Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

A little bit better than I use to be

Michelle Deal, Mick Mars’ adopted daughter, and I are sitting in my apartment, listening to my latest song Mama Forgive Me. Gunner Sixx, Nikki Sixx’s eldest son, and I just finished the final mix of it last night and I needed another person’s opinion on it before continuing on with my EP.

“You’ve come a long way since you first start making music.” Michelle notes. “I actually really like this song. It’s hard to believe you talked Gunner into helping you out. This isn’t his type of music.”

“Please, I bat my eyes and that boy turns to mush.” I chuckle. “Plus he owes me his soul for all the shit I’ve helped him with when it came to his own music.”

“I don’t know why you refuse to ask our dads for help.” She says. “They’d have no problem helping out, even if it’s not traditionally rock music.”

“I want to get famous on my own merits.” I sigh. “I’m through being just the daughter of Heather Locklear and Tommy Lee and the former step-daughter of Richie Sambora.”

“Nik, you’ll always be that.” She informs me. “You might as well use that shit to your advantage.”

“Please, my mom is a fucking psycho anymore and my dad’s the drummer of the most notorious hair metal band in the world. I don’t want to get put into the same box as they are.”

“Screw whatever box the media puts you in. You’re Nikkole fucking Lee; the biggest badass I’ve met. You’re the perfect mixture of your parents. If the world doesn’t like that, fuck ‘em.”

“Staying on the slight topic of our dads, you heading down to my dad’s rehearsal studio?” I ask her. “Dad asked me to so I can check out the guys that are playing them in the movie.”

“I still can’t believe they’re putting out a movie.” Michelle rolls her eyes. “People basically know everything there is to know about them. I’m sure they’ve read the book. But yea, I’m heading down there. Mick wants me to check out the guy that’s playing him.”

“I want to head down there but don’t.”

“It’s not like you have other plans, or do you?”

“They’re brainstorming Paradise City stuff and Andy wants me there to have some other opinions on the matter.” I shrug. “But part of me really wants to see who’s playing my dad and even Nikki for that matter.”

“Please, you’ll hate anyone that pick for Nikki and Tommy.” She laughs. “Because you seriously only think CC and Ashley should play Tommy and Nikki.”

“Well, Ashley yes. CC maybe.” I laugh. “Ashley was in a Motley Crue cover band and damn he looked good dressed up like Nikki.”

“Sound drooling.” She laughs. “You shouldn’t think a guy dressed up as your godfather is hot.”

“But Ashley is just hot in general. You’ve seen him. He just oozes sex.”

“And now that he’s spending most of his time in Nashville, you’re seeing less and less of your fuck buddy. And damn it’s starting to show.”

“Well you’re not a delight when Tyler is on tour either.” I counter, causing Michelle to roll her eyes at the mention of her boyfriend, Tyler Connelly. Before I can say anything else, I get a text from my dad. “Guess we’re being summoned now. The boys are at the studio.”

“Alright, let’s get this over with.” I grab my keys and head out the door with Michelle behind me. We’re off to meet the boys playing our dads.

**

“They seriously got Machine Gun Kelly to play your dad.” There is amusement in Michelle’s voice. “This might actually be good casting. And the guy that’s playing Nikki kinda looks like he could be Nikki’s kid.”

“All in all, not bad.” I say, taking a drag of my cigarette as we watch them practice Live Wire in the studio. “Can’t wait to see them in wigs and gear.”

“And you can’t forget the crazy makeup they wore.” I chuckle. “It’s hard to believe all the guyliner they wore.”

“Part of me wants to be in New Orleans when they film.” Michelle chuckles. “Are you going to be on set for filming?”

“Dad wants me to so I can be there to make sure they get everything right.” I shrug. “If anything, I’ll head down there for like the first two weeks then head home. Or maybe stay down there because you know, Mardi Gras.”

“You’ll definitely get in trouble down there.”

“Please, I wouldn’t be Tommy Lee’s kid if I didn’t get in trouble.” I smirk, before tossing my cigarette butt away from us. “Come on, let’s be judgmental to their faces.” We walk into the studio and head straight for the fridge and grabbed a beer each before heading where the boys are. Vince is the first to see us and come over, kissing the two of us on the cheek.

“Glad you can finally make it.” He says. “What do you think so far?”

“We were outside watching.” I admit, laughing. “And not bad. They nailed it when they decide to cast MGK as Dad.”

“Apparently he originally went out of Nikki.” He laughs when he sees the look on my face. “And apparently Douglas went out for Tommy.”

“Yea, that wouldn’t have worked.” I laugh. “So how are they handling the instruments and vocals? Are they Crue standard yet?”

“Or is that why we’re here?” Michelle asks.

Before Vince could reply, we hear “SPAWNS!” being yelled. Seconds later, my Dad comes running over to us, hugging Michelle and kissing my cheek. “Finally we can get the opinions of the most important people in our lives. Or at least two of them.”

“Guys these two lovely ladies are Michelle Deal and Nikkole Lee, they are the daughters of Mick and Tommy.” Nikki says, introducing us to the four men before us. “They’re opinions on you guys are probably more important than the media at this point.”

“So no pressure.” I chuckle as my Dad still has his arm around my shoulder.

“They’ll also be helping you guys gear for your roles because hey, they lived the life.” My dad adds. “These girls as well as all the other spawns know us better than ourselves so if you got questions ask away.”

“This is gonna be badass!”Colson aka Machine Gun Kelly exclaims. And honestly, I think he’s right. This will be badass!
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Live Wire by Motley Crue

comment&subscribe? I'm also looking for characters. If you are interested, message me.