Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

Bueberry Muffins

~♦~ Jennifer’s Point Of View ~♦~

“You know there was a time when I’d be scared about getting sacked for what we did last night.” sighed Chloe as she walked into the kitchen the next morning. We were all sitting around the breakfast table eating and she’d been the last one up as she couldn‘t get to sleep the night before, I‘d heard her walking around.

“There was also a time when you actually turned up for work.” smirked Charlie as she glanced at the clock.

“But not anymore cause you’re the boss!” I shouted happily as I took my empty bowl of cereal over to the dishwasher and put it in

“yup that’s right! I’m the boss.” she giggled as she went over to the fridge to get a glass of orange juice.

“Finished!” announced Cameron as he put the crusts for his toast down on he plate again.

“Hey Cam, wanna watch a movie now your finished your breakfast?” asked Chloe as she put the carton of juice back into the fridge before taking a sip of her orange juice.

“Erm, mama?” he asked Charlie as though it were her choice.

“She asked you Cameron, you choose.” she smiled down at him as she lifted two bags into the kitchen. She was such a good mother, even in the few hours that Cameron had been in her care. It was as though all of the habits she used to have just came right back to her. What can I say, some people are just supposed to be parents.

I just wished I was one of them, I’d give anything to have a kid at one point in my life. Obviously not right now but someday in the future. I love kids, they are the epitome of innocence and have no idea of the problems going on around them in the world.

“Okay, yes aunty Chloe I’d like to watch a DVD now please.” he shouted as he walked into the living room in front of me and then over to where Chloe was standing in front of a large cupboard filled with loads of DVD’s.

“Chloe, he is so lucky you’re a kid at heart.” I said sarcastically as I noticed just how many Disney movies there were in the cupboard. She just stuck her tongue out at me before turning back to the cupboard to see which one Cameron had picked out.

About fifteen minutes later and we were all sitting in the living room watching ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ with all of the lights off and two large bowls of popcorn between us. It was just getting to the bit with Sally’s song when I felt my phone vibrating against my leg, sighing I got up and walked into the kitchen to read the text.

‘He’s coming for Cameron’

I didn’t recognise the number, but I knew who they were talking about. We would need to leave for Huntington straight away, I was just hoping he wasn’t gong to follow us. I ran through to the living room, everyone looking up from the film.

“We have to go back to Huntington, now. Nathan’s looking for us and I’m thinking he’s gonna find us and he‘s gonna be angry.” I said quickly, Zack jumped up out of his seat.

“Babe calm down, he’s not gonna find us and even if he did, don’t you think me and Blake would be able to take him?” he smirked as his arms laced around me protectively.

“Please Zack, I’d feel so much better and safer if we went back to Huntington.” I explained to him as I pushed myself closer to him, feeling more safe with each centimetre I got closer.

“I agree with Jenny. I think the sooner we get out of here the better, I don’t want to lose my son again.” sighed Charlie as she pulled Cameron closer to her, hugging him tightly.

“I’ll go buy some food for the drive.” I nodded as I turned before grabbing my jacket, sunglasses and Zack’s keys.

♥♦♥♦♥♦♥

Fifteen minutes later and I was walking out of the grocery store with two bags full of food. I got everything I thought we would need, making the bags almost overflow as I hurried across the street to the car. When I got to the car I placed the bags in the backseat hen I heard my phone go off.

“Hey Zack, what’s up?” I asked as I got into the drivers seat, waiting to finish our conversation before I would start up the car.

“Hey, nothing much I just really wanted to talk to you, oh and Charlie said to ask you if you got blueberry muffins?” came his voice from the other end of the call, no matter how much I heard it, I just kept loving it more and more.

“Erm.. No? I‘ll go get them now” I laughed, I should have known she’d want blueberry muffins, she loved them.

“She also said you wouldn’t have but she said not to worry about it and just forget it,” he said with a small chuckle.

“Nah I‘ll go get them.” I smirked as I got out of the car again before running back across the road and into the shop again. I’d stayed on the phone to him while I was in the store, talking about random stuff that wasn’t really important, I just felt the need to talk to him.

“Yeah so is everything packed up over there?” I asked as I took the packet of blueberry muffins from the counter after I’d paid for them and then walked outside, readjusting the sunglasses shielding my eyes from the sun.

“Yeah we’ve got everything ready and by the door, just waiting for you and the car.” he was breathing a little heavier than usually after lifting all of the bags downstairs.

“Alright well I’ll be ther...” I never got to finish that sentence and the next few seconds were so much of a blur I couldn’t even be sure of what had happened. There were the sounds of screeching breaks, cars horns and then a searing pain in my side, arm and then finally my head.

People around me screamed as I lay sprawled n the ground with a pounding on my head which felt as though Jimmy were playing the drums on my skull. I could hear Zack’s voice quietly from the phone which lay next to me, shouting my name, telling me to answer him. But I couldn’t, my voice wouldn’t work.
♠ ♠ ♠
....

Believe it or not this is definitely not the last chapter of this story
Five comments for the next one please!

Shannon
xXx