Status: Very Active Updates..

The First Boy

Chapter Seven

I had officially survived my first week as a senior in high school. I wouldn’t have changed this week for anything else in the world. With a sprained ankle and all, I could say that I made it through. Although I had to get used to only using one foot, Stella and Cassie helped me through the week, even Noah Carlo.

Stella was forced by Nonna to pick me up for school in the morning since I was ‘severely injured.’ Nonna was always right, even if she was a little dramatic at times, no one ever questioned her judgement. You did what she asked and that was it.

Every morning when I would get to school, Noah would be by my locker waiting for me to get there. Noah was always punctual and on time, something I admired about him. I usually would be on time if it weren’t for Stella taking me in the morning. Noah offered to take me to school, but I didn’t want to give Lina any ideas about us. Whatever we were.

“So,” Noah says as I’m grabbing my books “I have a question.”

I am a little confused but continue to say, “sure.”

“I’m having a senior party tonight, and I want you to be my date.”

My jaw drops. Noah Carlo was definitely the unexpected type, and what I learned from this week anything was possible with him. He is one of the big reasons why I have loved this week so much. He has been kind, funny, but most importantly crushing on me. I still wasn’t sure why a man like Noah would like me. After Stella told me that she thinks he likes me, I always believe her. Stella always tells the truth, no matter how hard it is to say.

“Noah,” I say closing my locker “that is not a good idea.”

I start to walk away as fast as I can knowing that he will catch up to me. A girl on crutches isn’t really someone who should be racing. I also didn’t want Noah seeing me blush so hard at such a small question. I didn’t like that he could make me feel so small, yet larger than life at the same time. He was effective that way, and he also knew it.

I knew in my heart that going to Noah’s party would put me on the radar for Lina. Lina hasn’t said much to me since I have been off cheer team this past week, and to be honest I kind of liked it. To be honest, I didn’t want Lina to know anything about me, or my “so called” friendship with Noah. I’m sure she was hearing the rumors about Noah and me, but I’m sure she didn’t believe them. Besides, how could Noah go from Lina to me anyways. Lina was definitely a snake in the grass, and she wasn’t someone you ever wanted to mess with.

“Belly,” Noah calls, “you aren’t getting very far on those.” He says grabbing my elbow.

“Noah,” I say again, “not a good idea.”

I didn’t want to say no to Noah, in fact; I really wanted to go to a house party at the Carlo house. Giovanna and Marco told me that the Carlo’s threw the best house parties, and it was the best part of their high school experience. I knew that if I want as Noah’s ‘date’ it would get me in serious trouble. If the facts show, Lina and Noah belong with each other. I am just a pawn in his game to get back at her.

“Why is it a bad idea?” He says sincerely confused. I guess he truly didn’t know why it wasn’t a good idea.

“First of all,” I say getting agitated. I think the crutches were really starting to get to me. “I have a sprained ankle.”

“So?” He says.

“I am not going to my first senior year party with crutches. It’s not happening. Sorry.” I say proud that I stood up for myself.

“I think you look sexy with the crutches. Makes you look badass in a way.” He says with his Carlo smirk.

I blush, again.

“You’re a jerk,” I say with a smile on my face, so he knows I’m kidding.

“Stella and Cassie are going to be there. Why can’t you just be my date?” He says with his puppy dog eyes.

“Because Stella and Cassie belong at Carlo house parties. I don’t.” I say walking into my first class of the day.

Noah walks in after me, even though this is not his first class. My teacher, Mrs. Van Halen, looks at Noah and gives him a warning look. Mrs. Van Halen was not the teacher students so ever mess with, but Noah was the expectation to the rule. Noah puts up his hand and smiles at her. Of course, she smiles back and gives him a nod of approval. This man even has an effect on older, married women.

Only Noah.

I sit down in my usual seat in the back and place my bag on the floor next to me. Noah straddles the first seat in front of me and starts tapping on my desk with his fingertips. I look down with a smile on my face. This boy does not give up.

“I am not leaving until you say you are coming tonight.” Noah says still playing his fingers on my desk.

“Well,” I say, “I hope you like history because you are going to be here for a while.”

“Has anyone ever told you that you are extremely difficult,” Noah says getting annoyed that he’s not getting his way.

“Oh kid, you have no idea,” I say playing along with his little game.

The one thing I love about Noah is his determination. He does not give up until he gets what he wants. I find it very attractive when a man knows what he wants and fights until he gets it. Moment’s like these made me think if Noah really does like me. He clearly was not giving up until I said yes, and I was not giving into his mind tricks. I was too hard headed to end up with Noah, anyway.

“Let’s make a deal,” He says as the final bell rings.

“Noah, you have to go,” I say laughing that he is still sitting here.

Poor Lucia just wanted to sit down and get this class over and done with. I don’t think she really mind though. Knowing Noah Carlo was sitting in her seat probably made her extremely happy. Mrs. Van Halen started the class while Noah was still here. He was not giving up. I was shocked.

“You come to my party, heck, even bring Lucia,” he says.

Lucia smiles.

“And what’s in it for me?”

“I promise, it will be a night you will never forget,” he says finally getting up and leaving the class.

I smile and shake my head like a crazy person. I can’t believe that Noah Carlo really wants me to go to his house party that badly that he would miss five minutes of his own class. I know his teacher wouldn’t give him detention because he is a star athlete. Noah Carlo was hard to read, but I loved trying to figure out the mystery behind him.

*****

My first few classes of the morning went by pretty fast. I tried to avoid Noah and my friends as much as possible. One harassment this morning was enough for me. I knew Cassie and Stella would dog me until I said yes. Stella knew she could convince me to do anything, but I wasn’t going to let it happen. I didn’t like that Stella knew me well enough to get me to do things she knew I wanted to do.

I put my books away from my morning classes and made my way to the cafeteria. I was playing in deep water going into the cafeteria knowing what I was getting into. As I walked into the cafeteria, everyone was staring me down and giving me weird looks. I look around confused and trying to find Stella or Cassie to tell me what is going on.

All the sudden, I see Noah and JP standing on the table in front of the cafeteria. I look around and everyone is still staring at me, even the teachers. JP waves at me and tells me to come closer, but I stand right where I am hoping that Stella or Cassie come and save me.

“Attention everyone!” Noah says getting everyone to look at him now.

“As everyone knows, tonight’s party is CANCELED!” JP says and everyone starts to say boo.

I am red as a tomato right now.

“But, If Isabelle says she will come,” Noah says smirking at me, “The party is back on. So, if everyone can get Isabelle to come tonight, be at my house at 9.”

At this point, the whole cafeteria is shouting Isabelle, Isabelle, Isabelle, and I want to crawl into the deepest hole and die. My eyes finally find two familiar faces, ones I did not want to see.

Lina and Nikki.

They are giving me the dirtiest looks and making sure I know they are pissed at me. Not only was I the reason Noah’s party got canceled, but I was the reason why Noah wanted to have this part. I have never felt so embarrassed in my life. I have been invisible all throughout high school, and I wasn’t used to having any attention on me. I wasn’t used to this popular life, and I didn’t like it very much if I had to feel like this.

Noah hops off the lunch table and makes his way over to me. All the teachers are looking at me now and giving me head nods, like I am supposed to say yes to Noah’s behavior. I wanted to run, and run fast, but I didn’t want to be taken as a coward who couldn’t handle a high school cafeteria, and my crutches wouldn’t let me get very far.

“I told you I wasn’t going to give up until you said yes.” Noah says smiling at me.

I am not smiling, and I’m far from it. I can’t believe Noah would do this to me, in front of the whole school. I know Stella would say it was romantic, or it was a grand gesture. The difference between Stella and I is that I didn’t want any of this. I didn’t like attention, or people knowing my life. I liked my privacy, and this was far from private.

“You completely embarrassed me right now.” I say getting angrier and angrier that this actually happened.

I start looking around trying to find Cassie and Stella. They are nowhere to be found for me to escape. I needed to get out of here. My head was pounding, my ears were ringing, and Lina and Nikki would not stop giving me the death stare. I had to get out of here. I had to leave, and I needed to leave now.

I turn for the cafeteria doors and start to walk as fast as I can to the nurse’s office. I wanted and needed to go home more than ever. I haven’t felt this sick in a very long time. I needed a break from this place, and it is only the first Friday back.

“Belly! Wait!” I hear Noah calling from down the hall.

I let the tears start to stream down my face, and I walk even faster than before. I finally get to the nurse’s office and slam the door on Noah. I sit on the floor and start crying. Nurse Charli comes over and sits down next to me and lets me cry. She doesn’t ask questions, nor does she bother me to get up. She just lets me sit there and cry. It’s like she knew I needed to let it out and not be bothered.

I spent the rest of lunch in the nurse’s office, not being able to stop crying. Noah didn’t harass me anymore, and Stella and Cassie didn’t come looking for me. I told Nurse Charli I needed to go home, and I needed to go home now. She just nodded her head and called my mom.

How was I ever going to show my face in school again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it has been so long but we are back ! How do you feel about this chapter? Things are starting to get good I promise ! Let me know what you guys think and thank you for being patient!

D