Sequel: Heaven Tonight

Gone with the Sin

And it feels like I've been buried alive by love

“I can’t believe you’re actually doing this.” My sister, Alice, says as she helps me set up my dog’s crate in her house. “You’re seriously going to follow this band around the country?”

“HIM has been such a big part of my life and I want to honor my love for them by documenting each show; preserving it forever in photography.”

“They have professional photographers.” She reminds me. “They don’t need a fangirl with a photography degree following them.”

“This isn’t for them, this is for me.” I explain. “This little project is just for me and maybe my followers; that’s it. I don’t plan on them suddenly paying me or something like that. I highly doubt they’ll notice me.”

“I don’t know, I’m pretty sure I’d notice a girl with bright blue hair covered in tattoos following me.” She chuckles causing me to let one out as well.

“You know you just described 95% of their fanbase right?” I chuckle again. “I’ll just be another face in the crowd. I’ll be fine.”

“I just hope you know what you’re doing.” She sighs. “Anubis here needs his momma to come back in one piece. Isn’t that right buddy?” She asks, petting my all black German Shepherd Dog puppy.

“This isn’t anything I’ve never done before.” I remind her. “I’ll be fine. You and momma worry too much…”

**

October 23rd; The Van Buren in Phoenix Arizona


“How’s Arizona treating you?” Victoria asks me over the phone. “Hot out there?”

“I rather be out here than in Philly’s cold ass temperatures.” I chuckle as I put some black eyeshadow over my eyes. “It sucks you can’t make it out to this show. First shows of the tour are always the best; they’re not so tired.”

“I’m sure your facebook live posts will give me life and the motivation to live on another day.” She laughs. “Besides I’ll be at the next two. I won’t be missing too much.”

“This is true.” I agree. “I still wish you could be here with me. This band is the whole reason why we became friends.”

“It sucks they’re over with.” She sighs. “So many good memories revolve around this band. That final show is going to be so hard. Post Concert Depression is going to be at an all time high.”

“This isn’t going to be like any other show,” I sigh. “Their final show of this tour is their final show period. We’ll never see them again. That’s the true definition of depression.”

“Enjoy the shows while you can.” She tells me. “That final show is in the distant future. And you better give me a full report tomorrow, okay?”

“Of course.” I chuckle. “I’ll also send you many pictures of those Finnish angels we love so much.”

“I’m going to let you finish getting ready.” Victoria tells me. “I’ll see you in a couple days. Have fun.”

“See you soon.” We exchange a quick goodbye and I go back to putting the finishing touches on my makeup.

**

“Hello ladies and gents, welcome back to my lovely channel!” I yell into my phone as I go live for my youtube channel. “If you are new here I’m JD and I travel the country and go to concerts and vlog about my experience. Starting today and ending November 17th I’ll be traveling the country following one of my favorite bands on their farewell tour! I’m here in Phoenix Arizona and we’re here to start the Bang and Whimper tour featuring the bands 3Teeth, CKY and the greatest band of all time, HIM!”

A couple of fellow fans behind me scream HIM’s name causing me to laugh.

“These next couple weeks are going to be a bumpy ride. Stay tuned for my emotional roller coaster review. I’m about to head into The Van Buren and rock out to three great bands!” I give a thumbs up. “Also don’t forget to check out my Tumblr for pictures of tonight and some exclusive interviews with the most important people to them; us fans. See you guys in a little bit. Let’s get ready to rock!!!!” I finish the video as the line moves. This do or die time. The first show of the final tour is about to begin...
♠ ♠ ♠
Jez

Comment&subscribe? Want to be a character? Then let me know in a PM and I'll send you the things I need.