Status: in progress/frequent updates

You Haunt Me

xvii. August 4th, 2013

Rae sat backstage, waiting for the band to be done performing.

“Thanks again for having us, we love you all!” she heard him yell, signaling the end of the show.

They finally came back, and John’s eyes widened when he saw her sitting there.

“Surprise!” she exclaimed, jumping up from her seat.

“What the fuck?” he spoke as she wrapped her arms around him. “Is this for real?”

She laughed. “Happy birthday, O’Callaghan.”

“I can’t believe you’re actually here,” he kissed the top of her head.

“We told you we got you the best gift,” Garrett laughed.

“Well, you weren’t lying,” John responded.

───────────────


They all sat on the tour bus, a small cake from the store just up the street set on the table. A single candle was stuck in the middle of it.

“You’re too old for all of them,” Garrett had told him.

Rae snapped a photo on her camera as he blew it out.

Slowly, everyone left to their bunks, and Rae and John were left alone at the front of the bus.

“Guess it’s just you and me,” he raised his eyebrows suggestively at her.

“Don’t even, O’Callaghan,” she laughed, hitting his chest with the back of her hand.

“I’m just playing,” he laughed with her. “Soon you won’t be able to call me that.”

“Hmm?” she questioned him.

He took her hand, fiddling with the ring on her finger. “You’ll also be O’Callaghan.”

She laughed. “What makes you think I’m taking your name?”

“I’m not saying you have to,” he responded.

“I’m kidding, O’Callaghan,” she put emphasis on his nickname.

“We’ve hardly even had a chance to talk about the wedding,” he spoke.

“I know,” she responded. “Everything’s way too busy.”

“Well, Stella is going to be the maid of honour I’m sure,” he laughed. “And Garrett the best man. When should we have it?”

“I’ve always liked the idea of a fall wedding, but we don’t really get fall in Arizona.”

“So we have it where there is,” he suggested.

“We can’t afford that, John,” she responded, laughing.

“We’ll make it work. I promise,” he spoke.

“This is why I love you, John,” she kissed his cheek.

He cupped her cheeks, kissing her lips. “I love you, too.”