Status: Very Active Updates..

The First Boy

Chapter Six

Noah and I were sitting on my living room couch while my dad was staring at us in the love seat. I used to love sitting in the living room and watching TV with my dad, but now I have never wanted to leave the house as much as I wanted right now. The silence felt like a loud screech in the ears, so I turned on the TV and put on the first thing I could find which was, The Wedding Planner. This movie with Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey was my favorite movie and I was so happy it was on the TV. I finally had something to take my mind off the awkwardness in the room.

My dad cooked homemade macaroni and cheese with chicken cutlets for dinner, it was my favorite meal. I think he felt bad I twisted my ankle on the first day of the season, so he made me my favorite dish to make me feel better. Everything was ready to eat, we were just waiting for my mom and Marco to come home. I wish they would get here already so it wouldn’t be as awkward as it was right now.

“So how is the team looking?” My dad says grabbing Noah’s attention away from the movie.

I could tell Noah was surprised that my dad wanted to have a conversation with him. My dad was a very friendly guy and loved talking to people. He was the man who had a lot of friends and everyone loved him. He was tall for an Italian man, and he had deep blue eyes that had crow’s feet around them. My dad was aging very well, and I knew my mom was still in love with him even more than before.

“Yes sir,” Noah says with full confidence, “with JP and I as captains I think we can even take the team to the All-Star League in Dallas.”

All-Star League is when the top six high school football teams in the nation compete against each other to win the All-Star Championship. My high school has not been in the All-Star League since Gino and Jesse were team captains two years ago. I never got to go because my mom didn’t want me missing a week of school. That year, my high school won the League trophy for the very first time, and we haven’t had a trophy since. I know Noah and JP really want to get into the All-Star League. It definitely looks good on college applications as well if you make it into the league.

“You have a great offense angle and JP knows how to control the defense. I think you can do it kid,” my dad says with a smirk on his face.

“Thank you, sir,” Noah says with a genuine smile on his face.

I could tell they are both loosening up with one another now. Something about men and football that make them get along. It makes me happy to see my dad and Noah enjoying each other’s company. I never thought I would have a boy to bring home and meet my dad, at least not in high school. I have this overwhelming feeling that I shouldn’t get excited about having Noah around. I know this won’t last, especially since I know he’ll be getting back with Lina.

My dad decides its finally time to leave us alone and goes into the kitchen to start heating up the food. I know my mom and Marco will be home any minute, and I am officially starving. I could tell Noah is hungry too because he keeps on putting his hands on his stomach to comfort his hunger. I turn my face to see Noah watching the movie intently, and I think he is enjoying this romantic comedy.

“Do you like the movie?” I say looking at Noah smiling. He smiles back and my stomach does a flip. Oh god, why does he have this effect on me?

“I like whatever you like, Belly,” he says staring at me.

“Ah,” I say with a smirk, “so you like sexy guys holding puppies?”

“Okay, I didn’t mean it like that,” he says laughing now. “I never knew you were so funny Belly.”

“I’m guessing that wasn’t a compliment,” I say a little offended. I definitely wasn’t expecting to hear that.

“I meant it in a good way!” He says getting a little nervous.

I could tell he meant it in the nice way, but it still bothered me that he said that. Was he comparing me to Lina? I knew I already was, and I didn’t need him reminding me about it. I was starting to get frustrated with my thoughts. I wasn’t sure what Noah’s intentions were. It felt too good to be true. Every time I needed him, he was there. Why couldn’t I accept that he liked me?

“Look Noah,” I say grabbing my crutches to stand up “I didn’t ask you to help me yesterday, I didn’t ask you to stay for dinner, and I definitely didn’t ask you to skip football practice to take me to the doctor.”

I start walking towards the foyer where our two-staircase landing was. Noah was staring at me in shock. I couldn’t sit there and look at him anymore. I was embarrassed and in so much pain. I took my crutches and placed them under my right arm. I took my left hand to support me and start hopping up the stairs. I couldn’t even get myself to say goodbye to Noah.

I finally got to my bedroom and slammed the door shut. I took the crutches and threw them on the floor because I didn’t want them anymore. It was only a couple of hours with my ankle wrapped and crutches, and I was already over all of it.

When I was little, Gino broke his leg falling off a slide at the park. He said it was the most painful thing to ever happen to him. I told him I wanted to break my leg so I could have a cool cast and he thought I was crazy. Now, I am 17 with a sprained ankle and it’s the worst feeling ever.

I take off my stupid cheering uniform and throw it under my bed. I am so angry that I can’t cheer for two weeks or more that I want to burn the uniform and leave it under the bed. I put on my comfy sweats and favorite hoodie and I crawl in my bed. I let the tears pour all over my pillow, I can’t fight the lump in my throat anymore. I needed a good cry to feel better, and to have a much better day tomorrow. I looked at my phone and its only 5:30PM. I am scrolling through Instagram while I suddenly doze off into a welcoming sleep.

I wake up frantically to my phone going off by my ear. It is only 7:00PM and Giovanna is calling me. I ignore her call because I am not in the mood to talk to her. Giovanna is probably calling about Noah Carlo being over for dinner, and I completely ran off on him. He’s probably home having sex with Lina by now. Any day now they will be back together.

My stomach starts to grumble, and I realized I haven’t eaten all day. I hop on over to my crutches and grab them before I open my door to go downstairs and finally eat something. As I am hopping down the stairs, I hear people laughing in the kitchen. I make my way through the living room and past the dining room and see a room filled with people.

My mom, dad, Marco, Stella, Cassie, JP, Sal, and Noah. I look at him and he smiles. I was not expecting Noah to still be here at all. I’m surprised he is even happy to see me after the way I acted towards him.

There is a banner hanging above the island saying “get well soon, bitch” which I know Stella made. I see silver and gold balloons tied on the kitchen chairs, and my moms’ homemade brownies. I start to walk over to the table, and everyone is clapping like I just won an award. My face turns blushed and I see my dad get up from his seat so I can sit down.

“Dad I am fine, I don’t want to sit,” I say walking towards the fridge to grab a water bottle. If I sit anymore my legs will actually fall off.

“Belly, you are wobbling like a fucking penguin. Sit down,” he says, and we all start to laugh, including me.

“Thank you, guys, for doing this for me, you didn’t have to,” I say taking the seat. My armpits were really starting to hurt.

“Oh, don’t thank us,” my mom says nudging Noah, “thank him.”

“What?” I say confused.

“You seemed like you needed a pick me up. I asked Stella to make a banner and Cassie to get balloons. Your mom’s brownies were just a bonus.” He says with his smile still on his face.

“Wow,” I say speechless. I had no idea what else to say.

“He must like you a lot huh?” Stella says. We both blushed.

I guess Noah Carlo was the first boy to like me after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 6 is out ! Let me know what you guys think ! Love getting feedback from you !
D