Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

Be Strong

~♦~ Zacky’s Point Of View ~♦~

We were all sitting in the waiting room of the hospital and when I say all I mean all of us. We’d called Matt and the rest of the guys and girls and they’d drove right out here to Verde Valley Medical Centre where Jen was in the intensive care unit. All 13 of us - Matt, Val, Jimmy, Leana, Johnny, Lacey, Brian, Michelle, Chloe, Blake, Charlie, Cameron and I, where taking up most of the room as we waited for the doctors to tell us something, anything about Jen.

“Relations to Miss Jennifer Sanders?” asked a very tall middle aged woman. All of our eyes darted in her direction as Matt, Val, myself and Chloe jumped up. “Your all related to her?”

“Yes, how is she?” asked Matt, the worry which all of us shared clear in his eyes as he held onto Val for dear life.

“Not too good. We’ve managed to stabilize her for now but the next few hours will be crucial.” she sighed before looking down at her clip board. There was something else, I knew it.

“What’s wrong, is there something else?” I asked I searched her face for an explanation.

“I’m afraid we did all we could, but we couldn‘t save the baby.” she said quietly and I felt as though my entire world had fallen apart.

“Baby? She.. She was pregnant?” I asked slowly. I felt both Chloe and Val grab onto my hands as I let myself drop into the seat behind me.

“You didn’t know?” she asked, biting her lip slightly. “Oh my, I am so sorry.” Matt looked as though he hadn’t quiet believed what she’d said, too be honest, I didn’t either. Pregnant, Jen?

“How long?” I heard someone ask, it might have been Michelle but I couldn’t be certain, I was three thousand miles away, in fact I wasn’t even on the planet. I was still trying to digest the fact that Jen had been pregnant, she’d been pregnant with my kid.

“Only a week or so, I’m sorry.” she was interrupted by an annoying beeping sound, she pulled out her pager before her eye went wide. “Excuse me please.”

“Oh my god Zack, I’m so sorry.” said Chloe as she pulled me close for a hug.

“She was pregnant, she was having my kid.” I whispered, I still couldn’t believe it. “God I hope she’s gonna be okay, I love her so much.” I felt my eyes well up with tears and a few fell.

“She’s gonna be okay man, she’s a Sanders, she’s a fighter.” Brian said as he walked over and put his hand on my shoulder.

“She’s been fighting for the past three years at the least, what happens if she’s out of fight?” I asked slightly louder.

“Don’t you dare say that!” shouted Matt as he pulled himself away from Val and stomped over towards me. “Don’t you dare even think something that! She’s going to be fine, she’s going to come back to Huntington and everything will be fine.”

“Yeah.. Yeah your right, she’ll be fine.” I sighed, running my hands over my face. “I’m just worried about her.”

“I know man.” Chloe got up from the seat beside me and Matt took her place. “I know why your so worried and I know you love her but that’s why you gotta keep it together. We all do.”

“You’ve got to stay strong for her Zack, especially when she finds out what happened.” voiced Leana from her seat next to Jimmy.

“Charlotte, are you alright? Char babe?” I turned to see Blake fussing over Charlie. Cameron was sitting on the floor playing with his toy cars and she was staring off into space only she looked a mix between angry and upset with tears running down her face.

“It was him. She told him that he’d have to kill her first to get to me. And now…” she broke down and buried her head into Blake’s chest. I felt the anger boil inside of me as I remembered the words he’d said and Jen’s response. Could it really have been him that had hit her?

After countless hours of worrying, pacing and worrying some more I finally fell into a not so peaceful sleep. Of course our anxiety was only heightened by Cameron as he asked ‘When’s aunty Jenny going to be okay again?’ every fifteen minutes. It was so difficult trying to explain to a three year old kid that someone is in a really bad condition.

“Mr Sanders, Mr Baker?” I opened my eyes and looked up to see the same woman from before walk into the room, she fixed her hair into a clasp before continuing. “We believe she’ll be okay. She’ll be exhausted for any visitors but I’m sure if your quiet you should be able to go in, only you two though. We don’t want her getting strained.

I breathed a sigh of relief. She was going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay well this is the last chapter.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who left comments and gave me the incentive to keep writing as i do have a tendancy to stop writing a story half way through, (those of you who used to read my 'Second Hand Faith' story will know this.)

Anyways, thanks to everyone
Check out my new story Fabricated Reality!

Shannon
xXx