Dimples

One

"Rita, are you coming!?" Ana called up the stairs.

I sighed and worried my bottom lip, taking one last look around the room I would no longer call mine. My best friend and I were moving in together to a flat in London, to be closer to our places of work. It would also cut the costs of living for both of us.

"Coming," I called back down to her.

With that I made my way down the stairs, and to the front door of the flat I would be leaving behind forever. I had mixed feelings about it. I picked the two bags I had left there up off the floor and followed Ana out to her car, watching her blonde hair shine like gold in the light of the setting sun.

"Are we really doing this?" I asked. I watched her shove a box full of the random plushes and figurines I'd collected over the years into the back of her car. When she was done I shoved my bags in with it, and the other items I'd packed.

"Yep, you'd best be ready," she grinned. "Lease is signed and everything. No backing out now."

I let out a breath and pushed my curly, long red hair over my shoulder. I placed a hand over my chest and took a deep breath.

"You okay?" Ana asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. She frowned and I nodded.

"Just anxiety," I said. "I took my med a little late this morning. But I'll be okay in a bit. Promise."

"Okay," Ana said. She didn't seem all-too convinced, but left it at that.

We got in her car, and she started the engine. It sputtered a little, causing Ana to curse under her breath, before coming to life. And with that we were off to London, off to our new flat, weaving through the ungodly traffic. We sang along to the random songs on the radio, the station we were tuned in on playing old, treasured songs.

Once we were finally there Ana pulled into the car park, and then turned and grinned at me. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Okay, so," she began. I nodded as encouragement for her to continue. "The main reason I picked this place is because it's close to both our work places, yeah? The other reason... is that!"

She pointed out the window, and I followed her gaze. There was a man who had just exited the building, his chocolate curls bouncing on his head with every step he took. I turned back to Ana and raised an eyebrow at her again.

"And who is that?" I asked.

"That," she said, nodding toward him again, "is my coworker, Harry Styles. I'm not even into his kind, and I'm blown away by his looks. He has the CUTEST dimpled smile, and I know that's the kind of smile that melts your heart."

I groaned and sank back into the car seat, and said, "Please tell me you're not trying to set me up with someone AGAIN." Ana nudged my shoulder and wiggled her eyebrows. I didn't budge.

"Oh, come on," she said. "You need to get over David. At least check him out? You barely even looked at him."

I crossed my arms over my chest and continued to stare ahead of me. Ana sighed, finally giving up, though I knew she would only continue to harass me later.

"Rita..." she said. "Alright. Let's just go in. We have some unpacking to do."
♠ ♠ ♠
This story's got a slow start, but I promise it'll be good...