Sequel: Heaven Tonight

Gone with the Sin

I never wanted to fool you, no

“You’re crazy you know that?” My mom yells through the phone. “I get that this band is one of your favorite bands but following them cross country isn’t safe.”

I just roll my eyes, “momma, I’ll be fine. I go to concerts for a living. I travel to small towns all the time for concerts. How is this any different?”

Silence. She can’t think of anything to say; she knows I’m right. This is no different then what I usually do. This time around, it’s only the same three bands over and over again.

“This just feels different.” She sighs. “Please tell me you’re not going alone. I hate you going to concerts alone.”

“I know. You paid me $200 dollars just so I wouldn’t go to a concert by myself before.” I chuckle. “But I’m an adult now. I can handle myself. Besides they are performing in small venues, a little bit more safe than bigger ones.”

“What about what happened in Las Vegas? What if that happens again to one of the shows you go to?”

“I can’t live my life in fear of the what ifs.” I sternly say to her. “Momma, I’m going to do this whether you like it or not. HIM has been such a big part of my life, I need to do this. This is their final tour, I need to go to these shows.”

“Just tell me at least Victoria is coming with you? That’ll make me feel better.”

A chuckle a little at the mention of my best friend since college. “Yea she’s going to shows, she just has to work around her schedule.”

“I don’t get why you love this band so much.”

“HIM is to me as The Doors are to you.” I explain to her. “Ville Valo is my Jim Morrison. Don’t tell me if you had the chance you wouldn’t follow The Doors around.”

Again silence.

“Please just stay safe. I don’t want to get a call in the middle of the night telling me that my baby girl was found dead at a concert.”

“You worry too much.” I tell her. “I’ll be fine. Don’t worry. I’ll call you twice a day every day and text you in between to let you know I’m fine.”

“I can’t believe my daughter is following a band cross country.” She chuckles in disbelief. “CAn you at least pick me up shot glasses from the different cities you’re visiting?”

I can’t help but to laugh, “of course momma. That was already my game plan..”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe? This is my first Ville Valo fanfic!