The Heart I Call Home

o n e

I've had this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach all day long, so much so I left my shoot early and picked up a few things on the way home. Once arrived I came in through the back hoping to be sneaky but that failed when I dropped my keys on the floor and Ethan came walking into the room.

"She's home!" he yelled ever so loudly "I just have to drop these things off in my room before you draw any more attention to me," I spoke patting his shoulder as I made my way upstairs and walked into my bedroom and tried to hurry in the bathroom before my room would be entered into.

"Rory, what are you doing? My mama's here and she's making our favorite" I heard Grayson say as I walked out of the bathroom and smiled at him, he in return walked over picking me up, I wrapped my legs around his waist and laughed as he carried me down the stairs pecking lips every once and a while before he eventually got us into the kitchen.

"You two are gross and in front of mom," Ethan's voice popped up in the background making us laugh, I released my legs from around Grayson but after that, he took me into arms, the muscular build wrapping around my tiny one.

"Oh Ethan, please, leave your brother alone, eat," the older woman spoke, "Though Grayson, honey, can you Aurora go long enough to give me a hug?"

I laughed and escaped Grayson's grip and ran into Lisa's arms, hugging onto her as Grayson sat down at the table joining his brother. Lisa and I had always been close from the time I was little to growing up probably because she watched me grow up, right along with her boys. Our embrace lasted a little bit longer before she pulled back looking at me. Nothing was the same without Sean but all of us knew he would love that we were all together right now.

"Go sit down, Rory, I'll bring the food over," I nodded to her statement and walked over sitting in the chair next to Ethan poking at his arm before taking his hand resting my head on it, his other hand ruffling up my hair.

Dinner went by quickly probably with all the talking, the laughter and forgetting all about the bad for a little bit. Everybody had moved into the living room and while Grayson and I sat on the couch with Lisa, Ethan decided to curl up in the recliner. It was only forty-five minutes into the movie when I felt that same ache in the pit of my stomach this time something different coming with it. It was then that I excused myself and practically ran up the stairs hoping to make it to any sort of trash can or toilet in time.

After I felt like I got everything out I sat beside the toilet and dug through the drawer finding the pregnancy ripping it open and followed the instructions that came with it. For a while, I just sat on the toilet and held the trash can in my hand continuing to vomit a few more times before I heard a knock on my bathroom door.

"Rory, are you okay?" I heard Ethan's voice ask as I picked up the test from the counter and saw the two pink lines, my heart sunk into my stomach and tears came quickly down my cheeks.

"Come in here," I said with a shaky voice and watched the door handle turn with Ethan soon appearing after. He looked at me and walked over brushing the hair from my face "What's going on, Rora?" he asked as I held the stick up in front of him.

"Ew, did you pee on this?" he said scrunching his face up "Yes but the caps on it, dumbass," I said as he took it from me quickly realizing what it was and ran his fingers through his hair sitting up on the counter looking at it and back at me.

"You're gonna have to tell Grayson, Aurora, there's no denying that and then from there, we can talk about what to do," Ethan stood up from the counter and wrapped his arms around me rubbing my back.

"My mom couldn't have come at a better time,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear readers,
First of all, thank you for reading my fanfiction! I am by no means a professional author, I do writing out of pure fun and as a something that sends me into distraction when I’m feeling like things are too much and it eases my anxiety as it is a distraction. If you don’t like it you don’t have to read it but please do not be rude in the comments about the way I write or how I choose to write the characters in my story out. Also as I stated before I’m not a professional by any means so that that include sometimes I don’t proofread but I do my best with the help of Grammarly. Anyhow, I’m rambling, thank you for reading! xo