‹ Prequel: My Angel in Disguise
Status: Finished- Thank you all for everything!

Angels

One More Light

*****
(Teegan's POV)

The following morning Chester and I had to head over early to the record studio to meet up with the band as today was the release of their new album "One More Light". I had gotten to listen to it before anyone else and to be honest, the entire record spoke about my life and Chester's in a nutshell. It was too amazing to put in to words. Especially after losing Jimmy, that particular song struck a nerve in my heart. The song talked about losing someone and that there was always going to be someone who cares. I cried the entire time that I listened to it. "Are you excited baby? " I asked with a smile, giving his hand a light squeeze. He smiled back, leaning over to place a kiss on my cheek. "Yeah, this definitely was a different one. But I'm stoked, especially since you're here." I blushed a bright shade of red. Yes even after all these years he still had that effect on me every time. When we pulled up to the place, swarms of fans were gathered around the barricades anxiously awaiting the doors to open. Chester greeted them all with a wave, causing an uproar of screams. We headed inside seeing Mike, Dave, Rob, Joe and Brad already waiting in the lobby. "Morning all. Congrats on today." I said as I high fived them all cheerfully. "Someone is a little too excited this morning." Dave snickered, making me roll my eyes slightly. "We have about an hour still, management wants us to go take pictures with the fans who got the wristbands, you guys ready?" Mike announced after a long yawn, looking over at all of us. I raised up my camera with a nod. "Well lets get going then, can't keep them waiting too long."

Once outside, the band was immediately bombarded with fans begging for a picture or an autograph. And despite only supposed to greet contest winners, Chester made it his mission to meet with everyone that was waiting in line. We settled on taking group photos of about 15 fans each with the whole band, eventually taking longer than I had planned but still included every single person. Seeing kids faces as they shook his hand or even just talked with him for a couple seconds really hit me in the soft spot. I truly had an amazing husband who always made sure he gave his best to his fans even when he wasn't feeling up to it. "Chester, can we take a picture of you and your wife together?" A young girl had asked as we started on our way back inside. He looked at me with a wanting stare and a slight pout in his lips instantly making me give in to him. We hugged close together, me placing a kiss to his cheek as she snapped the picture with her camera excitedly. "Thank you! You two are an amazing couple!" I smiled at her kind words, Chester and I both giving her a quick hug before we raced back inside with the others. I had taken pictures and met with fans before who genuinely were happy to meet me but it still shocked me every time that some people actually cared about me. The bands manager Jim was already waiting with a team of security by the front door of the confrence room once we got in. "Well now that you all are finally done, maybe we can get this thing going." He said as he motioned for us to follow inside. The meeting was extremely brief and lasted maybe a whole five minutes before the guys each took a photo with their album and signing the bottom. I made sure to take a couple extra pictures of Chester so I had new ones to hang up on our wall.

Finally after a long agonizing twenty minutes, the doors had opened up outside and fans had rushed inside to get their copies of the record and listen to it before anyone else as it wasn't officially going to be released until noon today to the waiting public. "You are amazing, you know that?" Chester whispered into my ear as he wrapped an arm around my waist securely. I rested my head on his shoulder, grinning up at him."I can say the same about you babe. You really made everyone so happy this morning, you're such a sweetheart." He pressed a soft kiss to my lips. "That's because I have you. If it wasn't for you, I'm not sure I would have made it so long." I stared deeply into his eyes. They had a slight sad look to them but I tried my best to ignore it, giving him another kiss. The song "Heavy" had come on through the speakers, instantly making me shiver. "Teegan, I love you. If it works this time, I know you will be an amazing mother to my child. You're my best friend, my everything." He put his hand to my stomach as he talked. I couldn't help but to let a few tears fall, him quickly wiping them away with his thumb. "Babe you're being so loving today. Everything okay?" I teased raising an eyebrow at him curiously. He shook his head, laughing. "I just know you're my forever. Promise to always love me?" I buried my face into his chest, inhaling his scent. "I will always love you, Chester. You are my forever."

(Chester's POV)

I loved being surrounded by all my friends, fans, family and of course my wife as we celebrated the release of our newest album. Later on in the night we were going to be playing a small show to a few thousand fans at the back stage of the record building. I was excited, I was happy, but I was also sad. I was sad because deep inside my heart I knew these were going to be the last moments that I was going to be spending with them for good. I didn't want to leave it all behind, I wanted to stay where I was at, I wanted to be there with my wife when she became pregnant with our baby. Even though we've tried for so long, I knew that this time was going to be the one that succeeded. She is an amazing woman and she loves me with every fiber in her body, I know that for a fact. But sometimes love is not enough. Sometimes no matter how much you're loved or wanted or cared for, the depression always finds a way to win somehow. And as hard as you can try to stop it, its no use sometimes. And that's exactly how I felt when I woke up.

I don't have a reason why it was decided today, but my mind made that up for me.

As the day turned into night, I made sure to make everything as perfect as I could for Teegan. I took tons of pictures with her, held her, kissed her. I wanted her to know that this wasn't her fault. I wanted her to know that she had saved my life and had kept me going for so long. I wouldn't have been able to keep going if it wasn't for her always being there for me. I made sure she watched the show from beside me. I sang "Leave Out All The Rest" to her like I had done in the beginning of our relationship. She broke down into tears so I held her the entire time, kissing in front of everyone. They all cheered and whistled, making my smile grow big. It meant the world to me that they cared for her as much as I did. I made sure to meet with as many fans as I could again once everything had came to an end, telling each and every person that I loved them. I said goodbye to all my brothers, hugging Mike the longest. I drove Teegan and I home soon after, laughing and kissing the entire way there. We went upstairs to get ready for bed like we always did, we made love for a good while, I held her tightly in my arms and told her how much I loved her and then patiently waited until she fell asleep.

I snuck into the bathroom, finding my old bottle of pills. I stared long in the mirror before proceeding to dump out a good majority of them into my mouth. I fought to swallow them all down, almost choking. I hurried back into bed before they took affect so I could say one last goodbye to my wife. The dizzy, numbness feeling in my head began to slowly creep as I held her in my arms, pressing a soft, weak kiss to her lips. "I love you so very much Teegan. I never could have asked for a better angel than you. Thank you for trying to save me for so long. Goodnight my wife. Sleep tight baby, I'll always be with you."

My eyes slowly began to close as the vision of her in my arms began to fade out to black. I felt my heartbeat slowing and my breathing giving out.

I died a few seconds later.

(Teegan's POV)

I suddenly woke up in a sweat as I had the most horrible nightmare that you could ever imagine, my hands shaky and breathing uneasy. I looked quickly up at Chester, he looked like he was in a deep sleep. I tried to wake him, shaking him and yelling his name, until I finally felt his body. He was cold and completely unresponsive. I let out a bloodcurdling scream before proceeding to dial 911 as I begged for them to hurry and to save my husbands life. I cried and screamed, pleading for him to wake up and to not leave me. "Chester! Chester don't do this to me! Please wake up. Please! I love you Chester, you can't leave me!" As much as I begged and sobbed, nothing was working. I desperately crumpled into a ball on the floor, bawling my eyes out. He wasn't coming back. He left me.

He was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cant even explain how much my heart broke and how much I cried writting this...I dont even have a good note to leave..except I love you all and thank you for everything. The next updates will soley be about Teegan after Chester's death..
Love you all ♡