Sequel: Devil with Angel Eyes

Starry Eyes

Take a ride on the wild side

“Spawn!” I hear my dad yell causing me to groan and Brittany, his girlfriend, to chuckle. “Don’t you have your own pool to lay out next to?”

“Yea but I lay out topless without getting stared at.” I chuckle, tying my bikini top back on and rolling around revealing Dad and the boys from The Dirt. “Don’t you boys get sick of hanging out with this old man? I get sick of him easily.” Dad rolls his eyes at me before throwing my cut up Motley Crue t-shirt at me. I just smirk before slipping it on. “What brings you here?”

“I live here, unlike you.” He answers. “I could be asking that question.”

“Can’t a girl spend time with her future stepmother?” I question. “Most Dad would be happy that their kids are accepting of the new woman in their lives.”

“You liked mostly everyone I brought into your life.” He points out, causing me to roll my eyes. “Okay so who didn’t you like?”

“Mostly everyone, except Pamela. Everyone after her basically sucked until Brittany came along.”

“Aw girl, this is why I love you.” Brittany smiles before tying her bikini top on. “You should be happy though. But why do you have a posse behind you?”

“Just got out of rehearsals.” Douglas replies. I have no idea why, but I feel butterflies in my stomach. It’s got to be the accent. Anything he says just sounds sexy.

“And we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to hang out poolside with the man himself!” Colson adds. “Care for company?” Just as he says that, my phone goes off. It’s a text from Gunner.

“I would love to but I’ve got to go.” I say, getting up and slipping my flipflops on.

“So who’s more important than hanging out with your old man?”

“Hanging out with my other half.” I say as if it was obvious. “He’s helping me with my next song.”

“You have a boyfriend?” Iwan asks. And from the corner of my eye, I see Douglas frown a bit.

“When I say “other half” it’ll never be about a boyfriend.” I chuckle. “I’m a single pringle and my father likes to keep it that way apartly.”

“Don’t date assholes.” He shrugs. “And it’s not my fault you have to have my approval for you to date a guy.”

“So if you don’t have a boyfriend who is your “other half” then?” Douglas asks, sounding hopeful.

“Her terror twin.” My dad replies.

“Gunner, Nikki’s eldest son.” I inform them. “He’ll always be my other half. We are heirs to the terror twins throne.”

“Text him and tell him to get his ass over here.” Dad states. “His old man will be here shortly anyway.”

“Having two generations of Sixxs and Lees under one roof never ends well. Remember my college graduation? It was a near bloodbath.”

“Your boyfriend at the time shouldn’t have started shit.” Dad chuckles, causing the four men behind him to look at us with questioning eyes. “Her boyfriend got drunk and was being an manipulative prick. And apparently has always been like that and was quick abusive, which all of us found out because Princess kept it from us.”

“So you kicked his ass?” Colson questions. “Fuck yea, I’d be right there with ya.”

“Gunner, Brandon, Dylan, Dad, Nikki; all of them were there.” I roll my eyes. “But fine, I’ll text him...Fuck it, I’ll just call him.” I say before walking away to call Gunner.

As I’m walking back, Douglas stops me. “Hey sorry I haven’t called or texted you. Gearing up for this role has me busy.”

“You’re good, don’t worry about.” I smile. “Do you still need help with learning bass?”

“I was wondering if you were free tonight to help me?” He asks. “There are a few cords I’m still not getting. I know you and Gunner had plans so if you can’t I understand.” He rambles on.

“I’d love to.” I smile. “How about instead of going back to your hotel room after this mini pool party, you can either follow me to my apartment or ride with me there. I have a bass and amp there. I’ll be able to help you out.”

“I did promise you dinner before hand.” He smiles. “I’d hate to go back on that offer.”

“We can order takeout.” I chuckle. “I’m an easy girl. Give me Chinese takeout and I’m yours.”

“Sounds like a plan.” His smile grows. “Shall we head back now? I’d hate for them to think something has happened between us.”

“Let’s.” I smile as the two of us walk back to the pool area together. Once there I walk up and sit next to my dad and he just looks at me.

“What’s with the smile?” I hadn’t realized I was still smiling.

“Gunner is coming.” I say, quickly covering up my smile with my hand.

“That isn’t your typical “Gunner is coming” smile.” He narrows his eyes at me. “So spill, Princess. I’m assuming you’re smiling because of Douglas, right?”

“No, I’m not.” I lie to my dad. “I just made plans with him to help me out on some bass parts, that’s it. Or am I not allowed to hang out with your mini-mes?”

He just shrugs. “Just don’t do anything stupid. But if you do something stupid, Douglas would be a great guy to do it with. He’s actually a pretty cool dude.” Did Douglas just get the Tommy Lee stamp of approval? Weird. I just remain quiet and wait for Gunner to get here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: Wild Side by Motley Crue.

comment&subscribe?