Status: cliche as ***

Woes Over Wine

Prologue

Lauren and Rhett had been best friends for several years now. They grew up together, went to high school together, and graduated together. They were supposed to go to college together come fall, but that summer everything had changed between them. Lauren never realized her feelings for Rhett until it was a day too late.

Lauren had showed up to Rhett's house to surprise him with how she felt, but turns out it was too late. Someone had beaten her to it. Someone that she never thought twice about.

Amelia had shown up to the door with messy hair, and just his shirt which barely covered the lacy underwear she was wearing. Lauren was stunned beyond words that her "friend" could do this to her.

"You knew how I felt all along. How could you?" Lauren had whispered before she dropped the wine she was holding onto the ground. Hearing the smash, Rhett had came downstairs and froze when he saw the scene unfold in front of him.

"Lauren, what are you doing here?" He asked with slight hesitation to his voice. He had a feeling what she came here for and had regrets about what had happened.

"It doesn't even matter anymore. I have nothing to say to either of you. I just hope this was worth losing a friendship over." Lauren said before she turned back to her Subaru that was parked out front. He had tried to get her attention once more, but she ignored him. With that, she got into her car and sped off.

"We should have done a better job at hiding this." Rhett said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lauren's Subaru

Well, here it is! I'm not 100% sure on this chapter but it's a start. Be sure to let me know your thoughts on this chapter! and what do you think Rhett is hiding?