Status: Active

The Screeching Banshees

The Show

The lights dimmed slightly giving the stage an eerie reddish glow as Bexlee played an eerie ethereal tune on her keyboard. Josie started humming softly and swayed.

The lights dimmed slightly giving the stage an eerie reddish glow as Bexlee played an eerie ethereal tune on her keyboard. Josie started humming softly and swayed.

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travelled the world and the seven seas
Everybody’s looking for something

Brooklynn, Bexlee, and Lyra began singing the backing vocals.

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Bexlee played a deep note on the keyboard as Josie continued humming with the theme. Juno beating the drums softly but powerfully.

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travelled the world and the seven seas
Everybody’s looking for something

Josie took the mic off the stand and began moving around the stage making eye contact with the audience. When it came to the second verse she walked over to Brooklynn who gave her a wink as they both sang the second verse. The band all began vocalizing haunting ethereal notes as the song went into the instrumental.

“Hmm they’re not bad but I’m still not convinced they’re anything special.” Vince said sipping his drink.

“They need work but I think they’re good.” Tommy said his eyes following Brooklynn’s movements.
Nikki snorted. “Leave it up to T-Bone trying to find the positive.” He said shoving his friend playfully.

“They have potential to become something big.” Mick said thoughtfully.

“Really Mars?” Vince said with a laugh. “You really think that?”

“Yes I really think that.” Mick said ignoring Vince.

The band continued vocalizing until the stage went black simultaneously with them ceasing to play their instruments. A red spotlight focused on Josie as she whispered the lyric. Juno softly beat the drums then the whole band resumed playing.

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

The tempo rose as the band resumed vocalizing Josie threw hummed as the tune went soft and Bexlee started playing a keyboard solo. Josie continued vocalizing and humming as the song faded out. The stage light came back on as they audience cheered and applauded.

“Thank you.” Josie said went a smile as she walked to the mic stand. “How are y’all doing tonight?”

“Good!” The audience roared.

“That’s great since it’s Halloween that means we have to sing some Halloween or horror theme songs right?” Josie asked as the crowd yelled in agreement. “How many of you like Friday the 13th?” The crowd once of again cheered as Josie chuckled.

“Well in that case I think you’ll recognize this next song.” Josie said as Brooklynn began playing the opening guitar and began singing Jason’s theme.

Ki Ki Ki ma ma ma
You’re with your baby and you’re parked alone on a summer night
You’re deep in love but you’re deeper in the woods
You think you’re doing alright

Josie raised her hand to her ear as she sung the next verse.

Did you hear that voice?
Did you hear see that face?
Or was it just a dream?
This can’t be real that only happens babe on the movie screen

At that moment Rodney came out dressed like Jason Voorhees and wielding a machete. Josie’s eyes widened in fear before she sang the chorus.

Oh, but he’s back
He’s the man behind the mask and he’s out of control

Rodney preceded to wack the stage curtains and knock over the mic stand.

He’s back the man behind the mask and he crawled out of his hole
You’re swimming with your girl out on lovers lake and the wind blows cold
It chills your bones but you’re still on the make that’s a bad mistake

Josie grinned as Rodney stood by her and they both waved their index finger in a no gesture.

But the moon was full and you had a chance to be all alone
But you’re not alone
This your last dance and your last romance

Rodney grabbed Josie’s hand and spun her a couple of times before dipping her making her laugh.

Yeah, cause he’s back
He’s the man behind the mask and he’s out of control
He’s back the man behind the mask and he crawled out of his hole

Brooklynn began singing the theme parts of the song as Rodney approached her menacingly she backed away and fled behind Aries who gave her a frightened look. Rodney began approaching the both of them as they continued playing and ran behind Bexlee whose eyes widen as she quickly played the piano parts before all three of them ran to Lyra hiding behind her as Rodney raised his machete. Josie giggled at her friends acting as they continued.

Oh, if you see him coming get away if you can
Just keep on running run as fast as you can

The four girls all backed up and all ran in a straight line back and forth across the stage as Rodney chased them making the audience laugh.

He’s a dangerous dangerous man
And he’s out tonight and he’s watching you and he knows your house

Eventually Rodney got tired of chasing the four girls and stopped looking over the audience.

No don’t turn off the lights

The lights briefly turned off then turned back on just as fast as the Banshees got back to the positions and finished the song.

He’s back he’s the man behind the mask and he’s out of control
He’s back the man behind the mask and he’s after your soul

Josie continued singing the final chorus of the song as Brooklynn and Lyra sung the backing sounds. Rodney eventually jumped from the stage making the front audience members jump back as he raised his machete as the song finished. The lights went out then came back on Rodney was back on stage when an audience member dressed as Snow White slung over his shoulder and raised the machete in victory. The audience began cheering as Rodney sat the audience member down and gave her a small bow as thanks for letting him use her in the act. The girl bowed back as Rodney took her hand and turned her around to the audience he raised his left hand and gestured for the audience to give her some applause as well. She blushed as the crowd cheered louder. The Banshees were all clapping as well as Josie came forward.

“How bout another round for Snow White?” Josie asked as the crowd cheered again. “And some love for our crazy manager Rodney for his performance?”

Rodney raised his mask and waved to the audience as Snow White kissed his cheek making him blush he then helped her off the stage. He high fived the band before disappearing backstage.

“Tell you what they certainly know how to entertain.” Tommy said as he finished clapping.

“You really liked that?” Vince asked in disbelief.

“No I didn’t like it.” Tommy said before his face broke out into a grin. “I loved it!”

“Lee you just like that sweet thing strutting in the cowgirl costume.” Nikki said

“Well yeah she partially the reason I like it but they have genuine talent.” Tommy said before looking at his friend with a grin. “Besides you haven’t taken your eyes off of Little Red.”
Nikki shrugged his shoulders. “So what I’m just admiring and enjoying the inventory.” “What you did Mick?”

“I enjoyed their performance.” Mick said.

Josie straightened up her costume some and sipped from her bottle of water before turning to address the audience.

“You ready for more?” She asked the crowd who cheered in response. “Okay how many of y’all are afraid of death or dying?”

Some members raised their hands or said yes in response.

“Well, death is inevitable and part of life and we shouldn’t fear it.” Josie said. “This next one is (Don’t Fear) The Reaper.”

Bexlee began playing a melancholy sound on her keyboard as the stage lights turned purple.

All our times have come
Here but now they’re gone
Seasons don’t fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain, we can be like they are

As they sung the chorus from the corner of the stage a scythe appeared and slowly came forward as Rodney came out dressed as the grim reaper. Bexlee began singing backing vocals.

Come on baby, don’t fear the reaper
Baby take my hand, don’t fear the reaper
We’ll be able to fly don’t fear the reaper
Baby, I’m your man

Josie and Bexlee began singing the la la parts of the song as Josie walked over to Bexlee.

Valentine is done here but now they’re gone
Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity, Romeo and Juliet
Juno began drumming softly as she sang some of the backing vocals
40,000 men and women everyday like Romeo and Juliet
40,000 men and women everyday redefine happiness
Another 40,000 coming everyday we can be like they are
Come on baby, don’t fear the reaper
Baby take my hand, don’t fear the reaper

Bexlee held out her hand for Josie to take as Rodney approached them.

We’ll be able to fly don’t fear the reaper
Baby I’m your man baby I’m your man

“Yo Dave whose the clown in all the random costumes?” Vince asked the bartender.

“That’s Rodney their manager.” Dave replied.

Vince burst out laughing getting some glares from the other patrons. “that clown is their manager?” “No wonder they’re subpar.”

“Fuck off Neil there was a time when you weren’t all that great either.” Tommy said sticking up for the band. “You had to practice too to get where you are.”

“Lee there’s also a little thing called natural talent which this band is seriously lacking.” Vince said.

Nikki rolled his eyes the Screeching Banshees may not have been the greatest he ever heard but there was potential there. Leave it up to Vince to be an asshole about something. He was really getting fed up with it.

Love of two is one

Bexlee sang before interlacing her and Josie’s fingers.

Here but now they’re gone

She than unlace their fingers as they separated their hands.
Came the last night of sadness and it was clear she couldn’t go on

Josie walked away from Bexlee with a sadden expression before she raised the mic to her lips.

Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew then disappeared
The curtains flew then he appeared saying don’t be afraid

Rodney appeared in front of Josie and held his skeletal hand out and whispered don’t be afraid.

Come on baby and she had no fear
She ran to him then they started to fly

Josie ran into Rodney’s outstretched arms and they hugged as Josie looked back at her band members and waved goodbye as Bexlee finished the final verses.

They looked backward and said goodbye she had become like they are

Come on baby don’t fear the reaper

They finished playing the song as the stage lights went back to their normal color.
Brooklynn then took the stand. “You guys want more?” She asked as the audience cheered in response. “I hope y’all enjoy this next one because it’s written by Josie personally and the sound is a little different.

The band began toning their instruments to a more techno dance sound as the stage lights turn to a neon blue color. An ethereal haunting voice became vocalizing as Bexlee began strumming the keys as Josie came back on stage still dressed as Red Riding Hood with the exception she no long wore the red cloak instead she had black angel wings on her back.

You say you wake up in the morning
Feeling used like a fallen angel tired and bruised
It’s got you feeling so insane

Josie proceeded to grab her hair pulling it till her hair was a wild mess.

More dead than alive
Love’s got you stained on the inside

Josie began singing the chorus as Brooklynn began singing along.

Oh is it love, love, love (love, love, love)
Oh is it love, sweet love
So don’t tell me you feel pretty when you’re such a mess

Josie raised her hands to her face smearing her lipstick, eyeliner, and eye shadow across her face.

Just try to remember and don’t forget
We’re all dancing in the darkness don’t shut out the light
I want so bad to ease your pain on the inside

“I never heard a sound like this.” Nikki said before turning to Dave. “What genre are they?”
Dave shrugged. “They don’t really define themselves genre wise I mean they sing a little of everything but they just called themselves alternative.”

“Sounds about right.” Tommy said bobbing his head in time to the beat.

“The lead singer wrote this song.” Mick said stroking his chin. “Her lyrics they’re haunting.”

“They’re okay.” Vince said not wanting to actually admit that the lyrics were good.

Josie then made eye contact with the audience as she whispered the last bits.

You’re drowning in excess
Thoughts of suicide like a mirror
You can’t hide fallen angel
Fallen angel you can’t hide
Fallen angel

The audience cheered as Lyra began playing a mellow song on her guitar and the stage lights changed to another eerie blue as Josie shed her wings handing them to Tracy. She held the mic stand and closed her eyes as she began.

Time is never time enough when love is made to wait
You held me in your arms

Josie wrapped her arms around herself and swayed slightly fighting the tears that threatened to fall. She quickly wiped at the unshed tears before continuing the song.

We didn’t know that fate will tear us apart
Nothing, nothing can take you out of my heart

The tempo increased as Brooklynn and Lyra sang the backing vocals and Josie song the chorus.

Love never dies when hearts so strong
Love will survive when I am gone
You will be near just close your eyes I’ll be prepared
Love never dies, love never dies, love never dies

Night, a night that never ends
The smell that must remain
I try to search for peace but I can’t stop this pain
All I see is your face no one, no one
No one can take your place

“Those lyrics they’re… they’re wow.” Tommy said. “I can feel her pain.”

“Yeah.” Nikki said watching Josie’s face he saw how she tried to keep the tears from falling but they were still threatening to fall.

Brooklynn, Aries, and Lyra played a guitar bit as Josie looked over her shoulder to gather herself for the final chorus.

Love never dies when hearts so strong
Love will survive when I am gone
You will be near just close your eyes
I’ll be prepared love never dies
Love never dies, love never dies

As the song ended and the lights went back to normal Josie felt a tear slid down her face she quickly wiped it away. Brooklynn came over and touched her arm and mouthed:

You okay? Josie nodded quickly as her friend gave her a hug and wiped her face off. The audience starting whispering softly asking was she okay and what was wrong. Josie turned back to the audience and smiled.

“Sorry I’m a bit of a baby this song is really personal to me and I told myself I wouldn’t cry.” Josie said noticing some audience members were wiping their faces. “But who doesn’t need a good cry once in a while right?”

The crowd agreed Bexlee took down her keyboard as Tracy and Rodney walked onto to help her set up her turntable.

“This has been a great night right guys?” She asked the crowd who cheered. “Unfortunately all good things come to an end.” The crowd aahhed at that. Josie pouted slightly. “But we have one last song for you guys it’s another written by yours truly.” Josie smiled as the crowd applauded. “This song’s called Before I’m Dead.”

Brooklynn began strumming an industrial hook on her guitar, Lyra began playing a riff on her guitar quietly then loudly finally Aries and Juno began playing while Bexlee began playing the turntables.

“Well this sound is something different.” Tommy said nodding in approval. “I’ve never heard anything like it.”

Nikki and Mick responded in agreement Vince of course kept quiet keeping his opinion that the sound was unique to himself.

Moon hangs around a blade over my head
It reminds me what to do before I’m dead
Night consumes light and all I dread
Reminds me what to do before I’m dead
The sun reclines eats my mind
Reminds me what to leave behind
Light eats night and all I never said
Remind me what to do before I’m

Josie took the mic off the stand as the tempo rose and the chorus began.

To see you, to touch you
To see you, to touch you

Bexlee scratched the record slightly as Josie began the next verse as she flipped a switch on the mic distorting her voice slightly.

Epochs fly, reminds me
What I hide reminds me
The desert skies cracks the spies reminds me what I never tried
The ocean wide salted red
Reminds me what to do before I’m
To see you, to touch you
To feel you, to tell you

The band played a heavy instrumental Josie head banged her jet black hair getting in her face. Brooklynn ran up in front of the drum kit as she and Juno banged their heads to the beat. Aries came over to Bexlee wrapping an arm around her friend as they both turned the tables. Lyra held her guitar straight up before doing a windmill. The song went back to a smooth gentle instrumental as Josie sang the last verses.

The sun reclines, reminds me
The desert skies, reminds me
The ocean wide salted red
Reminds me what to do before I’m

Josie switched the mic on echo mode

See you, touch you
Feel you, tell you

Josie began humming to the beat as the instruments died down and the song finished. The lights which had faded to a sensual red resembling a setting sun came back on as the audience exploded into applause. Josie smiled as she looked over the crowd at the cheering faces, the whistles, and the praise. She looked at her band members gesturing them to join her in the moment. The rest of the band all put their instruments down before running to the center stage their arms wrapped around each other’s waists before they all took a bow. The girls look at the corner of the stage seeing Rodney and Tracy clapping as well. They gestured for Rodney to join them he ran out and waved to the audience as he wrapped an arm around Juno’s waist and they all took another bow.

“I’m impressed.” Tommy who was standing and applauding said.

“They are very great.” Mick said he was also standing and applauding.

“Okay, I admit they got some talent after all.” Vince who was surprisingly applauding said.

Nikki rolled his eyes at Vince a plan formulating in his head as he applauding the Banshee. Tommy took notice of his silence.

“Yo Sixx you’re better quiet, what’s going on in your head?” Tommy asked as the other two looked at Nikki too.

“I was just thinking of something a plan to be exact.” Nikki said.

“What kind of plan you thinking?” Vince said taking sip of his drink.

“We need an opening band for the Dr. Feelgood tour right?” Nikki asked as the other three nodded. “Well how but… he glanced at the stage.

Vince’s eyes widened and he coughed on his drink. “You for real Sixx?” “You want to get a band that’s pretty much underground, isn’t signed with any label, sings covers have them be the opening act for a tour which is the biggest of our career so far?” He asked and Nikki nodded his head.

“I know it’s a big risk.” Nikki said.

“It’s bigger than big it’s a massive risk.” Vince said. “Not to mention if they fucked up it’s gonna be a blow to our reputation and image.”

“What makes you so sure they’re gonna fuck up?” Tommy asked. “You admitted they’re good and put on a good show tonight.”

Vince shrugged. “Doesn’t mean squat besides this crowd is nothing compared to the crowds we perform in front of.”

“Still, I’m willing to take that risk.” Nikki said.

“You sure it’s not just because you have a thing for the lead singer?” Vince asked.

“That has nothing to do with it.” Nikki vehemently denied. “I’m just impressed enough with the band I want them to open for us plus it’ll give them the opportunity for more exposure and get themselves out there.”

“That’s so sweet Sixx almost brought a tear to my eye.” Vince said wiping a fake tear from his eye as Nikki rolled his eyes. “You’re really serious about this are you?”

“Yeah and I want you guys to be with me on this.” Nikki said looking at the other three.

“I’m game.” Tommy said.

“I don’t mind them opening for us but it is a big risk.” Mick always the mature one said matter of factly.

“We’ve taken risks our whole career how is this any different?” Nikki asked.

Mick thought it over before finally nodding his approval. The three then turned to the stubborn blonde on the barstool.

“Vince?” Nikki asked firmly.

“Fine fine whatever Sixx but if they fuck up it’s on your ass.” Vince said pointing his finger.

Nikki nodded before looking back at the band as they finished backstage. He knew it was a huge risk but this band was like nothing he never heard before. As much as he hated to admit when Vince was right about anything he was right when he said Nikki wanted to use this as a way to get closer to Josie. There was something about her and he wanted to learn more.

Now all he had to do was formulate a plan on how to ask The Screeching Banshees to go on tour with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
The songs are in chronological order as used in this chapter:

Sweet Dreams by Emily Browning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJTSHWwidjY

He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask) by Alice Cooper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hKV_n9C3ZI

Don't Fear The Reaper by Denmark & Winter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zLRHoqHgxA

Fallen Angel by Traci Lords https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aUEg4HVcxs

Love Never Dies by Traci Lords https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1s9CSvoCUw

Before I'm Dead by Kidneythieves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDD65f9kxs0

Rodney's Costumes:
https://www.halloweencostumes.com/jason-costume.html

https://www.halloweencostumes.com/adult-dark-reaper-costume.html