‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

Maybe we could fall in love again

“Are you really friends with Black Veil Brides?” Evander asks as we hang out in my studio. He’s asking me questions and trying to get to know me before he heads out on our with me. “I mean, I know you dated Ashley, but that doesn’t mean you’re actually friends with his bandmates.”

“Yea, I’m really close with all his bandmates.” I reply. “Andy especially. He’s like the brother God wanted me to have but didn’t want to curse my dad with.” My phone vibrates on the table in front of me, causing me to make a face.

“What’s with the face?” Evander asks. “Could I possibly help you with that?”

“It’s Colson, he’s letting me know him, Pete and Doug are heading over now.”

“So I’ll be hanging out with Machine Gun Kelly and Pete Davidson?” He looks like he’s on the verge of going full fanboy on me.

“Get used to it.” I laugh. “I’m touring with Kells. It’s your job to make sure we don’t get into fucking trouble.”

“Does Nikki really think you’ll get in trouble on this tour?”

“Nikki is being overprotective.” I chuckle. “He takes his godfather role very seriously. Even more serious than his title as my manager.”

“It must be trippy to be able to call Nikki fucking Sixx your godfather and manager. I bet your musician friends are jealous.”

“They’ve mentioned it a couple times.” I laugh, only to stop when I hear Colson yelling my name as he walks through the door with Pete and Doug following him. Colson walks over to me and sits on my lap as he places a kiss on my temple. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and looks at Evander.

“Who the fuck are you? And what are your intentions with me girl here?”

I can’t help but to laugh, especially when Evander looks so fucking scared. “Kells, you’re scaring him. Ease up.”

“They were simply questions.” He defends himself. “Since I scared him shitless, maybe you can answer those questions young lady.”

“Colson Baker, I’d like you to meet Evander Gray.” I say introducing the blond to the brunet in front of us. “He’s my tour manager.” Colson looks at me then back to Evander.

“Fuck, sorry bro!” He apologizes.” “I thought you and Nik were seeing each other. There are rumors going around my girl is dating again.” My eyes fall to Douglas who immediately frowns.

“Since when do you listen to rumors, Baker?” I chuckle. “You know you could just ask me if I’m dating someone. I know the media has been catching glimpses of me and a guy going out to dinner when I was in L.A.”

“So are you going to tell us who the lucky man is?” Douglas is the one to ask the question. There is a hurt tone in his voice, which causes me to frown and Evander to look at the two of us with a confused expression.

“Ben Hardy.” I reply, causing the group of men to look at me with a strange look.

“Didn’t he play Roger Taylor in Bohemian Rhapsody?” Pete asks.

“Yea and in Mary Shelley with Doug?”

“Yep.” I say, popping the ‘p’. “But it’s not what you guys think. He was in L.A briefly and I asked him if he wanted to be in a music video.”

“How do you even know him?” Doug questions.

“Britt taught him how to play drums.” I reply. “I met him at the premiere of Bohemian Rhapsody. We stayed in contact. And he’s going to be in my music video for Devil in Paradise. He’s playing the role of the devil.”

“Ben Hardy is the devil?” Douglas lets out a chuckle. “Seriously Nik? Couldn’t you find some that doesn’t have a baby face.”

“What gives, Booth?” I roll my eyes. “Are you pissed that I have a former co star of yours in a music video? Because you’re being ridiculous. You’re acting like the jealous ex-boyfriend.”

“You seriously couldn’t have picked any other guy?”

“Would you want it to be Colson?” I question him. “Because he was going to be my backup. I figured it would be less painful for you to see me be all over an acquaintance than a friend. But apparently I was wrong, yet again.”

“Are you guys seriously fucking arguing?” Colson questions the two of us. “You two need to figure your shit out. All of us are getting sick of being in the same room as you two. We are either drowning in sexual tension or we have to hear the two of you bitch at each other. Or worse we have to deal with your passive aggressive jabs at each other.” Colson gets up off my lap and points to Pete and Evander; motioning them to follow him. “Pete, Evander; let’s go. These two need to work on their shit.”

“What are you going to do, lock us in here?” Douglas questions his terror twin. “There are no locks.”

“Never underestimate me.” Colson has a wicked look in his eyes as he exits the room with Pete and Evander. The door closes and we immediately hear something smacking up against the door. I rush and try to and open it...but nothing.

“Colson has something jammed up against the door.” I sigh in defeat after failing to open the door. “The fucking prick.”

“He’s right though.” Douglas sighs. “We really need to figure out some things.”

“Why are you so upset over this whole Ben Hardy thing?” I ask him as I sit back down on the couch, he follows my lead. “Is me working with Ben such a bad thing?”

“No, he’s a great guy. And that’s the problem.” He sighs. “I don’t want you working with him out of fear that you’ll fall in love with him.”

“You kind of ruined me when it comes to Brits.” I chuckle. “Plus this is strictly business. And it’s only a few scenes. And in those few scenes, we’ll be in the same scene once. I don’t understand why you are getting your boxers in a bunch over one scene together.”

“He’s an attractive guy, you’re a gorgeous girl. Why shouldn’t I be upset over this?”

“You’re not my boyfriend anymore.” I remind him. “And you’re throwing me mixed signals. I should be allowed to have guys in my music videos without you freaking out. And besides, it’s not like the song is about you. It’s a song talking about the evils of L.A. It would be a different story if it was a love song or…”

“Or the song you wrote about me.” He adds, earning a nod from me. “Since we are alone, care to play it for me? I’m sure Colson isn’t going to let us out any time soon.”

I sigh before pulling out my laptop and flash drive. I plug the drive in and scroll the contents until I find the song. I take a deep breathe before hitting play on the song. It was a matter of time before he heard the song. The CD is officially coming out in a couple days anyway.

”Maybe, maybe, maybe
Maybe, maybe, maybe
Maybe we could meet again as strangers
Start over, get to know each other
Make another first impression
Cause it turns out I don't know you that well
Maybe we could fall in love again
But, maybe this time, we'll end up as friends
But if we keep trying in this moment
I know it'll surely be the end
So I'll say goodbye for now
I don't know for how long
But the time has come
That we don't get along
So goodbye for now…”


Douglas only gets through the first verse and chorus before he shuts off the song. “Is this how you truly feel? Would you like a do-over?”

“Maybe we jumped into a relationship too quickly.” I offer. “Maybe we should try the friend thing. But I honestly don’t think it’ll work.”

“And why is that?” A hurt expression washes over Douglas’ face. “Is being my friend such a horrible thing?”

“No. It’s not that.” I reply.

“Then why wouldn’t us being friends work out?”

“Because I love you more than I should.” I bite my lower lip. “I shouldn’t still love you but I do. And that love isn’t the type of love a friend should have for another friend.”

“What can I do to make things right?”

“Kiss me…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit and lyric credit: Goodbye, For Now by Gabbie Hanna. (love the song just hate the autotune.)

comment&subscribe? What do you think is going to happen next?

Image
Oh Ben!

Image