Bury All Your Secrets in My Skin

Chapter 12

The months that passed after I left Corey were hard. Everytime I tried staying in bed, Sid, Jim, Mick or Rich drug me out. Physically, that is. I kept working with Rich, and was getting pretty good at MMA fighting. It really did help alot. I let go of all my pain and hurt from both Corey and Reva.

I wanted to get my own place, and no one was comfortable with that after what happened at my old house. I decided to move back in with Jim since he damn near begged me too.

Slowly, over the course of the next six months, things were starting to get better for me. I have seen Corey, and we talk a little. Not much, but it's friendly conversation at least.

Then something happened that made my life different. Something I never would of expected. I got offered a job working with Dave Grohl, as an assistant band manager. I accepted it, and moved to California.

For almost two years, I worked with Dave. He is a wonderful, talented, and beyond caring human being. After living on a tour bus with him and the rest of his crew for two years, I decided I needed time to go home. I feel like I'm homeless almost, with never having a place to call my own. I still talk with Jim and Mick, but that's it.

Dave promised me a job if I decide to return. Right now, I need to be back in Iowa. It's home. I miss home, and I miss Jim and Mick. I didn't tell them I was coming back, so you can imagine the surprise when I showed up on a Saturday night at Jim's house and all of the guys were there. I walked up to the door and rang the bell. Jim looked like he may fall over as he stares at me.

"Holy fucking shit! Blue!" Jim almost screamed. My feet are dangling off the ground as he hugged me.

"Man, get off my girl!" I heard Mick yelled, prying me away from Jim. Mick bear hugged me and laughed.

"How long ya here for?" Mick asked as he set me down.

"I quit. I'm here for good." I smiled at them.

"What!?" They both yelled.

I didn't have time to answer because Sid literally knocked me over to the ground, hugging me. I'm laughing so fucking hard, as he is laying on top of me.

"Oh my God, I've missed you!" Sid laughed.

"Man! Get up, Sid!" I heard Joey yell.

Sid helped me to my feet and kissed my cheek as I went to hug Joey. I finished giving Shawn, and Chris hugs, then I saw Corey standing in the doorway, looking at me sadly. Everyone quietly moved into the other room to leave us alone.

I haven't seen or talked to Corey in two years. He looks good. The same really. The only thing that isn't the same is the sadness that lurks over him. It's apparent, even if he tries to hide it.

"Hey, Skye." Corey said in that quiet voice that has always made my heart skip a beat.

"Hey." I said. He grinned and walked closer to me.

"Home for good, huh?" He smiled sadly.

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'll stay away." I said, looking away.

"Why would you do that? You weren't the one who did anything wrong. It was me. I can stay away if you want." Corey said.

"It's fine. We have to learn to be civil to each other." I told him.

He held his arms out to me a little and I very slowly hugged him. Goddammit. I have been away from him for two years, and the second he touches me, I don't want to let go.

"You have no idea how much I miss you. Every day I think about you, and how much I hurt you. I fucked up everything. I'm so sorry, Skye." He whispered. I nodded and pulled away.

"I'm sure you have someone. I shouldn't say all of that." Corey said quietly.

"No. I haven't had time. It was good to see you." I said, going to walk away. He grabbed my arm and turned me to him.

"I will do anything to be with you again, Skye. Do you understand that? I never stopped loving you. I haven't been with anyone. I can't, and I don't want to." He told me. I looked at a diamond solitare ring that he wore on a gold chain on his neck.

"Looks like that was meant for someone. Are you sure that's true?" I asked. He smiled and took off the necklace, handing me the ring.

"Try it on." He told me.

"What?" I asked. Has he lost his mind? Why would I try on his ex fiancee's ring?

"I just want to show you something is all. Please?" He asked. I slipped it on and it fit perfectly.

"It was for you." He told me quietly. My heart dropped.

"Oh." I whispered. It is a beautiful ring. Seeing it on my hand makes all of my feelings come rushing back to me.

"I've been wearing it. I guess it's in the hope of seeing you again. I dunno. I can't not wear it, and I can't get rid of it." He told me. I nodded, and as much as I didn't want to, I slid it off my finger. I handed it to him, watching him close his palm over it.

"Anyway, sorry. I didn't mean to upset you when you just got back." Corey grinned. Sid peaked around the corner and rolled his eyes at us.

"For the love of fuck! Can you two stop this dumb ass shit, and realize you need to be together? Goddamn! Both of you made mistakes, both of you haven't seen anyone else since ya broke up. Why the fuck is this hard to figure out?" Sid asked loudly. Both Corey and I grinned at Sid.

"It's complicated, Sid." I told him.

"No it's not. You two love each other or what?" Sid asked us.

"Man, you know I do." Corey said. They both looked at me.

"Yeah, I love him." I told Sid. They both smiled like two kids at me.

"Then fucking kiss and make up! Now!" Sid demanded. We looked at Sid, then at each other.

"Maybe a little privacy?" I asked Sid.

"Start kissing, then I'll leave." Sid told me. Corey and I looked at each other.

"You still love me after all of this?" Corey asked.

"Yeah. I can't turn it off. I tried, and I can't. Happy now?" I asked him.

"You have no idea how happy I am. Skye, I love you. I need you. I want you to marry-" Sid cut Corey off.

"Work on being a couple first man." Sid told Corey. I giggled.

"Right. Good idea man." Corey smiled at Sid.

"I know I don't deserve another chance, but I'm asking any way. If I fuck up this time, then you never have to see me or look at me again. Please, baby?" Corey begged.

"I'll stab you if you ever fucking do something like that again. Understand?" I asked.

"She is dead ass serious too man. So am I." Sid glared at Corey. Corey smiled and nodded.

"You have a lot to work on to make me trust you again. That means it won't be fixed over night, and we both have a lot of work to do. If you can promise that you can do all of that, then yes." I told him.

Corey picked me up and started kissing me. I didn't care if anyone was there. I have missed every single thing about this man. Every time I wanted to hate him, I couldn't.

"I love you." I said against his lips.

"Baby, I love you." He said against mine.

"You two get your shit together finally?" Jim laughed. Corey and I pulled away and saw all of them standing there.

"Yeah, I think we finally have." I smiled at Corey.

And we did. Two years of hard work, we finally got married. For the first time in many years, my life is good again.