‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

I've got to leave, it's time for a show

“I can’t believe you asked Nikki to be your manager and not me.” My dad states as we sit poolside with his now wife Brittany. “Why wouldn’t you want me to be your manager?”

“Because you have a blood relation to me.” I reply. “And more importantly, you’re my dad. I don’t want a dadager. That’s also why I didn’t ask Richie. And besides, Nikki has his life surprisingly more together than you do.”

“Yea, I can’t argue with that one.” Dad laughs as Colson, Pete and Douglas walk through the door. In Colson’s hands is a copy of Hotel Diablo. “Whatcha got there?”

“Nik’s copy of my latest CD.” Colson smiles before handing me the CD. “You are seriously the only one that has a copy of this so if it leaks, I’m blaming your pretty ass.” I laugh before getting up and pulling me into a hug. “And our song is on there.” I immediately pull back. “Did you seriously think I was going to leave Waste Love off this CD?” I squeal before pulling him back into a hug. “Are you going to play or not, girl?” I quickly head over to the stereo and instantly put on our song. A song I didn’t think would make the cut, we were just fucking around high one night. It was also the same night I wrote my song Kill for You. Which was another song I didn’t think was going to make the final cut for a CD.

“It’s so amazing!” I squeal again, causing the men and Brittany to laugh a me.

“You sound amazing Nikki Lovey!” Brittany exclaims. “That’s my girl. But sorry Colson, Kill for You is so much better.”

“You guys did another song together?” Douglas questions. “Why didn’t you play that for us?”

“It’s off of my cd.” I reply. “And Colson is literally the only other person with an actual copy of the CD as well. But I do have the song on my top secret flashdrive.”

“I will steal that flashdrive by the way.” Colson states. “I will see that sex tape.”

“You see Ashley more than me so if that’s what you’re into I’ll give you the flashdrive.” I chuckle at the face Colson makes. “If you wanted to see my super secret tattoo, you can just ask.”

“You have a super secret tattoo?” Pete asks, laughing. “Why am I not surprised? What do you have?”

“Lips on her left ass cheek.” Douglas replies, causing me to laugh and everyone else just stare at him. “What? I dated her. I’ve seen her naked countless times.”

“To be more specific, they’re Gunner’s lips too.” I laugh. “They were my first tattoo and I’m a horrible girlfriend that made her boyfriend wear lipstick just so she could get his lips tattooed on her ass.”

“That boy would do anything for you though.” Dad points out. “Even after you cheated on him.”

“Best friends forever.” I shrug. “Terror Twins for life.”

“I’m surprised you guys haven’t collabed on music.” Brittany states. “Well besides him helping you produce your songs.”

“Our musically visions are different.” I reply. “Colson and I share a vision and same with me and Ashley. As much as I love Gun, it wouldn’t make sense for us to make music together.”

“I can’t believe you and Ashley are working together.” My dad says, rolling his eyes. “You’re a masochist my sweet daughter.”

“It’s business only, my sweet father.” I roll my eyes back. “I’m not running back to exes anymore. And besides, Ashley is an amazing musician. We are getting along better now than when we dated. It’s weird.”

“Just wait, you’ll find yourself back in his bed soon.” Pete chuckles but quickly stops when he sees both Colson and surprisingly Douglas glaring at him. “What? You guys can make those jokes but I can’t?”

“Not the time and place.” Douglas replies. “I’ve learned my lesson on that one. Unless Nik is making the joke, don’t bring up her bad habit.”

“Thank you.” I smile at the Brit before turning to Pete. “You’re forgiven, for now. Next time I won’t be as forgiven.”

Nikki and Courtney walk in and Nikki has a giant smile on his face. “Nik, I’m glad you’re here. I know I said I would give you my answer Monday but I actually thought long and hard and I think I can give you your answer today.”

“Is it good news?” I ask. “Because if it’s bad, that smile is very rude.”

“Do you really think I’d say no to you?” Nikki asks, causing me to squeal before tackling him into a hug followed by a dozen kisses on his cheeks.

“Does anyone know what’s going on?” Colson asks. “Or is this a language only Nik and Nikki know?”

“Nik asked Nikki to be her manager.” My dad laughs. “I should have known he wasn’t going to say no to his goddaughter. Nik has had Nikki wrapped around her finger since birth.”

“The only thing is, I can’t tour with you.” Nikki says between laughs and gently pushing me away. “I’ll be interviewing tour managers for you to make sure everything goes according to plan. I also need to make sure you and Colson don’t end up doing something stupid on tour.”

Colson and I exchange looks, both of us have a smirk on our lips. “Are you afraid me and Colson are going to take your and dad’s thunder?”

“You’re a Lee and he played a Lee. Anything is possible.”

“Thank you for saying yes.” I smile before pulling him into a gentle hug this time. “I love you.”

“I love you too. Which is why I said yes.” He tells me. “I can’t trust your career with just any one; especially since you’re with Elecktra.” He then turns to Colson. “I’m trusting you to keep her safe on tour. Got it? She may be 27 but she’s my baby girl and I’ll kill you personally if anything happens to her.”

Colson looks at white as a ghost. “She’s my girl. I’ve got her back. Trust me.”

“Now that Nikki scared the ever living fuck out of Colson, let’s celebrate!” My dad announces breaking out a bottle of champagne. I can’t help but to chuckle. This is my life now… I wouldn’t trade this for the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Rock You Like a Hurricane by Scorpions.

comment&subscribe? What kind of trouble do you think Colson and Nik are going to get into on tour?

Also I may or may not be writing a Colson fanfic.