Inhale

12

I woke up startled later that night. I had fallen asleep on the couch and the TV was turned off. That's strange. I didn't set the timer for it or anything. Maybe I did it in my sleep? I sat up, feeling uneasy. The feeling of dread was washing over me, making me feel sick, but also scared at the same time.

I sat up and looked for my phone. I had it on the coffee table. What the fuck? Where is it? I stood up and walked around the living room, not finding it. I went to the dining room and froze. A chair had been pulled out from the table. My phone was on the seat of the chair. I know for a fact I didn't leave it there. I grabbed it, looking all around me in a panic.

I have to get out of the house. Something is very wrong. Someone has been inside here while I was sleeping. I started to the living room and something caught my eye. I looked over, horrified at what I was seeing.

Orco was dead. He laid lifeless on top of the cage. His body was twisted in two different directions. I started crying.

"Orco!" I sobbed. I went to move and that's when I saw Anthony standing in front of my door, blocking my path. I screamed as he smiled at me.

"Didn't like my present earlier?" He sneered.

Seeing him in the light let's me get a really good look at what a piece of shit he is. His trashy long, blonde hair that looks as though he hasn't washed it in months. His dirty, stained, white t-shirt that had large holes in the arm pits. His jeans had holes in the knees and appeared unclean as well. He is about twenty pounds overweight and has almost yellow looking teeth.

What got me most was how dark and creepy his eyes were. They looked almost black, and like they had no feeling behind them. Empty, is the only way to describe it. His crooked teeth made me want to vomit.

"You....they...they took you away." I whispered and started to back up. He moved forward.

"They didn't read me my rights. They had to let me go." He smiled.

I can't believe this is happening. I am so scared that I may honestly throw up at any moment. I backed up and started backing down the hall.

"Get out!" I screamed at him. He laughed so hard.

"Bitch, I have been waiting months for this moment." He sneered.

I swiped my thumb over my phone. I know the last person that called me was Sid. I started swiping my thumb more, hoping I would hit the option to call him. If I take my eyes off of Anthony, he will catch me off guard.

"By the time anyone gets here, I'm gonna have fucked you, then killed you." Anthony smiled at me.

I backed up and saw the door to my room. I darted inside and slammed the door locking it. I heard him laugh like a maniac on the other side. I ran to the window and tried to open it. It won't move. I can hear him pounding on the door and it's moving with each hit. It's not going to hold.

I saw nails at the top of the window. Fuck! Sid and Corey did that to all of them. The blood drained from my face at the reality of this situation. I looked at my phone and saw I had somehow dialed Corey. It was then that I can hear Corey screaming my name on the other end of the phone.

"Corey! Help!" I whispered.

"Evie!" Was all I heard.

I threw my phone down, and grabbed my lamp just as Anthony kicked my bedroom door open. I watched the wood split on the door as he kicked and punched his way through. I screamed and threw the lamp I was holding at him. He ducked and it missed him, smashing into the wall behind him. He smiled as he charged towards me.

I started swinging my fists at him and he punched me so fucking hard on the side of my face. It felt like my eye exploded, and my cheek was on fire. I'm so stunned and hurt that I dropped to the floor, sobbing. I saw stars when he hit me, and everything seems to be moving very slowly. I felt him grab my hair on the top of my head, then he threw me on the bed. I'm crying and trying to hit him. He laughed and grabbed my wrists, holding them above my head. He pinned them above me and against the mattress.

"See? You wanted me in your bed. Not like that piece of shit guy that keeps coming around." He laughed. He tore my button up shirt I had on open, making the buttons fly across the room. I heard them make a pinging sound as they hit the wall.

"God, I love lace." He smiled, running his hands over my breasts. He groped me hard and I tried getting out of his death grip. I can hear myself sobbing and yelling at him to stop.

"I don't like the color purple though." He said, looking at my bra. He trailed his disgusting fingers over the top of the fabric. I want to puke each time he touches me.

He sighed and sat up, letting go of my hands. I went to sit up and he slapped the fuck out of me. Blood filled my mouth and I spit it out, turning my head to the side. I am panting, and I am positive I will die. This is it for me. I think he's right that it will be too late by the time anyone gets to me.

Anthony grabbed my jaw with his vice like fingers, turning my head side to side as he looked at me, like he was inspecting his hits to my face. He laughed and smiled at me. His smile reminds me of the Joker, demonic and menacing.

"Now I'm ready to have some fun." He laughed. Oh God. No. He can beat me to death if he wants, but 'm not laying here letting him rape me without a fucking fight.

With one last bit of adrenaline, I balled up my fist and swung as hard as I could, punching him right in the nose. I heard a sickening crack as I hit him. Blood sprayed everywhere, making him roll off of me, as he grabbed his face and yelled.

I rolled away and off of the bed. I grabbed the knife out of my pocket as I stumbled to the door of my room. I am swaying and tripping as I moved as fast as I could.

"You fucking bitch!" Anthony screamed.

I heard him behind me. I went to turn the corner of my bedroom, almost making it when I felt his hand grab my hair again. Anthony yanked me around by my hair to face him. Blood is still pouring from his nose, and he looks even more insane than before. He reached up and dug his fingers into my jaw so hard that I felt tears stinging my eyes from the pain.

"I'm just gonna fucking kill you!" He yelled.

I'm panting, hurt, pain is rushing through my body, and my jaw feels like it may break from his grip he has on it. I laughed at him. He looked startled and shocked that I wasn't begging for my life. I kept a death grip on the knife in my hand.

"What's so funny bitch? I'm gonna kill you." He smiled.

"No. Fuck you." I said quietly.

Rage filled his eyes and even though he had my jaw, I smiled. I brought my hand up to his stomach, pressing the knife hard against his shirt and flesh.

"You die. Not me." I said and hit the button on the knife.

I heard the blade go up and saw his eyes go as big as dinner plates, as the blade pushed into his stomach. I felt warm liquid pour over my hand. He gasped and let go of my jaw, stumbling back.

I watched as he looked at the bright red blood oozing out of his skin and soaking his white shirt. He backed up and into the wall next to my bed. I couldn't believe the blood that was pouring out of him and how fast it was flowing. Anthony is panting as he held his hand to his stomach. He slowly sank to the floor next to my bed.

I heard my front door being kicked in and voices. I held my hands up and saw nothing but blood and the knife. I dropped the knife and fell to my knees.

"Freeze!" I heard a deep male voice yell. I held my hands up as I curled into a ball, sobbing. I heard lots of voices, many feet walking in my room. Walkie talkies are going off around me.

"Are you Evie Sanders?" I heard a gentle male voice ask right next to me. I wouldn't look up, but I nodded through my tears.

"Ok. Hey, my name is Lou. I'm a detective. Can you let me help you?" He asked.

"Is he dead?" I sobbed.

"I'm not sure. Let's worry about you right now. We can deal with all of that later." He said.

"Evie? Is it ok if I help you stand up?" He asked quietly. I nodded.

"Thank you. I'm gonna put my hand on your arm to help you sit up. Just one hand. Is that ok?" Lou asked.

I nodded, feeling his one hand help me to sit up. I slowly sat up and saw lots of men in uniform in my room. Lou moved so I couldn't see Anthony.

"Can you take both of my hands so I can help you stand up?" He asked me.

I finally looked at Lou. He looks a lot like my dad. Same eye color and hair. He also has the kind of eyes that said he wouldn't hurt me. I nodded at him and he held his hands out to me. I hesitantly took them as he helped me to my feet. I saw all of the other officers looking at me sadly as I walked slowly down my hallway.

Any of the officers in my house that were talking to each other, stopped when they saw me. All of them had the same look of sadness as I walked.

"Evie? How about we put this jacket over you? Is that ok?" He asked as a jacket appeared out of nowhere. It was a black jacket that said Des Moines PD on the back, and some patches on the sleeves.

"I don't want to get it dirty." I whispered. Lou smiled at me.

"This jacket is ok to get dirty. We have hundreds more. It's ok." He grinned. I remembered then that my shirt was torn. I nodded as he helped me slip it on.

"There are two guys outside that really want to see you. I told them they can when you come out, but they have to move slow. If they don't, we may tell them to slow down. I just want you to know that. Is this ok?" Lou asked me.

I nodded as he opened the door. I swear there must be ten squad cars, a firetruck, a few ambulances, and everyone on the block is outside on their sidewalks.

I saw Sid and Corey, and felt tears in my eyes. They both followed Lou's directions and walked slowly, even though they didn't want to. Sid got to me first, which didn't surprise me. He very slowly reached his hand out, placing it gently on my shoulder.

"Oh my God. Evie." Sid whispered. Tears are falling down his and Corey's faces at a fast pace. "Evie?" Sid asked.

I feel like I can't speak. It's like I forgot how to talk, or move. My legs feel like lead, and I'm horribly dizzy. I feel like I'm on a ride at Adventure Land and being spun upside down. My legs feel like they are giving out. I can't keep standing, even though I want to.

"Evie?" I heard Corey's voice echo around me.

"I need a medic!" I heard Lou shout in the distance.

I saw red and blue lights as my eyes closed. It was quiet. No talking, no noises. It was so peaceful. I sank into the quiet darkness and felt at ease. I slept so peacefully.

"Evie?" I heard a whisper. "Come on girl. I'm sorry I didn't come over. I should of. I'm so fucking sorry." I heard Sid whisper. I groaned, feeling like my jaw and the side of my face may explode. They throbbed like hell.

"Baby?" I heard Corey say quietly.

My eyes slowly opened. The room is dim, a light is on in the distance. I saw both Sid and Corey looking down at me. They looked so worn out and neither of them have shaved. Their clothes are wrinkled and have smeared blood on them.

"You two look like dog shit." I whispered. I saw tears and smiles from both of them.

"Look who's coming around." Corey laughed. Sid laughed and nodded.

"Let me up." I said, swatting them away.

"Fuck! No. Nope. Keep your ass down, tootsie." I heard my mom say from behind Corey.

"Oh fuck." I groaned. Sid and Corey smiled and moved away. My parents came into view. They looked a hundred times worse than Sid and Corey.

"Jesus." My dad whispered as he looked at me. My mom glared and elbowed him.

"What? She got beat to hell." My dad pointed out.

"No shit, Frank." My mom told him.

"Sorry. How are ya tootsie?" My dad asked.

"Fine until you two started call me that." I said.

"She's just fine." My dad laughed happily. I looked at all of them.

"Is he dead?" I asked.

"We don't know yet." My mom said. I glared at her.

"Mel, she can smell bullshit from fifty miles away. Don't bullshit her." My dad said.

"It is true." Corey told my dad.

"See? That means she's called his ass on his bullshit. Right, kid?" My dad grinned at Corey.

"Oh God, yeah. Not a goddamn thing gets past her." Corey smiled. My dad laughed and nodded.

"What the fuck!? Is he dead or what?" I snapped. They all looked back down at me. My parents looked at each other, then Sid and Corey.

"I'll tell her." Sid said quietly. My dad nodded. Sid sat on the bed. "Evie, that guy is dead from the stab wound." Sid told me quietly.

"Good." I said, sitting up. They all looked a little startled by my comment. I threw the covers off and my dad groaned.

"Goddammit. Evie, sit down. No. Do not take that IV out." My dad said as I started untapping the IV. I glared at him.

"Holy shit, Evie. I'm gonna have a stroke. You realize this?" My dad asked. "A fucking stroke, Evie!"

"Can I try?" I heard Mick ask from the back of the room. I glared at Corey.

"He's been waiting patiently." Corey grinned. I flipped him off. Corey just chuckled and shook his head.

"Holy shit, son! What in the free hell did your folks feed you as a child?" My dad asked Mick. Even I laughed at that one.

"Cheerios." Mick grinned as he walked over to me.

Mick gave me a look and looked at my IV. He sat on the bed and started putting the tape back on it. I didn't fight him. He knows I won't. I owe Mick a lot. Well, all of the guys really. But I owe Mick more. I feel like he's save my life twice now, between the night at the club and giving me the knife.

"Think we can not give your old man a stroke?" Mick grinned as he finished putting the tape back on. He looked at me and smiled more. "I think he's serious about a stroke if you leave."

"I just want to go home is all." I told him.

"Evie, your place is kinda fucked up is my understanding. We need time to fix it all. A few days is really all we need. Can you give me a few days to fix it?" Mick asked.

"I can fix it. You guys have done way more than enough for me." I told him. Mick sighed and grinned at me.

"I'm aware, but my wife will kick my ass if I don't. Dead serious. You want Staci kicking my ass?" Mick grinned.

"He's right. I really will." I heard Staci say from the back of the room. She smiled at me. Everyone turned to look at her.

"Aren't you the cutest thing!" My mom smiled. Staci laughed, smiling at my mom.

"He doesn't have a choice. Not that he didn't want to anyways. Let us do this, Evie." Staci said.

"God! That was a dick move, Mick!" I exclaimed. He laughed and nodded.

"I told her I'd need back up today." Mick smiled. "Ok?" He asked. I sighed and finally nodded.

"Thanks you guys." I said quietly.

"She is polite, Mick." Staci grinned at me. I giggled.

"Uh huh." Mick laughed.

"Jesus, son. Where the fuck were you when she was a teenager?" My dad laughed. They all laughed.

I sat quietly, looking out the window as they all talked around me. I have no idea what they are saying. All I can see in my head is the blood from when I stabbed him, and Anthony's creepy face.

God, I swear I can still feel his hands groping me. I feel so fucking gross that he touched me. I can only imagine how those other women must feel. Those poor women. How have any of them moved on or made a normal life. How will I? I killed someone. I'm technically a murderer. Oh God, what have I done? Am I really a murderer if it was to save my own life?

"Evie?" I heard gently, feeling someone gently place their hand on my arm. I shrieked and jumped. I looked up and saw all of them staring at me concerned. Corey slowly pulled his hand back.

"It's ok, babe. It's just me. I'm sorry I scared you." He said quietly.

It's like it's only me and Corey in the room with the way he's talking to me. He doesn't care that my parents are there, he just cares that I'm ok.

"Are you ok?" Corey asked. I nodded. "Is it ok if I sit next to you?" He asked gently.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." I whispered. Corey grinned and shook his head.

"No, it's fine. I promise it's fine." He said, as he sat down slowly.

He held his hand out to me and I quickly took it. Relief washed over his face as he held on to it. I heard the door to my hospital room open and that's when I heard the voice.

"Why the fuck haven't you called me Evie?" My cousin asked. I groaned, seeing his tall lanky figure standing before all of us. "What the fuck, Sid? Why is she hurt?"

"Colson, calm down, please?" My mom asked Colson. Corey, Mick, and his wife are staring at me confused.

"Man, you need to back off right now. I'll explain all of it. I promise. Just not now. Please." Sid said calmly. Colson ran a hand over his face and looked at Mick and his wife, then Corey.

"Evie? Why the fuck is Corey holding your hand?" Colson asked staring at me and Corey. They all looked at me and I groaned. Corey looked at me awkwardly, almost ready to let go of my hand.

"Fucking hell, Colson! You sound like my over protective boyfriend instead of my goddamn cousin." I growled. Corey laughed and relaxed. I already knew what he was thinking.

"This is some shit." Corey laughed.

"You kids all know each other. Good. Colson, stop being a dick." My dad smiled at Colson.

Who is Colson you may be wondering? Colson Baker, aka Machine Gun Kelly. Yes, that is my cousin. I don't tell people were related, just like I don't tell people who I'm seeing or that Sid is my best friend. It's my business. No one else's.

Colson crossed over to me, and Sid stopped him. "Go slow man. Please?" He asked Colson quietly. Colson nodded and sat on the other side of me.

"You're supposed to be on tour. Why are you here?" I asked. He laughed.

"Yeah, nice try. You really think I would stay away after your mom called me?" He grinned. I grinned a little and shook my head. "I told you that you should just go on tour with me and I can keep an eye on you."

"Not happening." I laughed. Colson looked over at Corey.

"What's up man? Why are you holding her hand?" Colson asked. Corey just chuckled.

"You never told me he was your cousin." Corey grinned at me. I shrugged and grinned a little. "Uh, well, Evie and I have been dating for about six months now." Colson looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"For real, Evie?" Colson asked. I nodded. Colson shook his head and laughed. "She won't tell anyone we're related, won't tell anyone her and Sid are friends either. Doesn't surprise me that I didn't know."

"Because she's an asshole about things. This giant over here," My dad said pointing at Mick who's laughing.

"He just asked her to stay and she was like, 'Sounds great!' and got her to stay instead of leaving." My dad told Colson.

"No shit? Nice job Mick." Colson grinned.

"Hey, Staci had a hand in it too." Mick smiled. Colson looked back at me worried.

"You really ok?" He asked. I shrugged and looked away.

"You're not. I can see it." He said quietly. My tears are starting and I don't want to cry in front of everyone.

"Hey, look at me." Colson said quietly. I looked up just as the tears fell.

"We're gonna get through it. Just like anything else." He told me. I can only nod.

"I'll be here for however long you need me to be." He told me. I shook my head.

"You shouldn't be here now. You have fans that are waiting to see you. They paid alot of money to see you." I told him.

"I know that. I really do. But, sometimes, that has to wait too. It's not that I don't love what I do, but family comes first. It always has. I had my manager release a statement to the press saying a family emergency came up, and I would be back as soon as I could. And I will. Once I know you're ok." Colson told me. I felt Corey squeeze my hand gently. I looked at him and he grinned a little.

"In the meantime, your mom said your place looks like hell. I'm heading over now to start on it." Colson said.

"The other guys are already over there. I'll head over with ya." Mick told Colson. Colson grinned.

"Cool. I haven't seen you crazy bastards in a while." Colson laughed. Colson turned back to me. He held his arms out to me for a hug.

"You don't have to. Only if you want to." He said quietly. I looked at Corey and he hesitated, but let go of my hand. I reached for Colson and gave him a quick hug. I feel weird being touched for some reason. I don't know why.

"I'll be back later." Colson said. We waved at him, Staci and Mick as they left.

"You guys all need to get showers and need to eat, even some sleep." I told all of them. They are all shaking their heads.

"Mom, dad, please? You guys need some sleep." I told them.

"Sid and I will stay. I promise, one of us will be here the whole time." Corey told them. After a few minutes, my parents finally left. I leaned back and sighed.

"Ok. You two need showers and new clothes." I told them. They looked at each other.

"Flip a coin, I don't care, but one of you needs to go first." I said. They seriously flipped a fucking coin. In the end Sid was leaving and bringing clothes back for both Corey and I. Corey is refusing to leave.

After Sid left, it was just the two of us. Corey looked at me and carefully picked up my hand, holding it against his lips. I let him, but I'm not sure why since I was freaked out when he touched my arm earlier.

"Evie, babe, I was so fucking scared. I heard you screaming, and I just fucking knew. I conferenced the call with 911. They should have all of it or most of it. When we got there, the cops were listening to the call, and trying to figure out the best way to go in so it didn't become a hostage situation. Lou just kicked the door in and went inside." He rambled. I nodded.

"I should of just come over. I'm so sorry I didn't." He said.

"It's not your fault." I said. I picked at the lint on the blanket. "Orco is dead." I said almost emotionlessly. He looked at me horrified.

"What? No!" He whispered. I nodded.

"Anthony killed him." I said, not looking at him.

"Babe. Fuck! I'm so sorry. God, I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"He was on top of his cage. Looked like he twisted him or something." I said, looking down.

"He had been in the house while I was asleep on the couch. My TV was shut off when I woke up. My phone was moved to a chair in the dining room. I just wanted to leave. He blocked the door." I told him. I looked up just as his tears fell.

"I....I couldn't get out of the window." I whispered. My voice is cracking.

"Oh god." Corey looks like he may pass out.

"I broke his nose before I stabbed him." I said. Corey is panting as he looked at me.

"He's dead now because of me." I barely got the last part out before I broke into a sobbing mess.

"Baby? Come here ok?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Evie, I'm not going to do anything but hug you, ok?" He whispered.

I looked up at him, and he's not much better than me right now. He held his arms out and I very slowly moved towards him. He waited until my arms were around his neck before he closed his arms around me. I heard him sigh in relief and felt him relax.

"Evie, I love you. I do. I'm so glad you're ok." He whispered. I laid against his chest and nodded.

"Can I lay down with you?" He asked.

I paused, then nodded. He laid down, and I laid next to him. I moved closer to him and wrapped myself around him.

"I don't ever want to be away from you again. I'm so sorry. Get some sleep. I'll be here when you get up." He whispered as I drifted off to sleep.