‹ Prequel: Dear God
Status: ACTIVE

Almost Easy

Don't tell Scotty 'cause Scotty doesn't know

Liz’s POV

A few weeks flew by, Zack spent more time with mom than I managed to. Matt was home more often and I was working in the office more than sitting beside him on the couch where he continually begged me to stay when I decided it was time to work. It was Friday night and Marie was currently blowing up my phone, Matt was working tonight, and I was caught up on assignments and had them all sent out to Dennis.

“What?” I answered, earning a victorious shout from her in response, “Where are we going tonight?”

“That club from a few weekends ago, the one with blue eyes.”

“Tom, you mean Tom.” I laughed, “Ok, I’ll get changed and call a car for us.”

“I’ll be right over!” Marie giggled and hung up. I rolled my eyes and got up out of bed watching the TV on the wall Matt had installed. I sighed and began sifting through my closet, ignoring the texts coming in that I assumed were Marie sending me her outfit and picked up a short red dress that had a wrap around style cut out in the middle.

I brought it in to the bathroom with me and took a quick shower, scrubbing down and shaving meticulously. I washed my hair this morning so I left it up in a bun until I got out of the shower, then I let it down and curled it in to Long beachy waves, I did my makeup with a dark smokey eye and some bright red lipstick to match the dress I picked out.

Just as I picked up the dress to slip it on the front door opened with a loud thudding noise, “Hey whore tits! I’m here!” Marie shouted upon entry, “Oh shit… is Matt home? Sorry Matt!”

“Nope! Just me!” I hollered back an pulled the dress up over my chest, zipping the back up and flattening out the material as Marie walked in, dressed in a barely covering anything black dress, “Smoke show.”

“Pfft, me? Look in a mirror bitch.” She laughed and I smirked, “You’re a bombshell, you gonna wear your ring tonight Mrs. Sanders?”

“Yeah, I think I will.” I played with the ring on my finger, “You good to go? I just need to grab a clutch for my phone and cards… The car should be here soon. What did you text me?” I asked as I grabbed my phone from the bed, Marie shook her head, “Oh… wait, it’s Brian… He wants me to call him.”

“Ooh.” Marie winked at me as I tossed a pillow at her and dialed Brian’s number in as I tried to balance putting on a pair of extra high heels.

“Hey finally get a call back.” Brian answered, “What are you doing tonight?”

“Currently putting heels on and going out with Marie, you?” I asked, squishing my phone against my shoulder to use me free hand to put earrings in one ear at a time and put some jewelry one.

“Going to a club with Michelle and Jimmy, wanna meet up?”

“I thought you were at the studio with Matt tonight?” I asked.

“Bailed, he was moody so I left early. Asked him to come out he said no he wanted to finish this song tonight.”

I rolled my eyes, “So you call me instead.”

“Hey… he gets to miss out. So I’m taking his wife out.”

“I like the way you think Mr. Haner. Text me the club you’re at and we’ll come.”

“Sounds good, see you soon hun.”

“Bye.”

I hung up and rolled my eyes at the excited look on Marie’s face, “It’s like old times again, damn.”

“Except Matt’s not coming.” I mumbled and looked in the mirror, “Fuck me for being married.”

“I’m sure someone will.” Marie winked and slapped my ass, “Let’s go! I need to get wasted. Also I liked how partying last time got you out of your shell, maybe shit will actually get crazy tonight.”

“Oh, so crazy.” I rolled my eyes as we walked out of the house to where the car was waiting, the address Brian sent me popped up on my phone and we got in the car, “Head towards downtown LA.”

“Alrighty Liz.” The driver smiled and began driving away from the house

:.:.:.:.:

“It’s like old fucking times!” Michelle had her arm around my waist as we danced in the center of the floor, Brian and Jimmy had already drawn attention to themselves but were beside the three of us girls regardless. Leana had stayed home to do some work but Jimmy said she was bummed when she found out Marie and I had come out.

“Right?!” I laughed, holding up my drink in the air as the bass from the music dropped, we were a few drinks deep and a girl carrying a tray of shots walked by, “Yes!”

“Here,” Brian grabbed her attention and handed us all shots, “To acting like fucking problems don’t exist!”

“Way to bring them all back up!” Jimmy faked a smile and crashed our shot glasses together, we all downed them quickly and handed the empty glasses back to the girl, who in turn walked away, “I’m so fucking glad you were going out tonight Lizzy!”

“Me too!” I shouted, grabbing his free hand and waving it in the air with mine, “I haven’t had this much fun in so long! Especially with two of my favorite guys!”

“Oh my god, Liz Baker?”

I turned to the side and laughed, “Oh shit, Gena. It’s been a while!”

“Like three weeks.” She laughed and gave me a hug, the guys weren’t sure how to react so they just continued talking loudly over the music to Marie and Michelle, “How have you been? I see you’re out and about finally?!”

“Yeah, finally! Over due, honestly. Wanna go grab another drink with me?” I asked, looking quickly at both our empty glasses, “We have bottle service upstairs.”

“Of course you do… How about we sneak up there and grab a drink, and you can check out something I brought with me.” She patted her clutch with a smile as I cocked my head to the side, “You lived in Colorado, you must be familiar with a little snow, eh? Come on.”

I shrugged and excused myself to go refill our drinks and followed Gena up to the VIP booth where she opened her clutch up and pulled out a small plastic bag, “Is that-“

“Going to be the best night of your life? Yes.” She smiled and handed it to me discreetly, “Follow my lead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Scotty Doesn’t Know - Lustra