Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

What Rhymes With Sex?

(Zephyr's POV)

Later that night at Matt's house, I mostly kept to myself besides when Val had finally showed up with Michelle, immediately abandoning her once she saw me. "Did you hear the news? Can you actually believe it? Our boys are finally fucking making it to the big time!" I agreed with her, giving the best fake smile that I possibly could. I mean don't get me wrong, I was more than happy for them, but what was really tearing me apart inside was the fact that I had just lost my virginity a mere four hours ago and I wasn't exactly in the partying spirit. Again, it's not that I didn't want it and it was amazing, it was the fact that he was now going to be too busy focusing on his career to even have time to worry about me. Sure, this is what we all wanted for so long, it was their destiny, but now that I was seriously committed with Zack, it all changed. The thought of him being gone for so long, the thought that I would only be able to see him whenever he was off for a break or not going to be recording, really started to weigh in on me.

"Hey, Zeph! Hello, are you in there?" I snap out of it briefly once I notice Val waving her hand in front of my face. "Shit. Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind." She sighs before grabbing me by the arm and leading me out to the backyard away from everybody. "Spill it. What's the matter?" I draw in a shaky breath, unsure of even where to begin or if I should even tell her in case if she couldn't keep it a secret. Not that it really mattered, there was no one else she could possibly tell besides Matt anyways. "It's a three letter word that rhymes with sex." Was all I stated bluntly before looking back at her. She clearly was stumped, which made me only laugh harder. "Hex? Vex? Text? I don't fucking know! I don't do well with these kinds of things! Just tell me!" I shake my head, running a hand through my short hair. Well, here goes nothing I guess. "Sex, Val. Zack and I had sex." She suddenly covers her mouth with a sharp gasp, her eyes growing wide. "What?! When!? Why!?" I shushed her quickly, not wanting to draw any attention. "This afternoon, because I wanted to?"

She immediately swatted my arm hard, making me yelp in pain. "What? What do you want me to tell you? I couldn't control the situation, it just kind of happened! He gave me this whole lovey speech about seeing a future with me and getting married blah, blah, blah then BAM! It happened so damn fast. Only now, it feels weird. He's pissed at me and I totally get why. I should have told him it was my first time in the first place." She proceeds to swat at me repeatedly until eventually my entire arm is sore and more than likely bruised. "What the actual fuck, Zephyr! You should have told him right then and there! When Matt and I first did it, we planned it all out and everything, he wanted it to be extra special for me. Now I can see why Zee has been acting so odd since I've gotten here. Sex just complicates things and you two already have a seriously rocky relationship, not very good timing."

Well that definitely only made me feel a lot worse now, thanks Val. So glad to know that the only person I can talk to about this totally thinks I'm an idiot. I fight back the urge hard not to cry as we suddenly part ways until eventually I smack right into the person I was trying desperately to avoid. "Can we talk, please?" It's pitch black outside but even in the dark I can make out the outlines of Zack's face. I nod, following him over to Matt's porch swing. We sit on it and he lifts up his arm instinctively for me to cuddle beside him. I do, but only begin to cry quietly in the process which he of course notices right away. "Zephyr, don't cry, please. Talk to me, you're not giving me a chance to understand how you're feeling." I try my best to compose myself long enough to make actual sentences but once I look up into his eyes once again, it's no use. "Come on, tell me what's wrong. Did I hurt you? Are you regretting what happened between us earlier? Is it all because of that?"

I shake my head no repeatedly but Zack's not buying it. "You want to know what's wrong, Zee? You really want to fucking know? I'm scared. I'm scared that now that you're going to be starting to record a real album and start playing bigger shows and to top it all of, going on fucking tour for 3 months next summer, that you're going to forget all about me. You're going to be too busy meeting all kinds of other girls and having someone else give you the attention that you crave so much that you're going to forget you even have a girlfriend. We never should of had sex Zack, especially since it was my first time. I thought I was okay with it, I thought it wasn't going to change things. But it did, it changed me, it changed how I feel about you. Especially after all that crap you said about seeing a future with me, do you honestly believe all that? You're fucking 17 years old, Zee. You'll be 18 in less then a week. How the fuck can you possibly predict all this so soon? You haven't even had a real taste of fame yet, imagine when you do? Then I'll be just another face in the crowd to you."

(Zacky's POV)

It was funny, that even though she was practically yelling at me and so angry, she still let me hold her in my arms and even kiss her. I did it over and over until she eventually stopped talking all together. Sure, she had a very valid point. I was going to start my life finally, as a musician with all of my best friends at my side. But that also meant that she was going to be included in it. Matt had Val, Brian had Michelle, Jimmy was starting to date a bad ass girl named Leana, Johnny had Lacey again, and now I had Zephyr. Everyone else knew about the hardships that came dating someone who craved the spotlight, why couldn't she understand it? I knew it had to be because of what I said, I knew it had to be because of had happened. That's why she was so emotional and so deep in her feelings. She shared a beautiful gift with me and I was so happy that it happened, I wanted her to believe that. "Stop kissing me, you're making me fall in love with you all over again and I don't want to." I chuckled slightly under my breath before doing it again.

"That's what I was trying to do. I don't want you not to be in love with me, Zephyr because I love you and I love the fact that you shared the most fucking personal thing you possibly ever could with me. Sure, I wish you would have told me so I could have made it more special, so I could have prepared myself somehow or someway but all of that doesn't matter to me. What matters, is you. I don't give a fuck about all the other girls that I'll probably meet and I certainly don't give a fuck about the fame. I care about you only, Zephyr. You, no one else. It took so long for me to finally get the opportunity to be with you, do you actually think that I would give it all up and away now just for some stupid dream? No. Because you are my new dream. I can see that you're scared, I am too. You don't think I know what kind of things can happen in the next year if we really do make it to the big time? But that's what I guess is also kind of exciting, to where it takes us. The important thing is that I'll have you by my side and you'll have me. I meant what the fuck I said, I'd marry you in a heartbeat."

And wouldn't you know it as soon as I lean down to kiss her once more, the rain starts to pour almost out of nowhere from the fucking sky, drenching us both. We run from the back and into Matt's garage where everyone else is standing, looking at us as if we were crazy. "Where the hell have you two been this whole time?" Matt asks with a laugh before handing over two towels for us to dry off with. I glance over at Zephyr who just smiles while rolling her eyes some. "We were having a serious talk but we worked things out now. Right, Zeph?" She doesn't say anything but instead punches me pretty hard in the shoulder, making me flinch. "Exactly, see? Everything is fine now."

(Zephyr's POV)

While I put on the happy face that was definitely needed to clear all the tension away in the air, I still had that one lingering feeling that I couldn't shake off. Zack and I had sex, unprotected, and I wasn't on any sort of birth control. So what did that tell you? That this could only fucking end up in a complete nightmare for the both of us. That's all he needs right? That's all our families need, right? A knocked up teenage dropout for a mother and a teenage rock star for a father. I only prayed by the grace of the God's that some miracle happened and I didn't end up pregnant. Then I know for a fact that I'd really lose Zacky for good this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah yes, drama filled indeed! Thank you all for the feedback on the last update, I hope you all enjoy this one! I'm thinking of coming to an end in the next couple of Love you all! xx