Rebel Love Song

With love we'll find a way just give it time

1981; present time


“Corey, you gonna just stand there looking pretty or are you going to help me stock the bar?” Devon, my manager and fellow bartender asks as he stocks the whiskey bottles. “I don’t pay you to be standing around looking pretty.”

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” I roll my eyes before grabbing the box of vodka. “Don’t get your panties in a twist. You’re the muscles of this operation, you can do this without me.”

“All bartenders need to hold their own.” He rolls his eyes. “Even the pretty ones that make a shit ton in tips with a bat of their eyelashes.”

“I knew you were jealous of me.” I laugh as one of the many go-go dancers walks up to me. “Hey Raquel.” I greet her. “You’re here early.”

“I figured I’d get here, get something to eat and then gossip with you about the band that’s playing here tonight.” She laughs as I get out my pen and notepad. “Don’t worry about taking my order, I already put it in with Derek in the back.

“That boy has a thing for you.” I tell her, causing her to roll her eyes. “If you don’t like him, quit stringing him along, Raquel. Believe it or not, men do actually have feelings.”

“When are you going to stop pining after a guy that left you in the middle of the night?” She shoots back. “Corey, it’s been how many years?”

“We were 17 and he wanted to escape his life.” I sigh. “And I’m not pining after him. There wasn’t a relationship to pine after. He was just my best friend.”

“He still shouldn’t have left you alone, especially knowing what your stepfather did to you.”

“Whatever.” I dismiss her. “Okay so who’s playing tonight? Give me the dirt.”

“They’re called Motley Crue and they are a misfit of a group.” She replies. “Their lead singer was a lead singer of a cover band. Their guitarist has been in countless of shitty bands.The drummer was in Suite 19.”

“I remember that band, very shitty.” I chuckle. “And what about their bassist?”

“Last two bands he was in were Sister and London; both are equally as shitty as Suite 19.”

“And how is Motley Crue?” I ask. “Are they shitty as well?”

“Despite them all being in shitty bands, them together is magic.” Raquel replies. “It doesn’t make any sense. You’ll see them tonight. You’ll love them. Maybe one of them will even catch you eye.”

“I’m not a groupie.” I remind her. “I didn’t move to L.A to hook up with as many rockstars as possible. I came here to…”

“You came here to find your friend. I know.” Raquel rolls her eyes. “Corey, the city of angels is a big fucking city. How can you be sure if he’s even a live?”

“If he was dead, I’d feel it.” I tell her. “Frankie and I had such a deep connection. He’s alive, I know it. And I’m going to find him even if it’s the last thing I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Round and Round by Ratt.

comment&subscribe? Want to be a character let me know!

also check out my other Nikki Sixx fanfic Animal in Me