Harry began to ramble and I raised my eyebrows. "Okay, I'm fucking up right? I'm gonna shut up now. I really suck at these," he cursed himself at how dumb he looked and I laughed inwardly, this is karma. I urged him to go forward and he nodded, a determined look on his face. "I know I look pretty stupid right now, and I know you're enjoying it but just know Dylan, that you really is my best friend and if you really like this ass-" he motioned at the stage and for a second there I almost forgot Zayn is singing a remake of Mario's Let Me Love You "you got my support. I know you're under the impression that I might do what I did to that bloke Richards but nah, Malik's a great guy... weird, but a pretty okay guy." I smiled and nodded, surprised that Harry is finally giving in.

"Harry, look – I'm not asking Zayn's hand for marriage," Harry smirked and I gave him the middle finger. "Hell, he doesn't even know I have a crush on him. So please, chill out. No need to get all fatherly to me." I explained, comfortable to the fact that we're back to being the great duo. He laughed and we both faced the stage, realizing Zayn is almost wrapping up his set with his last song. Harry pulled me forward so we're doing a side hug and began to listen to Zayn's last minute thank you's.

"But really Dyl, what did you like about Zayn? Is it his smoldering looks? His bad ass motorcycle? His rebellious stage?"

I pulled my tongue at him and punched him in the arm "Shut up Styles, or I'll give your dick to that blonde girl over there."

After Zayn's set, the group managed to get another bottle of Grey Goose vodka. It's a Thursday and we know we're all pushing our limits here on a school night but that's the problem with alcohol - you just don't stop. After Harry and I had that 'heartfelt' talk about Zayn, everything began to its usual pace. Jess, Eleanor and I are talking about the scheduled fittings we're about to have for gowns we'll wear to the Styles fundraising event while the boys decided to be such little shits and snorted a few lines inside Harry's maserati.

"I take it, you and Harry already made up?" Eleanor asked, toying the stirrer on her cup.

"Yeah and I seriously don't know why everyone's making a big deal out of this. I have a crush on Zayn, big deal?!" I sputtered, irritated.

"YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON ZAYN?!"