Status: Active

Love Has Perfect Timing

Chapter 4

On the way to the restaurant, Amy texted Hannah to let her know that we were all in LA and try to plan a time to meet up with her.
Hannah was working in a theater in NY as a production manager and got an opportunity to go out to LA to work as a producer. She jumped at the chance and moved to LA.
She loves it out here and is usually so busy it takes her days to get back to us. Hopefully it won't take her that long since we're in her town now.

We arrived at the restaurant and were seated immediately. It was a very nice restaurant. There were small chandeliers above every table. There was soft music playing in the background and everyone was dressed up. I'm glad Michelle packed my little black dress. Cliche, I know, but if she hadn't packed it, I probably would've not been dressed well enough to get into this restaurant.

We ordered a bottle of wine and some appetizers to share. It was an expensive restaurant and we would've broke the bank if we all ordered dinners.
We had a great time together laughing, reminiscing, talking about what we wanted to do while we're in LA and the Michelle piped up, "One of my goals is to get Caylee a man while we're out here." I pursed my lips. Jess and Amy laughed but both said, "Amen."

"I don't need any of you to help me get a man, thank you. I'm fine on my own."

"Yeah, okay." Michelle said as she gave me an evil smile and took another sip of wine.

"Whatever, just make sure he's hot and rich." I said as I joked along with them.

Michelle, Jess and Amy all said Amen to that and we moved on to other topics.

As we were finishing up, Amy got a message from Hannah.

"She says she wants to meet up with us while we're here." Amy told us all.

They both texted back and forth a few times and Hannah realized that we were at a restaurant a few blocks away from a bar that she was at.

We decided to head over to the bar after we were finished at the restaurant.

We decided to leave our car in the parking garage and just walk over.
When we got to the bar we saw a line to get in. I've seen that for plenty of clubs before but seeing a line to get into a bar was a new one for me.

We made our way to the back of the line. There were about thirty people in front of us. Amy texted Hannah to let her know that we were waiting in the line.

As we were waiting Jess fixed the back of Michelle's dress and Amy and I retouched our make-up. We were only there a few minutes but the line didn't move at all. We were all a little tired and were thinking about giving up and trying to meet up with Hannah another time when we heard a loud voice, "AMY, MICHELLE, CAYLEE AND JESS!" We all turned our heads toward the front of the line to where we heard the booming voice call out our names.
Michelle was the first one to speak up, "That's us!" She yelled back.
A very tall and wide man came stomping over to us. His deep voice commanded all of us. "Follow me, Hannah is waiting for you inside."
We all exchanged a quick look of confusion before we piled in line behind him.
There was a chorus of sighs, and come on's as we cut the entire line to get in.
I didn't realize Hannah had so much status here that she could arrange for us to get in on such short notice.
As we walked through the door, it was nothing like I thought it was going to be. It was probably the fanciest bar I had ever seen. There was quiet music playing, everyone was dressed to their best and the lights were dim. I'm pretty sure I saw a few celebrities tucked into a few of the booths that we passed. I was caught up in looking at everything before I realized we had reached Hannah's table.

"Hi Ladies, I'm glad you made it here! I missed you all so much!" Hannah said as she made her way down the line giving each one of us a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

She invited us to sit with the other people she was there with. She was with two men, both looked familiar but I couldn't place where I had seen them before.

"Girls, this is Joe Mantegna and Adam Rodriguez." She said as she pointed first to the older man and then to the younger one,

A chorus of Hi's and Hello's came from the four of us as we all squeezed into the booth. It was a half circle booth that had room for about 5 more people on top of who we had already squeezed in. I was at one end and Hannah was at the other. Michelle was sitting next to Adam and she seemed very comfortable to sit so close to him.

As we made polite conversation with Hannah and her friends, I realized these men were actually her co-workers. I guess they also work on the same show the Hannah works on.
I know Hannah told me what show she worked on but I can never remember the name. It's one that I had heard of but never gotten around to watching. It seemed that the other girls had recognized them and were having a blast talking with them. I stayed pretty quiet feeling awkward for not knowing what they were referring to.

After about 30 min, the older man pipes up, "Finally, it was getting so late, I didn't think you were going to show up!" he said. He was looking in my direction but obviously behind me. I turned my head and looked up to see who he was talking to and my eyes met with the most handsome eyes I have ever seen. I silently gasped.