Status: also posted on Wattpad, Fanfic.net, Quotev and AO3.

Super Nova

Prologue

Homestead's Avalon glided through the depth of space. It had been flying for thirty years without any trouble. Not that anyone was awake to realize this because everyone on board was in a hibernation. No one needed to be since the ship could repair itself with diagnostics and the little robots on the ship that worked hard to make sure everything was okay for when the 5000 passengers would wake up in 90 years.

Homestead prepared for anything. The ship computers were very advanced. They could even make new flight plans in case of asteroid fields. There was also a shield protecting the ship in case of space debris and the computers could also analyze how big the debris was to power up the ship. Inside the ship were many, many rooms for the hibernating people inside and shops and various restaurants in case people didn't want the cafeteria food. Homestead thought of everything. Especially when it came to the hibernation pods. The people inside were safe and could never wake up, at least until four months before the ship would land on Homestead 2. Nothing could ever wake The Avalon was flawless and indestructible.

But they also said that about the Titanic.

All it took was an ice berg.

And all it took for the Avalon to crash was an asteroid.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm aware that The White StarLine or whatever never said the Titanic was unsinkable, please don't comment on it. Thanks.