Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Don't Stop Me Now

Dahlia’s POV...Three Days Later, Back in L.A

“Welcome to Entertainment Tonight,” Cameron Mathison says into the camera. “I’m with Dahlia Danvers and we are on the set of her upcoming movie Cabin by the Sea. How are you today?”

“Pretty good, still a little jet lagged but fine.” I smile.

“Yea you just got back into the States after the world premiere of Bohemian Rhapsody. How was that?”

“Intimidating.” I admit. “But seeing everyone’s response to the movie was so surreal and mind blowing. It awesome to see a project all of us worked so hard on become an almost instant success.”

“Have you always been a Queen fan or did you become one after working on the movie?”

“I had no choice but to be a Queen fan.” I giggle. “My mom was obsessed with Queen and was madly in love with Freddie Mercury. Growing up we had a cat named Freddie Purrcury; she got him when I was about two months old. Me and that cat were attached at the hip until he passed away when I was 17 because of cancer.”

“You’re also a musician,” Cameron starts, “have you ever performed a Queen song?”

“We have two Queen songs recorded for cover songs. One song is the first song we ever played together as a band and we’ve played countless times at concerts and the other one is a song we are terrified to perform.”

“May I ask what songs they are?”

Killer Queen is the song we constantly play, we love playing it. The Show Must Go On is the song we are terrified to play. It’s such a powerful song and it was released as a single six weeks before Freddie’s death. They weren’t even sure he would be able to perform the song. But in typical Freddie fashion he took a shot of vodka and completely blew everyone away.”

“So no one has heard this?”

“Only the band has heard us perform this song.” I reply. “Rami, Joe, Gwil, Ben, Roger, Brian; they don’t know we ever covered this song. This interview might be the first time it’s ever been mentioned. It’s not something that’s necessarily a secret but we just don’t talk about it.”

“Now they might just make you play it for them.” Cameron jokes.

“Not gonna happen.” I laugh. “That cover will go with us to our graves most likely.”

“Kind of speaking of Rami, you guys are possibly the cutest couple ever.” Cameron states, make me blush a little. “It must be hard to be away from him.”

“It sucks so much.” I admit. “But I’ve got to film this movie and he understands. I just can’t wait til the press tours are done so we can hole ourselves up in one of our apartments and not have to share each other.”

“So let’s talk about the movie now… What drew you to Cabin by the Sea?” He asks, changing the subject back to the movie; something I’m thankful for.

**

“Why did you ever tell me about you covering The Show Must Go On?” Rami asks a couple days later when we Facetime each other. “I had to find that out from an interview.”

“It’s something The Vixens and I don’t really talk about.” I shrug. “To be fair, my own mother found out because of the interview too. She called me up and bitched at me. She may be a tiny woman from City Island, New York but she’s terrifying.”

“Are you seriously not going to let anyone hear it?” He asks. “I’m sure you guys did amazing.”

“The song may be my favorite Queen song ever, aside from Bohemian Rhapsody, but it scares the shit out of me.” I admit to my boyfriend. “Even performing it in the safety of a studio scared us. It’s such a powerful song and I think the four of us are afraid it’ll suck. And we’ll let the men of Queen down. Even now, after meeting Brian and Roger, I’m terrified of people’s reactions to the song; our cover.”

“Maybe one day, you’ll find your inner Freddie and play the song.” Rami smiles. “And I’m sure you’ll kill it, darling.”

“It still scares the ever living fuck out of me.” I admit but smile. “But thanks for having confidence in me. I appreciate it.”

“Whenever you need a vote of confidence, call me.” He smiles. “What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t fluff your ego once in awhile?”

“I was never one of those girls that constantly whined about missing her boyfriend but with you, I’m not afraid to admit I miss you.” I tell him. “When do you have a break from press tour bullshit so you can come cuddle your very needy girlfriend?”

“A couple more weeks.” A frown forms on his lips. “I miss you too. Being away from you is hell on earth at this point. I know we’ve been in a relationship for almost a year at this point and we’ve been apart more times than we’ve been together but it doesn’t make this any easier.”

“I know.” I sigh. “When press tour is over with and I’m done with shooting this movie, let’s get away.” I suggest. “Let’s find a private island, turn off our cell phones and just disappear for a couple weeks. Me, you, wearing next to nothing on a beach or something. That sounds like heaven right about now.”

“I like the sound of that.” He smiles, followed by Joe yelling something in the background about “Cardy B”. “I think it time for me to go. I’ll talk to you later?”

“Of course.” I weakly smile. “Tell the boys I love and miss them too okay?”

“I will.” He leans in and kisses the screen, pulling back laughing. “Don’t tell them I just did that.”

“Your adorable secret is safe with me.” I blow him a kiss before the video disconnects.

A sigh escapes my lips. I’m hopelessly in love with that man…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

Fun fact: I have a tank top that's a cat dressed up like Freddie (teeth and all) and above the cat it says Freddie Purrcury and under the cat is says "Don't Stop Meow".

Also, if you want, check out my Ben Hardy fanfiction Killer Queen.