Status: Active

The Screeching Banshees

On with the Show

Josie didn’t know what had possessed her to almost kiss Nikki. The logical rational part of her mind was screaming at her reminding her they hadn’t known each other long plus he was a rock star well known for sleeping with multiple women. The impulsive part of her mind was telling her she should’ve gone for it about how right and good it felt feeling the graze of his lips against hers.

Josie didn’t have time to ponder what she wanted to happen as she got closer to the stage hearing her bandmates singing a cover of Roxanne.

Roxanne you don’t have to put out the red light
Roxanne you don’t have to put on the red light

Josie inhaled deeply before walking back on stage the audience cheering the Banshees on and her bandmates ceasing their playing as they saw her.

“You okay?” Brooklynn asked hugging her.

“Yeah, just got overwhelmed I’m okay now though.” Josie said as Aries hugged her. “I’m sorry I ran off and abandoned you guys like that.”

“It’s cool besides the audience sounds like they like us.” Lyra said playing a random guitar note making the audience scream.

“You sure you’re up for this?” Aries asked.

Josie nodded. “Since you guys played about 4 covers let’s go ahead and skip to our own songs.”

“Fine by me.” Lyra said she started to walk back to her position before turning back. “Hey Josie just to let you know when I saw the size of this crowd I’m positive I peed on myself.”

Josie wrinkled her face and shook her head before smiling as Lyra winked at her. Brooklynn gave her an encouraging smile and another hug before going back to her mic. Josie walked to the center of the stage where the mic waited.

“Hey everyone I just want to say I’m sorry for earlier and I hope you’ll let me make it up to you.” Josie said as they audience quieted down. “Since my bandmates have already played y’all some amazing covers we’re gonna go ahead and play our own songs.” “This first song well the first verse I think is pretty fitting for the situation.” “This song is called Missing.”

The lights dimmed to an eerie shades of blue and purple as Josie began vocalizing and Bexlee played the keyboard.

Please, please forgive me but I won’t be home again
Maybe someday you’ll have woke up
And barely conscious you’ll say to no one
Isn’t something missing?

Josie took the mic off the stand and began moving around the stage her eyes connecting with the audience.

You won’t cry for my absence I know
You forgot me long ago
Am I that unimportant?
Am I so insignificant?
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t’ someone missing me?

As Josie got to the second verse Brooklynn and Lyra increased their guitar strumming. She glanced at the sidelines seeing Rodney and Tracy smiling encouragingly. She also saw Doc and Doug giving her approving smiles, Tommy gave her a thumbs up, Mick simply bobbed his head to the song,
Vince was stoic not a surprise, and Nikki gave her that signature smile making her face warm up as she continued.

“Stunning.” Mick remarked at Josie’s singing.

“Yeah, she is.” Nikki said.

Tommy chuckled as he and Mick exchanged looks. “I’m pretty sure Mick was talking about her singing Sixx.” Tommy said.

Nikki blushed slightly glancing at his two bandmates who both gave him knowing looks.

“Shut up.” Nikki said chuckling as Tommy made smooching noises.

Josie continued moving around the stage, interacting with her bandmates as the song began to come to an end as Brooklynn joined her singing the backing vocals.

And if I bleed
I’ll bleed knowing you don’t care
And if I sleep just to dream of you
I’ll wake without you there
Isn’t something missing? Isn’t something…

Juno ceased her drum playing as the only instruments being played were the guitars and keyboard as Josie finished the final verses of the song.

Even though I’m the sacrifice
You won’t try for me not now
Though I’d die to know you love me
I’m all alone
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me?

Josie began vocalizing as the music began to fade leaving only her vocalizing as the lights went back to normal. The audience exploded into applause, cheering, and whistling making Josie smile proudly.

“Thank you guys.” Josie said. “You ready for more?” She asked and the audience cheered in response. “Well, this next song is for anyone that’s ever been in a bad or a codependent relationship you’re so in love with that person even though they’re bad/toxic for you but that person is like a drug that you crave and that you can’t give up even though they’re toxic to you.” “This one’s another by us it’s called Familiar Taste of Poison.

Nikki listened to Josie words her words made him think briefly about his own demons. His addiction, heroin, his old girlfriend Vanity, his bad habits how you couldn’t give them up even knowing they were bad for you. Her words really resonated with him as he listened as Brooklynn began playing the opening guitar to the song.

Drink the wine
My darling you said take your time and consume all of it
But the roses were only to drain my inspiration
The promises were scorned before they left your lips and

Brooklynn, Lyra, and Aries began singing the backing vocals.

I breathe you in again just to feel you
Underneath my skin holding onto
The sweet escape is always laced with a
Familiar Taste of Poison

Juno began gently tapping the cymbals as Josie began singing the second verse.

I tell myself that you’re no good for me
I wish you well but desire never leaves
I could fight this till the end but maybe I don’t wanna win
I breathe you in again just to feel you
Underneath my skin holding onto
The sweet escape is always laced with a
Familiar Taste of Poison

Josie took the mic off the stand as Juno began playing the drums harder, Lyra and Aries joined on guitars, and Bexlee began playing a foreboding tune on the keyboards.

I don’t wanna be saved I don’t wanna be saved
And I want you on my mind
In my dreams, behind these eyes
Josie placed a hand next to her left eyes then open it wide.
And I wanna wake up
No, not this time

Josie threw herself down lying on her back on the middle of the stage upside down with her hair hanging over the stage as she made eye contact with the audience.

I breathe you in again just to feel you
Underneath my skin holding onto
The sweet escape is always laced with a
Familiar Taste of Poison
A familiar taste of poison

Josie sat up on her knees her hair in her face as she looked at the audience through her hair and the music ceased.

A familiar taste of poison

Josie swayed as Brooklynn finished playing the closing guitar as the song ended. Josie smiled at the applause as she stood back up and straightened herself up flatting her hair back down.

“Thank you, this next song is partially inspired by Romeo and Juliet.”Josie said. “This is called Make Me Wanna Die.”

Bexlee began playing an elevator like tune on her keyboards, Brooklynn joined in as Juno began drumming, and Aries and Lyra joined in.

Take me I’m alive
Never was a girl with a wicked mind
But everything looks better when the sun goes down
I had everything opportunities for eternity
And I could belong to the night
Your eyes, your eyes
I can see it in your eyes, your eyes

Josie took the mic off the stand as the chorus began and clawed her throat imitating a slashing motion

You make me wanna die
I’ll never be good enough you make me wanna die
And everything you love will burn up in the light
And everytime I look inside your eyes
You make me wanna die

“She’s doing so damn good.” Rodney remarked.

“Was there any doubt they would be amazing?” Tracy asked glancing at him.

“I have to tell you I had my doubts but I’m sold they’re putting on quite a show.” Doc remarked. “I’m very impressed.”

“They’re okay” Vince remarked making everyone give him various looks.

“Stop being an asshole Vince, they’re good why don’t you just admit it?” Tommy asked then smirked. “Or are you scared that they’re putting on a better show then you will?”

Vince scowled. “Don’t be silly Tommy I sure as hell won’t be running off the stage like she did earlier.”

“She came back out eventually, that’s all that matters, and judging by the audience reaction they love them.” Mick said. “You need to stop putting them down.”

“Speaking of which I want you to apologize to Josie after the show.” Nikki said making Vince look at him in disbelief.

“Are you for real Sixx?” Vince asked shaking his head. “You can’t be serious.”

“Dead serious what you said was uncalled for and your words are partially the reason she had that panic attack earlier.” Nikki said glaring.

“What the hell did you say to her?” Tracy asked angrily with Rodney by her side anger evident on his face as well.

Vince shrugged his shoulders. “Just told her not to fuck this up maybe if your friend can’t handle the heat she should stay out the kitchen.”

“Maybe if you don’t shut your goddamn mouth up and say one more disrespectful thing to or about my friends I promise you it’ll be the last thing you do.” Rodney said now in Vince’s face.

Vince simply chuckled. “You think I’m scared of you Lurch?”

Rodney began to advance on him but was stopped by Tracy who shook her head. “It’s not worth it.”

She said then glared at Vince. “He’s not even worth hurting your knuckles over.” Rodney looked at
Tracy before looking at Vince again in distain before they turned back to the stage.

“Dude, can’t even fight his own battles he needs his little girlfriend to do it for him.” Vince said with a laugh.

“What did you say to Josie that got her that upset?” Tommy asked ignoring Vince’s jab at Rodney.

“I simply told her not to fuck up not my fault she took it to heart.” Vince said indifferently.

“That’s not all you said.” Nikki said staring him down. “You said to her that it would be embarrassing and bad publicity if this show didn’t do well and it would be all on her and the Banshees.”

“You said that to her?” Tommy asked shocked but not shocked at Vince’s blatant disregard of other people’s feelings. “That was a dick move.”

“It’s not my fault she handled it like a little girl.” Vince said shrugging.

“You had her hyperventilating and her heart racing so fast I thought she was gonna have a heart attack.” Mick said shaking his head in disgust. “That was just mean Nikki’s right you need to apologize.”

Vince scoffed. “I’m not gonna to apologize.”

“I’m not asking you I’m telling you.” Nikki said stepping forward till he was nose to nose with Vince. “You’re going to apologize to not only her but the whole band that includes Rodney and Tracy for being such a prick to them.”

“Trying to protect your girl Sixx?” Vince said smirking. “One might think you care for her more than just a fellow rocker on the road.”

Nikki simply glared. “You’re gonna fucking apologize and that’s that.”

Vince glared at Nikki’s retreating back. “Who the hell does he think he is telling me what to do?”

“He’s right you need to apologize.” Tommy said firmly.

“You’re always on his side Tommy.” Vince shouted.

“It’s not about sides.” Mick said calmly. “It’s about what’s right and what’s wrong.” “What’s wrong is you upset Josie to the point she almost passed out what’s right is you apologize for getting her that upset and making the Banshess feel like they’re unwelcome on this tour.”

Vince looked up at the ceiling as his bandmates walked off to watch the Banshees perform.

He was just talking shit like he always did he really didn’t mean to make Josie cry. Truthfully he did think the Banshees had a lot of potential and they were just trying to make it in the male dominated world of rock. That in itself took major balls other female rockers like Joan Jett, Anne Wilson, Lita Ford, etc had made major strides for women to have a place in rock but it was still a struggle for women to be taken seriously as much as their male counterparts. Josie was a really sweet girl and she wrote some pretty deep shit. The girl had talent that was just waiting to be discovered. He really felt bad about it he hadn’t felt this bad about anything since…since Razzle died.

He sighed wiping a tear away thinking about his late friend. “I am an asshole.” He said to himself.
__________________________________________________________
Josie continued to sing as the guitars softened and the drums stopped.

I would die for you my love, my love
I would lie for you my love, my love

Brooklynn began singing backing vocals as did Lyra and Aries.

(Make me wanna die)
And I would steal for you my love, my love
(Make me wanna die)

Juno began steadily playing the drums steadily increasing her tempo.

And I would die for you my love, my love
We’ll burn up in the light
And everytime I look inside your eyes
(I’m burning in the light)
Look inside your eyes
(I’m burning in the light)
Look inside your eyes
You make me wanna die

The band continued playing the beat of the song eventually fading out after the applause died down Josie took the stand.

“This next song is about fear being driven all your life and making all your decisions based on fear.” Josie said. “This song’s called Drive.”

Lyra began playing a soft beat on her guitar the others eventually joining in.

Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stringing clear
And I, I can’t help but ask myself
How much I’ll let the fear take the wheel and steer?

Brooklynn began singing backing vocals.

It’s driven me before and it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I am beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
Whatever tomorrow brings I’ll be there with open arms and open eyes
Whatever tomorrow brings I’ll be there, I’ll be there

At some point during the performance Josie took off her jacket throwing it to the side which Rodney picked it. Eventually the band finished playing Drive they all either wiped the sweat from their faces and chugged down water as Josie walked to the center of the stage.

“Did you guys have fun tonight?” Josie asked the audience.

“Yes!” The audience replied.

“Good, because we’ve had fun with you guys as well.” Josie said smiling as the audience cheered in response. “We have one last song to perform for you before Motley Crue comes on.” “This final song is about how success and fame can ruin somebody.” “About how a person, the world, and even the person themselves can consume them.” “This song is called Bury Me Alive.”

The audience cheered as the lights dimmed slightly and Brooklynn began playing the opening guitar.
Lyra and Aries joined in as Bexlee began playing a symphonic tune on the keyboard and Juno pounded the drums.

There’s no use in crying all my tears won’t drown my pain
Free me from your sorrow I can’t grieve you again
I watched you let yourself die
And now it’s too late to save you this time
You bury me alive and everybody’s gotta breathe some how
Don’t leave me to die
You’re too consumed by your own emptiness and lies

“Her voice switches to raspy huskiness to operatic dark angel sounding.” Doug said turning to Rodney. “I’ve never heard a voice like you friends she’s very versatile.” “You say Josie does the majority of the songwriting?”

Rodney nodded. “Yeah, the others pitch in and give their ideas but she’s the ringleader when it comes to the lyrics.”

“What inspires her songwriting?” Nikki asked.

Rodney shrugged. “Anything, mainly experience she’s been through a lot starting with her father’s death among other things.”

“Other things?” Nikki asked trying to pry more information about Josie.

“Yeah, she went through a period when she wasn’t making the wisest choices but she’s better now.” Rodney said trying to be as vague as possible.

Nikki sensed that Rodney wasn’t gonna give him more information about Josie he glanced at Tracy who was bobbing her head with the beat. He walked about till he was beside her making her glance briefly at him.

“Tracy.” Nikki said.

“Nikki.” She said.

“How long have you known Josie?” He asked making her fully face him.

“Look, I don’t know what your intentions are but I’ll let you know if you do anything to hurt Josie in any way, shape, or form it’s not gonna end well for you.” She warned firmly.

“What makes you think I’m gonna hurt her?” Nikki asked.

“I know your reputation and your past then again who doesn’t?” She asked with her eye roll. “All I know is Josie’s been through too much and a lot to have her emotions/feeling messed with especially by a well-known ladies’ man she doesn’t need that.” Tracy said firmly then turned back to the stage indicating that the conversation was over and she wasn’t gonna say anything.

Nikki needed to get close to Josie to win this bet he had with Vince and if he was being honest he just wanted to know more about her.

The music came to a break with Josie vocalizing and swaying gently with the beat. She continued to do this as the music began fading out and the music finally ceased as the lights came back on and the audience exploded into applause.

Josie smiled to herself at the cheers, clapping, and whistling she looked to the side seeing Tracy and Rodney clapping with proud smiles, Doc and Doug were nodding their heads impressed, and Motley Crue even Vince was applauding. Josie looked at her bandmates as they all exchanged looks before she gestured for them to join her. Everyone but their instruments down as Juno ran down the ramp that lead to her drums as they all joined hands and took a bow. After the applause died down the Banshees quickly ran backstage where the others were waiting.

“You guys did so fucking amazing!” Rodney exclaimed making Josie, Brooklynn, and Aries cry out and laugh as he picked them up and spun them around.

“Rodney, put them down before you make them vomit cause I’ll be laughing my ass off.” Tracy said as he released them.

“Seriously, though you guys did fanfuckingtastic.” Rodney said rubbing his hands up and down Josie’s arms. “You did amazing.”

“Thanks Rodney.” Josie said as her fellow bandmates came around doing a group hug. A throat clearing made the hug break up as Motley Crue came over along with their managers.

“Well, ladies I have to tell you that was quite a show.” Doc said looking very pleased. “One of the best shows I’ve seen.”

Lyra smirked smugly. “Now, don’t you feel stupid for doubting us and our abilities?” She asked Brooklynn slightly elbowing her.

“I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong about something and you ladies have proven me wrong.” Doc said.

“That’s what we live for proving people wrong and kicking ass.” Lyra said high fiving Brooklynn.

“Ladies, that was amazing!” Tommy yelled hugging each member Brooklynn longer than the others before he whispered in Josie’s ear. “You did so well.”

Josie smiled as Tommy pulled away with that big grin on his face she blushed at getting compliments from some of the biggest names in rock.

“Thanks Tommy.” Josie said as the rest of the Crue came over.

“All of you did absolutely spectacular.” Mick said then to Josie’s surprise hugged her before letting go with a smile and tip of his hat.

Finally Nikki came over and hugged her tightly while everyone else was conversing with each other before Motley went on.

“See?” He asked his lips grazing her ear making her shudder in his arms. “You were all worried about nothing you had them eating out the palm of your hands?”
Josie pulled away giving him a raised eyebrow. “Eating out the palm of my hands?” She asked skeptically. “Really?”

Nikki smirked that signature smirk. “You don’t believe me?”

“I think you’re exaggerating my singing but I accept your compliment.” Josie said.

Nikki was just about to question her about her low confidence when a throat clearing had them turning to see Vince standing there.

“Sixx, you’re about to be called on stage and I like a minute with Josie.” Vince said.

Josie was confused wondering what Vince wanted with her considering he made it crystal clear he didn’t want the Screeching Banshees on this tour. She grabbed Nikki’s hand making him look at her face which was pleading with him not to leave her alone with Vince. Nikki glanced at her before
looking at Vince trying to figure what he was playing at.

Vince rolled his eyes and held up his hands. “I just want to talk to her honest.”

Nikki was about to respond but he called up on stage he gave Josie a look which made her feel at ease before giving her hand a final squeeze before he went out on stage.

Vince didn’t know where to start despite all their differences like Nikki one thing he wasn’t good at was apologizing to people. Josie’s body language was on the defense not that he blamed her.

“So Josie about earlier I…

“You want to say more shit to me about not fucking up this tour for Motley Crue?” She asked. “Did you hear that audience and your own managers and band members about us?”

Vince nodded. “Yes, I did and I wanted to apologize to you about my disrespect towards you and your fellow band members.”

Josie blinked stunned at the apology as he continued. “The guys told me that what I said to you earlier was partially the reason you had that panic attack.” “I was just talking shit I didn’t think my words would impact you to the point they would cause that to happen.”

“Have you ever heard of words cut deeper than a knife?” Josie asked.

“Yes I have actually and I wasn’t thinking about how my words would affect and hurt you.” Vince said.

“Well, I don’t think any member of Motley Crue except for maybe Mick is known to think before they act.” Josie said a smile tugging at her lips.

“Ouch.” Vince said chuckling before becoming serious again. “So if you can will you accept my apology?”

“I don’t hold grudges I accept your apology but you have to make one to my band members and managers as well.” Josie said firmly.

“I will later on tonight after the show.” Vince said.

“I accept your apology then.” Josie said smiling.

Vince returned it before holding out his hand Josie took it as they gave each other a firm handshake. After they let go Vince was called on the stage.

“That’s my cue to go.” He started toward the stage before turning to her one last time. “By the way
I look forward to enjoying more performances by the Screeching Banshees on this tour.”