Status: Will be updated every 2 comment!

Too Scared to Love Again

Chapter 13

Lynn had just stepped out of the shower, her soaked hair attached to her bare back, meanwhile she unwrapped the towel, leaving it on the floor as she went to scoop up some lotion to sweep across her arms.

“Stacy’s mom has it goin’on! She’s all I want and I’ve waited for so long! Stacy, can’t you see, you’re just not the girl for me. I know it might be wrong, but I’m in love with Stacy’s mom!” Cynthia sang loudly from her bedroom that had been left with the door open, meanwhile she worked on her makeup.

The brunette chuckled at Cynthia’s loud and not so entirely graceful vocals. She wrapped a towel around her hair, and then put on a pair of fresh underwear, going for the comfortable kind, before she got dressed in a pair of torn dark jeans and a white longline tee.

“You look fresh!” Cynthia giggled, spinning around in her little chair and glancing at the brunette, who was now brushing through the thick knots of her dark hair.

“Oh, very.” Lynn replied dryly, a snicker following.

“What are you doing today?” the blonde asked, applying her darkest red lipstick.

“I was thinking about doing some grocery shopping.” Lynn announced, slipping her long fingers through her hair. “What about you? Why are you dolling yourself up?

“Exciting!” Cynthia chimed. “I’m meeting someone.” she answered rather secretly.

“Meeting someone?” Lynn cocked her eyebrows at her friend.

“Yes. A friend.”

“What kind of friend?” Lynn had paddled into Cynthia’s room, leaning against the wall, her head resting against Matt Sander’s face that had been hung up on her wall.

“A good friend.” Cynthia half-giggled.

“You’re going on a date!” the brunette cupped her mouth, unable to choke the snorting sound from her vibrating lips.

“I’m not!” Cynthia protested.

“Who’s going on a date?” Blair announced, very interested as she speeded down the hall.

“Cynthia!”

“WHAT?” the ginger-haired woman all but screamed.

“I’m not going on a date!” Cynthia sneered.

“Then why are you wearing that blush?” Blair wiggled her eyebrows, her lips curling into a wide smile.

“Because I’m meeting someone! But not like a date!”

“Oh my God, you’re SO going on a date! Who is it?” she widened her eyes, jumping around in the room, as she wrapped her arms around Cynthia’s shoulders.

“It’s not a date, Jesus Christ!” Cynthia freed herself from Blair’s arms, and then pushed the ginger-haired woman towards the door. “Now, fuck off! Both of you!” the blonde announced out loud, before she all but slammed the door in their faces.

“I can’t believe it!” Blair kept beaming a little lower. “She’s so dating someone!”

“You’re the worst friend ever!” Cynthia yelled from the other side of the wall.

“She’s so adorable.” Lynn chuckled.

“You too, Evans! Fuck you!”

“Love you too, honey!” the brunette chuckled.

The brunette soon snatched her tote bag from her door handle, dropping her phone into it and then throwing it over her shoulder.

“Where are you going?” Blair asked, twirling a stray of hair around her index finger.

“Grocery shopping.” Lynn said, waving her keys excitedly in front of the ginger-haired woman. “I’m gonna make myself an awesome meal and curl up on the couch and watch some Netflix.”

“That sounds like the best idea ever!” Blair moaned. “Can I join?”

“I’m riding the bike.” Lynn said, as to which Blair snorted.

“Oh, of course you are. Well, I’m waiting here with a bottle of wine!” she smiled brightly.

“Sounds like an excellent plan!” Lynn chuckled.

♠ ♠ ♠

Several minutes afterwards she was settled on her bike, trailing down the street with her feet placed on the pedals. The brunette could feel the breeze roll through her newly washed hair and her wet locks she didn’t bother to dry before she headed out. One of her favourite things about Cali had been the fact that she could head out with soaked hair and never be afraid to catch a flue for doing so.

Lynn speeded down the pavement, the coastline and the glistering ocean by her side, as she tried her best to not knock down the people who were thrillingly heading towards the beach. The brunette picked up her speed when she had a clear view ahead of her, and within ten minutes she had reached the supermarket.

She had scribbled down a few things she would need in order to cook the excellent meal for her and Blair. Lynn picked out a couple of cold beers, thinking that it would be wise to make sure she had a back-up plan, before she grabbed some milk, eggs and fresh tomatoes. Within a couple of minutes Lynn had loaded her tote bag with lots of ingredients that she soon went to pay for. The brunette then stuffed the bag into the basket on her bike, and then returned to her earlier spot on top of the seat.

The ride back felt longer, as the heavy weight of her groceries made it more difficult to balance her weight on the bike. The sun was still smiling widely on top of the sky, which her skin seemed to enjoy, as it had been a while since she treated her skin with some good Cali sun. The brunette enjoyed the nice hot temperature, meanwhile she kept pacing on her bike back to her apartment.

Just as she was about to trail down the pavement, her phone started buzzing. Lynn yawned underneath her breath, obviously not in the mood for this, as she fished for her phone with her free hand, soon noticing that it was Blair calling.

“I’m soon home!” the brunette assured her.

“Well, I’m not,” Blair admitted, grimacing a little. “I’m so sorry! Zack called and told me he wanted to talk, so I kinda just left in a hurry.”

“Oh.” Lynn dropped, bitterness hiding in her tone, as she kept fighting her way up the pavement.

“I’m so sorry, sweetie! You know I would never ditch you if it wasn’t serious!”

“Is Zack a legitimate reason for you to ditch me?” Lynn cocked her eyebrows.

“Lynn…” Blair sighed. “I think we’re gonna have the serious talk!”

“What serious talk? You guys are basically together!” Lynn furrowed.

“Not officially!” Blair argued.

“Oh, I’m sorry, you haven’t updated your Facebook profile yet.” the brunette dropped sarcastically.

“Fuck you!” the ginger-haired woman announced. “I owe you, okay!”

“The fuck you do!” Lynn grunted. “But okay, I can have a hot Netflix date with myself!”

“Oh, I know you can.” Blair chuckled.

“You’re a bitch, Jones.” her roommie said.

“But you love me.” Blair chimed.

“Ha! Right...” Lynn rolled her eyes.

“I’m soon at Zack’s. Don’t wait for me!”

“Honey, I would never,” the brunette reassured her. “Have fun.”

“I will! Hopefully!” Blair sounded genuinely nervous, as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

“And do not tell me how much fun you had!” Lynn warned. “I’ll talk to you later.”

“See ya! Love you!” Blair half-sang, as she hung up, feeling her heart slam nervously against her chest.

Lynn shook her head as the line went dead. The brunette turned her head, just enough to make sure her Iphone made its way safely into the pocket of her shorts, before she intended on turning back again.

Just as the brunette turned around, her bike hit the front of a parked car, her body flying over the seat and hitting the cold pavement, her palms hitting the ground first.

Her body was slammed against the ground, the breath squeezed out of her, meanwhile her heart skipped a beat. Lynn cursed out loud, not caring if children picked up the foreign words she was yelling out loud on the street. She brought her fingers towards her temple, thin lines of blood running down the side of her face slowly, as a throbbing pain bugged her.

“Does this happen a lot to you?” a very familiar voice announced, meanwhile Lynn placed her bruised palms unto the ground and lifted her head until she noticed a cheeky grin curling a pair of thin lips.

Oh God.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lynn's outfit

Look! I've updated BOTH of my stories! I feel like a fucking champ! Sooo.... who's Cynthia going out with? How did things go with Blair and Zee? And last but not least, who did Lynn bump into? Comment your thoughts!