Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

Every second I'm without you I'm a mess

FWD TWO WEEKS

“I’m so sorry, love.” Douglas says over the phone. “I can’t move these meetings any further out. But I promise, I’ll be in L.A in a week.”

“You promised that last week.” I remind him, sighing in annoyance. “I get that you have prior commitments but I’ve been hiding and lying to my family and friends about our engagement for two fucking weeks.”

“If the lying and hiding is really bothering you that much, you can just tell them.” He says. “Are you hiding the engagement ringing?”

“I’m wearing it on a chain.” I tell him. “It pains me to not be wearing it on my finger but the necklace works fine. I don’t want to be too far away from it.”

“You can tell everyone about our engagement if the hiding is truly bothering you.” He assures me.

“We’re supposed to do that together.” I remind him.

“I know and I promise, I’ll be there shortly.” He sighs. “I miss you. These meetings and auditions have been brutal. I wish you were there for me when I get home.”

“I miss you too. It honestly sucks sleeping in a bed alone. I miss you laying curled up right against my back.” I smile, despite knowing he can’t see the smile.

“How’s the family drama?” I just groan, causing Douglas to chuckle. “That bad huh?”

“Those stubborn fucking assholes are still not talking to each other and are now not talking to me. It’s a fucking shitshow.”

“I’m so sorry, baby.” He sighs. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

“No.” I sigh. “If they aren’t listening to me, they aren’t gonna listen to you. No offence.”

It sounds like Douglas is about to say something but it’s quickly masked by shouting in the background and him sighing. “I’m sorry, Love, but I have to go. I have to finish getting ready for this gala. Call you later?”

“Sure.” I mutter. “Love you.

“I love you too.” He says, sweetly. “Don’t worry, I’ll be in L.A soon. I promise.” With that I hang up the phone and toss it onto my bed. I miss him but I’m also pissed at him. Because I know damn straight, him coming to L.A isn’t going to happen any time soon.

**

“So what’s going on with you and Doug?” Colson as soon as he walks into my apartment with two pizzas and black bag with the two bottles of Tequila I asked for. “I thought you’d be in London right now basically fucking every chance you get.”

“That’s what we were doing before my lovely father and brother decided to go at it on social media.” I reply as I take the pizzas away from him. “You got Hawaiian right?”

“Pineapples shouldn’t be put on pizzas.” He makes a face. “But yes, I got it just for you.”

“And this is why you’re my 2nd favorite The Dirt cast member.” I chuckle as he follows me into the living room. I put the pizza boxes on the coffee table before disappearing into the kitchen, followed by Colson.

“So when is lover boy coming in?” He asks. “I’ve been seeing his instagram and he looks like he’s having a blast at all those galas he’s been going to.”

“I try not to look at that.” I admit. “I’m kind of jealous. He’s spending all this time with his friends and their girls and I’m stuck in L.A on family damage control duty.”

“You’re not worried that he’s cheating on you, are you?”

“Oh fuck no.” I quickly reply. “I know he wouldn’t do that. He’s too sweet. I’m supposed to be out there with him, going to these things. Not stuck in L.A. And it make matters even worse, we have news that we’re supposed to share together but he’s not here.”

“You’re not pregnant are you?” Colson raises an eyebrow. I just roll my eyes and smack him in the arm. “Sorry, I had to ask. You guys go at it like rabbits.” Without saying anything, I take the ring off the chain I’m wearing and placing it on my left ring finger, causing Colson’s eyes to widen. “I knew he was thinking about asking you to marry him but he actually went through with it.”

“He asked me a couple weeks ago.” I smile. “We were supposed to break the news to everyone when he got here. But it doesn’t look like he’s making the trip to L.A any time soon; despite promising he’ll be here.”

“If he’s promising he’ll be here, he’ll be here.” Colson assures me. “That man is madly in love with you. Everyone can see it, including your dad and Nikki.”

“I know he loves me.” I smile. “He’s so sweet and caring and ugh! Why does he have to be so perfect? What did I do to deserve him?”

“You deserve the world, Nikki Lee.” Colson says before leading me back to the living room. “I think you need something a little bit stronger than Tequila.”

“What did you have in mind?” I ask, smirking. I already know what he’s going to say. This is Colson after all. We get to the living room and he pulls out a blunt. “I think this is exactly what I need.”

“Yea! I can finally see what it’s like to see you high!” He chuckles before lighting up. This is exactly what I needed. A night in with a friend, pizza, booze and a blunt. What could be better than this?

**

“Come on, just show me!” Colson laughs. “You talk about it enough, now I want to see it.”

“No matter what drugs you put into my body, Colson, you’re never going to see it.” I laugh with him before taking a big bite of my pizza. “Doug hasn’t even seen it.”

“That’s because it’s with another dude.” He points out. “No one wants to see their fiancee fucking another dude.”

“And I’m pretty fucking sure he wouldn’t want a friend to watch it either.” I chuckle. “Seriously Kells, it’s not happening. You’ll have to get me blackout drunk in order for that to happen.”

“Has anyone but you and Ashley seen it?”

“Nope.” I say, popping the ‘p’. “Just me and Ashley and I plan on keeping it that way.”

“Do you plan on doing a sex tape with Doug?” He asks, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I just roll my eyes. “It’s an honest question.”

“How the fuck did we get on the topic of sex tapes anyway?” I question him. “We were just talking about drugs a second ago.”

“Then we were talking about the stupid shit you’ve done with an boyfriend.” He points out. “So of course your sex tape would be brought up. So are you going to do one with Doug or not? He is going to be the next Mister Lee afterall.”

Before I could reply, my phone starts playing I Caught Fire by The Used. A huge smile appears on my lips, causing Colson to look at me. “You finally picked out the perfect ringtone, huh?”

“That I did.” I smile before answering the call. I honestly don’t care if this’ll be a short call. I just can’t wait to hear his voice...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: I Caught Fire by The Used.

-sigh- this song still gives me butterflies. This is my favorite song by The Used. You should have seen me fangirling when they performed it when I saw them for the first time last year. My inner emo fangirl was very happy.

Comment&subscribe? Also Nik and Colson are going to be best friends in the sequel so I figured I should have a chapter where it's just them talking and obviously smoking. And think I Caught Fire is a good fit for Doug's ringtone?