Rebel Love Song

I had to set her free

“Frankie, you okay?” I ask the boy next to me as we sit on the rooftop right outside my window. He’s more fidgety than usual. “You’re not your usual self tonight?”

“I’m fine.” He mutters before taking a swig of the Jack Daniels I managed to steal from my alcoholic father as he lays passed out in his recliner.

“And you know, I know when you’re lying right?” I chuckle as he hands me the bottle. I take a swig myself, allowing the burning heat to begin to wash away my current problems. “You know you can always talk to me about anything, right?”

“You ever thought about just picking up and running away?” He asks me, seriously looking me in the eye. There is no humor in his eyes, just pain and confusion. “You ever thought maybe, just maybe, you were destined for something better than what your life is right now.”

“You know my family situation, so what the fuck do you think.” I chuckle. “Where is this coming from? You don’t plan on leaving me here are you?”

“Come with me.” He quickly says. He takes the bottle of Jack out of my hands and sets it down next to him before he takes my hands in his. “Corey, please. Come with me. Let’s leave Seattle and get so far away from here. Let’s head down to L.A and forget away our shitty pasts.”

“You know I can’t do that.” I sigh as I think about my two young sisters that are sleeping inside. “I can’t let him do to them as he does to me. I’ve got to protect them.”

“Corey, please just think about it.” He pleas with me. “I can’t do this without you. You are the bright light in my dark world.”

“I can’t leave them Frankie, I just can’t.” I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. “Frankie, it’s bad enough he beats me. I can only imagine what he’ll do to them if I leave. I can’t allow them to be the punching bags.”

“Do you really think he’ll beat his own kids?”

“I didn’t think he’d beat his stepdaughter.” I sigh. Frank sighs to before pulling me into hug. I nuzzle my face in his chest as he kisses the top of my head.

“One day, I’ll be in a famous band making a shit ton of money and I’ll come back for you.” He promises me. “I’ll get you far from him and you’ll never have to look back.”

“You sound so certain.” I laugh as I pull away. “But those dreams can crush a girl.”

“This is the one thing I’m certain about.” He smiles. “I’m going to get you far away from the prick downstairs, I promise you. Fuck, I swear on my life Corey. You’ll never have to worry about him again.”

“I wish I was as certain as you are.” I frown. “I want to believe you but he’ll always be in the back of my mind. No matter what. No matter where I go, he’ll always be there. I’ll always have a reminder of him.” He frowns before pulling me back into another hug.

And this might just be the last hug from him forever. Because the next morning, I wake up in bed and he was gone. No note or anything. He was just gone….
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Starry Eyes by Motley Crue.

comment&subscribe? Looking for characters if you are interested. This is going to take place from the start of Motley Crue til whenever I end it.