Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

Birthday Party

~♦~ Jennifer’s Point Of View ~♦~

ONE MONTH LATER

Over the past month Matt and Val couldn’t have helped anymore than they did. They took me to see someone to help with what they referred to as ‘my problem’, they haven’t ever said addiction.

I’ve tried to act as though nothing happened between me and Zack but it’s as though he’s trying to make it difficult. It’s as though to him Chloe doesn’t exist anymore because ever since that night he’s been trying to get closer to me, acting like the kiss actually meant something to him.

Chloe calls me every week to check up on me and make sure I’m doing okay and when she does I act as though I’m the happiest person alive. She lets me talk to Charlie when she calls too which is good since Lakeview doesn’t allow their patents to make phone calls.

My life would finally be getting better if it wasn’t for the fact that I’ve been keeping another secret from everyone. They think I’ve stopped taking pills, but I haven’t. I couldn’t it was just too much for me to handle and a week ago I cracked under the pressure and that large tub of painkillers in the bathroom has been my best friend ever since.

We were going to a party tonight. The Berry brothers had arranged a surprise birthday party for Alice at her house so everyone was heading over there tonight but Matt, Val and I were going early to help them set everything up.

Val told me just to put what I was going to wear in a bag and get changed there because she’d come to realise I was very messy and would probably ruin it before the party even started.

Once we arrived we were met outside by Jason and Stacey who were pulling bags of food and alcohol out the boot of the car. Stacey turned to us before ushering me and Val inside and leaving Matt outside to help Jason.

“Okay we have banners to hang, food to cook and phone calls to make. Who wants what?” she asked with a happy smile on her face, according to Val, she was always happy when she was arranging surprise parties.

“Wait, you mean you haven’t invited everyone yet?” asked Val as she pulled off her coat and sat it over the back of the couch.

“Well yeah. I just haven’t told them what time to be here, I didn’t know when Matt would be bringing Ali back from the cinema.” Val nodded.

“Okay I’ll take food. Since you both are useless cooks.” smiled Val playfully an I threw a pillow at her.

“Oh! I’ll do banners!” I laughed as I put my hand in the air as Val stuck her tongue out at me. A childish gesture which I returned.

“Okay so I’m on phone calls.” noted Stacey and we all set to work.

♥♦♥♦♥♦♥

An hour and a half later we had finished getting everything ready, I had gone upstairs and got dressed and everyone was here except Alice and Matt B. we were all sitting in the living room waiting for them arrive when Johnny came running out of the hall whispering loudly that they were coming. The light was off so all we had to do was stand there and wait until she put it on.

“Surprise!!” everyone shouted as she walked into the living room and switched on the light. She honestly looked like she was about to faint but then a large smiled spread across her face.

“Oh my god!” she laughed as everyone ambushed her with ‘happy birthday’s’ and hugs.

“Hey Jenny!” she smiled as I walked over to her and hugged her. “Everyone looks great I wish I’d known there was gonna be a party I would have dressed up a bit.” she sighed.

“I can hold the fort down here for a good five, ten minutes.” she looked at me hopefully. “go on, go get changed.” she smiled before running upstairs to get changed.

♥♦♥♦♥♦♥

It was about four hours into the party and for about two and a half of those hours me, Michelle, Val and Leana had been dancing. We finally managed to pull ourselves out of the living room which had been turned into a makeshift dance floor and we pilled out to far end of the back garden for some much needed fresh air.

“So Jen.” started Val and I knew I was about to get grilled about something as her Michelle and Leana Boxed me in with the sisters sitting on either side of me and Leana in front. “What’s going on with you and Zack?”

“Nothing, what would make you ask that?” I bit my lip as they each gave me an unconvinced look, damn these girls were good.

“Please, you two are obviously hung up on each other. Why don’t you just, you know.” stated Leana as she smirked knowingly.

“She means get it on.” clarified Michelle as Lacey appeared beside her.

“What we talking bout? Jen and Zack?” I groaned in frustration, was it really that obvious I liked him?

“Guys can we just drop this already, I’m sick of talking about it.” I sighed before sitting down on one of the deck chairs that was in Alice’s back garden.

“Why won’t you give it a chance Jen? The guy is pretty much bending over backwards to get your attention and your acting like he doesn’t exist.” that one was Lacey.

“Because he doesn’t like me. How could he when I saw him and Chloe together the night we kissed?” this comment made their eyes go wide and everyone of them went quiet.

“You two kissed? And what do you mean ‘together’, cause there are a lot of definitions of together.” asked Michelle and I ran a hand through my messy hair before explaining.

“Well I kinda kissed him.. It was the night I told everyone about my addiction. Then when I went to find him so we could put the movie on I saw him and Chloe outside on the street kissing.”

“You kissed Zack!?” shouted Leana before Val elbowed her in the stomach as everyone else ‘shh’ed her and she shut up.

“Your sure they were kissing?” asked Lacey and I nodded. “One hundred per cent sure, like you saw them lip locking?”

“I don’t know Lacey I wasn’t analysing them! It was dark outside, and they couldn’t get any closer to each other and yes I’m am certain I saw Chloe‘s lips attached to Zack‘s face.” everyone was quiet for a few seconds.

“Wow.” stated Val and everyone nodded in agreement. We heard some familiar voices coming from the door to the house and looked up to see Johnny and Brian standing signalling for us all to come back inside.

“I think I’m gonna stay out here for a while. Cool down a bit, yeah?” I said as the other girls all began walking back up to the house. They nodded and soon I was at the bottom of the garden alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Her Outfit

So the girls are onto her...
Leave me at least Five Comments
And find out what happens next....

Shannon
xXx