Walk Through Hell

[01]

Jake's POV

I looked over across the school's lawn to the people who were viewed as my enemies. I don't even know why we hate eachother anymore.

Ben was over there. He doesn't even go here anymore. He's probably just dealing drugs again. Or he's here to see her.

Lexie Wilde. She's like the queen of the Punks. The king would be her boyfriend, Ben.

Looking at her, you couldn't tell, but she's actually a genious. I've known her since I was nine, when they bumped her up to our grade. Even though she was a year younger, she still always had the highest grade.

Three years after that, we were in seventh grade, I remember it perfectly. That's when everything changed. That was the year we really started hating each other. The groups, I mean.

Everyone thought she was with us. But she wasn't. She was broken apart inside. I can't blame her, after what happened.

Since then, she's just been falling apart. Breaking into tinier pieces every day. That Ben asshole probably wasn't helping.

They've been dating since her freshman year. They've taken a few breaks, but nothing ever lasted long.

Behind me, I could hear Missy bashing her. Her hair. Her clothes. Her family situation. Everything about her.

Someone called my name and I turned away, breaking me from my thoughts.

Lexie's POV

"Hey babe." he walked up and kissed you.

"Hey Ben. You got it?"

"Yeah. You can pay me back later. At my house. Say, 3:00?" I knew what he meant by 'pay him back.'

"Sure." I said.

"Good. I gotta make my rounds. I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah. Bye, babe." I kissed him goodbye and returned my attention to Austin and Chris.

"So, practice today at 6:00?" Austin asked.

"Oh, I can't I have to work tonight." I said.

"I can't either, man. I've got a date," Mike wiggled his eyebrows.

"With your hand maybe."

"BURN!" I yelled in his face.

"OH MY GOD!" someone yelled and knocked you over.

"What?" I asked my best friend, Haylie.

"I have great news!"

"What is it Haylie?"

"I scored us tickets to the Strokes concert!"

"HOLY CRAP! WHEN??!!"

"Next month. The 17th."

"Amaaaazing. I'm taking off of work to goooo!" I was sooo excited. I fucking love the Strokes.

The bell rang and everyone headed inside. First period I have AP Calc BC.

I went into the classroom and sat down on the far side of the room. We have assigned seating. The teacher is kind of strict.

Mr. Whiting. That's his name. Typical math teacher. He's balding, slightly overweight, short-tempered, just plain old short, and can't match ties with his shirts to save his life. I didn't even think it was possible to have shirts and ties not match, but this man found a way.

As the class loaded in, I saw fit to stare at the posters he had on the walls. Albert Einstein with his tongue sticking out. Geometric shapes. A "Listen and Silent are spelled with the same letters" poster. A couple other ones with cheesy sayings and stupid pictures.

Finally he brought the attention to the board as he began class.

Today we're going over the Maclaurin Series. In mathematics, the "Taylor" or "Maclaurin" series is a representation of a function as an infinite sum of terms calculated from the values of its derivatives at a single point. Yeehaw!

I'm only taking this class because I took AB last year, and I needed something to fill up my schedule. I would have taken an art class, but then I would have to do stuff. BC is the same thing as AB. I don't know why they let me take it.

"...so start working on page 517 of your book, 1-53 odd, show your work. Due tomorrow."

The kid in front of me took one look at his book, scanned his eyes over the formula on the board, half written in greek, then turned to me.

"You get this?"

I sighed, grabbed a sheet of paper, and wrote out the longer formula and the sin equation. I flipped the paper around so he could see it. "Understand now?"

"Kiiind of." he said slowly. "What are the dashes?"

"One and two."

"X?"

"Given in the problem."

"So it should look like... this?" he showed me the plugged in proper numbers and showed it to me.

"Switch the two and three. You got a and x mixed up. Remember that the graphs we're going to have to do tomorrow are 3D."

"Thanks."

The kid sitting in front of me? Jake Winters. I've known him for a while. Outside of this class, we hate eachother. Well, outside of this class, gym class which I got forced into, and AP french 4, which I couldn't, for the life of me, learn on any given day. I hate the french, and I'm only using that class to get into college and to possibly become a flight attendent if I can't find a job.

There's this pretty stupid clique thing going on at my school. I dont know if I mentioned it. I hate half the kids in my 'clique' anyways. It's kind of pointless, but I guess it's easier to haze them in a group then all by themselves.

Next year, it's not going to matter at all. That's the thing with all these high school standards. They're not going to follow us to college. Granted, some relationships will, but otherwise, this stuff isn't going to matter.

The teenage mind is a strange thing.

Anyways, I'm gonna have to take off. I got the french next. Why so early in the morning? I don't know.

~Afterschool~

The doorbell rang. I opened the door and was hammered with someone's lips. He pushed you inside the front door step and closed the door.

"You're dad home?"

"He's in Maui for some convention."

"Good."

And with that, Ben chased me up the stairs to my bedroom.

Jake's POV

I'm gonna getchya!
Satan getchya!
Aw, Hells Bells!
Hell's Bells
You've got me ringing hells bells

"JAKE! TURN IT DOWN!"

"SORRY DAD!"

I turned down my stereo. There was a noise. It sounded like... a woman's voice.

Mom wasn't home. She was at my aunt's house.

Dad wouldn't have another woman over.

I turned my music down a few more notches and listened.

I walked towards the window. Where is that coming from?

It was getting a little louder. I opened my window. It was less muffled. In fact, I could make it out.

"OH YEAH! OH! BEN!"

I slammed my window shut and started humming as I rushed over to turn my stereo up.

Yeah. I live next door to Lexie Wilde, and she lives up to her name. She is wild.

--

[Again, I'm not supposed to do this, but it's faster and I can't quite get mibba down. And I just copied this from quizilla to here. So... yeah.]

Name: Lexie Wilde
Age: 16 [skipped a grade]
Grade: 12
Eyes: Purple. [contacts]
Hair: Currently bright orange.
Possy: Punks.
Hobbies: Music. She works at a club [Club Spaid]. She's in a band [Trip Sense]
Portrayed by: This is Zena Grey, but she doesn't always have red/orange hair. Use whoever.

Name: Ben Turner
Age: 19
Grade: Freshman in College
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Green
Possy: Punks
Hobbies: Music. The scene. Lexie's Boyfriend.
Portrayed by: Emile Hirsch

Name: Austin Harris
Age: 18
Grade: 12
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Re
Possy: Punks
Hobbies: Bassist in Lexie's band.
Portrayed by: Jake Gylenhaal

Name: Michael Parker
Age: 19
Grade: N/A
Eyes: Green
Hair: Light Brown
Possy: Punks
Hobbies: Guitarist in Lexie's band.
Portrayed by: Eric Christian Olsen

Name: Christian Fitz
Age: 18
Grade: 12
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Bleach Blonde
Possy: Punks
Hobbies: Drummer in her band.
Portrayed by: Chris Dangerous [The Hives]

Name: Haylie Biggs
Age: 17
Grade: 12
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Short brown.
Possy: Punks.
Hobbies: Music. Mall. Fashion. Lexie's Best Friend.
Portrayed by: Natalie Portman

Name: Nate Carr
Age: 18
Grade: Freshman in college
Eyes: Black
Hair: Blue
Possy: Punks
Hobbies: Cars
Portrayed by: Matthew Lillard

Name: Alex Beltran
Age: 16
Grade: 11
Eyes: Brown [occasionally, green. Like Bob from SLC Punk]
Hair: Brown
Possy: Punks
Hobbies: Skateboarding.
Portrayed by: Michael Cera

Name: Eric Briggs
Age: 18
Grade: 12
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Possy: Punks
Hobbies: Skateboarding and paintballing
Portrayed by: Matt Dallas

Name: Samantha (Sam, Sammi) Green
Age: 18
Grade: n/a
Eyes: Green
Hair: Bright Red
Possy: None, but she chills with Lex.
Hobbies: Music: almost every instrument, drinking, watching old movies.
Portrayed by: Shirley Manson [Garbage]

[[The other group]]

Name: Jake Winters
Age: 17
Grade: 12
Eyes: Dark Blue
Hair: Short brown
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Likes music. Paintballing.
Portrayed by: James Franco

Name: Ricky Sanders
Age: 17
Grade: 12
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown, Curly
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Sleeping with chicks.
Portrayed by: Shia LaBeouf

Name: Ray Harper
Age: 18
Grade: 12
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Hanging out at the mall. Paintballing.
Portrayed by: Daniel Radcliffe

Name: Missy Bale
Age: 17
Grade: 11
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Slutting. Malling.
Portrayed by: Hilary Duff

Name: Janie Pressly
Age: 17
Grade: 12
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Following Missy around
Portrayed by: Jaime Presley

Name: Matt Ferris
Age: 18
Grade: 12
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blonde
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Racing. Partying.
Portrayed by:Daniel Clark.

Name: Hayden Bailey [twin 1]
Age: 16
Grade: 11
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark Brown
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Chillin with his friends.
Portrayed by: Justin Long

Name: Preston Bailey [twin 2.]
Age: 16
Grade: 11
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark Brown
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Movies
Portrayed by: Justing Long

Name: Lily Freed
Age: 16
Grade: 11
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark Brown with highlights
Possy: Preps
Hobbies: Reading and church.
Portrayed by: Regina Spektor