Status: first draft

The Eyes of the Sun and Moon

The Eyes of the Sun and Moon

She awakens to find a warm glow enveloping her body. Her face is pleasantly hot. She feels as though a plush, fuzzy blanket has been draped over her, but she is covered only by a thin sheet. Rising from her bed, she glides over to open the window. Sunlight kisses her bare skin, unrestrained. The room around her is flooded with golden light, making everything sparkle. She knows she should be exhausted right now. She should feel the weight of a late night pulling heavily at her shoulders. She should still be asleep, but she’s wide awake. That golden light invigorates her, sets her veins aflame with excitement. She smiles as she leans out the window to breathe in the fresh morning air. Her hair is a golden waterfall, her cheeks the hot pink of passion, and her eyes shine sapphire blue, deep and inviting. She holds out her arms and twirls around, soaking up the warmth, her soft white nightgown wisps about her like gentle clouds. Sighing with contentment, she removes the garment and tosses it aside, relishing the sun on her skin as she slowly gets dressed for the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the second section of the short story I have been working on.