Status: In-Progress

Life Unexpected

Three.

I ran a hand through my hair as I watched the coffee brew. My head was pounding I had drank way to much last night with Lacey at Matt and Vals house after Brian left, I hated that I had been drug into their argument. Jay had been super sweet dealing with drunk me, bringing me home and making sure I had made it to my bed. He was honestly a really great guy, he wasn’t pushy with trying to sleep with me, he didn’t even share my bed last night, he was currently sleeping on my couch. I sighed wondering how it was going to be with Brian, I didn’t want things to be weird or awkward. The website was pretty much finished, all Brian had to do now was work on the videos for the site.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I herd Jay shuffle into the kitchen. “Morning, I didn’t wake you did I?” I asked, pouring him a cup of coffee.

“No.” He smiled as he took the cup. “Surprised you’re up this early.” I chuckled.

“I don’t even know why I got out of bed honestly.” I muttered taking a sip of the coffee. I let out a content sigh. Our conversation was cut short as I hard my front door open. “Brian has a key.” I told Jay as he gave me a concerning look. He nodded responding to me.

“Claire do you have coffee ma- oh.” Brian looked between Jay and I. “I didn’t realize you had company.” He shoved his hands in his front pockets as he looked at the floor.

Was Brian embarrassed?

“Jay brought me home last night. I couldn’t drive.” I explained, pouring another cup of coffee for Brian.

“What’s up? Is everything okay?” I asked, leaning against the counter.

“Just wanted to talk about the website, but I can come back later.” Brian set the cup of coffee down on the counter. Why did this feel so awkward.

“No its all good, I have to get going anyway.” Jay said, breaking the silence. He set his cup in the sink next to me. “Gotta get home to get ready for work.” Jay didn’t say anything to Brian as he headed for my front door.

“I’ll walk you out.” I smiled, setting my cup on the counter, following close behind him. “Sorry about that.” I chuckled. “Brian can seem very intimidating sometimes.”

“Yeah I just don’t think he likes me to much.” I shook my head. “Either way, I had a great time last night. Maybe we can do it again soon?”

“I’d like that.” I smiled, ignoring his comment about Brian.

“Bye Claire.” Jay smiled, placing a small kiss on my cheek

“Later.” I muttered, giving him a small wave. I could feel the blush creeping up on my face. I shut my door as Jay pulled away from my house. I jumped slightly as I saw Brian standing in the hallway. “You scared me.” I smiled, placing a hand on my chest.

“Sorry.” He laughed. I followed him back into the kitchen. “So how was your night?” He asked with raised eyebrows, taking a seat at the island.

“Don’t Brian!” I said, giving him a warning look at I toped my cup off. “It was nothing, I was drunk and he brought me home. He slept on the couch.” Brian nodded keeping his eyes on me. “So what are we working on today?” I could feel myself getting annoyed with Brian.

“I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page, make sure we’re ready to upload videos and the sheets of music are correct.” I nodded making a list.

“When are you and pops going to be doing videos?” I asked looking up at him.

“Soon, this week I think.” I couldn’t help but notice the intense eye contact Brian was giving me this morning. “So how much do you like Jay?”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not doing this with you Bri.” I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, looking for my laptop so I could start sending emails to the correct people. I smiled slightly as I noticed Jay had folded the blankets he used last night.

“What? It was just a question.” Brian followed me, shrugging his shoulders as he spoke. “Gotta look out for my favorite girl.” He gave a sheepish smile.

I stopped and looked at him. “But I’m not your girl.” Was Brian trying to start shit?

“I just mean like, you’re my best friend. I want to make sure you’re treated right.” He plopped down on my couch as I walked over to the other side of the couch.

“I can take care of myself Brian.” I sighed, booting up the computer.

“I know.” He muttered. I could feel his eyes on me as I was typing emails and sending them to the correct people, also looking over the files of sheet music Brian had. I tried my hardest to ignore Brian, not once had he ever cared who I dated or what I did. Shit we used to egg each other on at bars and stuff. I felt like Brian was sending me mixed signals. “Claire.”

“Hmm.” I said softly, keeping my eyes on my work.

“Look at me.” I finally glanced in his direction, only to find him inches from my face. “I’m sorry.” Was the last thing I herd before he placed his lips on mine.

My mind sored trying to register what was going on. It didn’t take my body long before it responded, molding into the kiss. Realization hit me fast once my back made contact with the couch, Brian was moving over me as his hands wondered up my sides. My eyes widened as I pushed him off me. “Shit.” I muttered.

Brian sat back quickly, took one glance at me and hightailed it out of my apartment. I took a deep breath and sighed. “What the fuck!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am back with the Drama.

I'm so so so sorry for taking so long to update this story.
I'm not going to lie I've been caught up in another story on this site called With You.

Thank you guys for patiently waiting.

XXPetaldreams