Status: Active

The Screeching Banshees

Today

The scene opens up on a small apartment complex the sun is rising eventually spilling into a halfway open window on the 3rd floor. Inside we enter the living room with an old TV set we pass a worn couch. In front of the couch the coffee table littered with notebooks. There’s several notebooks marked COMPLETED others are marked UNFINSHED/UNDECIDED. Nearby are a guitar and a keyboard set with a pair of headphones resting on top. We entered a kitchen where a Siberian husky is sleeping peacefully near the table. Birds singing outside cause the husky’s ears to twitch eventually he opens his ice blue eyes. He yawns and stretches his front legs before proceeding to stand and stretch his back legs. Walking to the counter where a small radio sits he turns the dial on before running to the coffeepot and pressing the BREW button with his nose. As he runs to his owners room the voice of DJ Kenny floats through the apartment.

“Good morning ladies and gents this is DJ Kenny on 97.9 classic rock radio!” “Today’s weather is fair and sunny with a high of 86 and clear skies perfect weather for your Halloween parties and trick or treating.” “For today’s news Motley Crue’s latest record Dr. Feelgood has reached number 1 on the charts becoming the bands highest record to date.” “The band has announced a world tour beginning sometime this month and lasting till August of 1990.” “Don’t you just love California?” “Every nights a party it’s our own brand of Paradise City, speaking of Paradise City let’s start the morning off with Paradise City by Guns N’ Roses!”

The opening guitar of Paradise City floats through the apartment as the dog walks into his owner’s room. He runs over to the window and pulls the curtains back with his mouth before making his way to the bed.

“Take me down to the Paradise City”
“Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty”
“Take me home oh won’t you please take me home?”

A foot sticks out from under the covers we panned down to where an arm with old marks is sticking out the covers and a tattoo of the word Strength in cursive is on the left wrist. The husky makes his way to the top of the bed licking his owners foot there is a groan from underneath the covers before the foot vanishes under the covers. The husky then makes his way to the top of bed and pulls the covers off his owner revealing an attractive young woman in her 20s. He sits up before licking her cheek eyes moved under closed eyelids before they open revealing a pair of amber eyes. Josie groans looking at her dog before he barks and pants slightly wagging his tail.

“Really Kato?” She asks wiping her cheek off. Kato barks again before making his way to the door and running out. Josie yawns before stretching making her T shirt rise slightly throwing her legs over her bed she makes her way to the bathroom.

After showering she brushes her hair she pauses briefly looking at her nude body and the mark on her lower abdomen she runs her finger over the mark. She looks at her reflection looking at the marks on both arms and her thighs getting lost in her thoughts before Kato appears with a bark breaking her out of her thoughts.

“Thanks Kato.” Josie said petting him as she fixes a cup of coffee.

Sitting on the couch Josie begins going through her notebooks deciding which songs her band The Screeching Banshees were going to perform that night at the Whiskey a Go Go. She’s interrupted by a loud knocking at the door.

“Josie open up it’s your favorite person in the world!” A loud booming voice says.

Josie rolled her eyes shaking her head as she made her way to the door a smile fighting against her face. She unlocks the door revealing a tall lanky guy with messy hair.

“Morning gorgeous.” He said hugging her and giving her a peck on the cheek.

“Hey Rodney.” She says closing the door. “Want coffee?”

“No thanks.” Rodney said making his way into the living room before turning to face her. “You excited about tonight?”

She shrugged. “Yes and no I’m trying to pick out which songs to perform tonight.” She said sitting back down and picking up her notebook as Rodney sat next to her picking up a notebook as well.

“Well you want to mix it up play some covers then play some of the songs y’all recorded.” Rodney said

“Yeah I definitely want to perform Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics.” She said flipping through the pages of her notebook. “Hmm He’s Back by Alice Cooper.”

“Let’s see y’all are performing a total of six songs tonight.” Rodney said stroking his chin. “Do half of your own songs and half of covers.”

Josie nodded as she skimmed through her notebook selecting songs.

Eventually her and Rodney came up with:
He’s Back (The Man Behind the Mask) by Alice Cooper
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Eurythmics
(Don’t Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
The final songs which were written by Josie consisted of:
Fallen Angel
Love Never Dies
Before I’m Dead

Just as they were finishing selecting the set list the door swung open “What’s up bitches?!”

Josie rolled her eyes as a young slender woman with an athletic build came through the door. Her best friend and fellow band member Brooklynn entered the living room wearing yoga pants and a sports bra her long chestnut brown hair falling from the messy bun she had on her head.

“What’s happening?” She asked standing at the foot of the couch.

“We were just making the set list for tonight.” Rodney said handing her the paper so she could look over the songs. After reading thorugh the songs Brooklynn nodded her head in approval.

“I approve.” She said before heading into the kitchen for a bottle of water. “Y’all got your costumes picked out right?” She hollered.

“Yes.” Josie said while Rodney shook his head no as Brooklynn came back into the living room.

The two friends looked at Rodney in confusion. “What do you mean no?” Brooklynn asked then noticed the smirk forming on his face and rolled her eyes.

“What sick, twisted, demented plan you have formulating in your head?” Brooklynn asked.

“I don’t have a costume I have costumes.” Rodney said snickering.

“How many?” Josie asked raising an eyebrow.

“Multiple you’ll just have to see tonight.” Rodney said laughing.

Josie and Brooklynn exchanged looks before shaking their head good naturedly at Rodney’s antics.

Later that night at The Whiskey a Go Go the band was backstage getting ready to go out.

“How’s everybody feeling?” Brooklynn asked loudly.

“Tranquil.” Bexlee said plugging in her keyboard.

“Confident.” Lyra said strumming her guitar.

“Strong.” Aries said fixing her headband.

“Hmm wicked.” Juno said twirling her drumsticks

“Nervous.” Josie admitted.

“Why?” Brooklynn asked walking over to her friend.

Josie shook her head. “It’s stupid.”

“Hey your nerves are never stupid what’s going on?” Brooklynn asked placing a hand on her shoulder.

“I’m always worried I’ll mess up.” Josie said.

“Well you’re not going too Josie.” Brooklynn said rubbing her friends back. “You’re a badass singer and performer and you’re gonna kick ass tonight we all are.” She said looking back at their bandmates.

“She’s right Josie you’re gonna have them eating out the palm of your hands.” Lyra said then smirked. “Especially with that sexy little costume on.”

Josie rolled her eyes before a smile broke on her face she then held her hand out.The rest of the band came forward each member placing their hands on top of the other.

“We’re in this together?” Josie asked looking at her friends.

“We’re in this together!” They all shouted together throwing their hands up as a woman dressed in a Morticia costume came over.

“You chicks ready?” She asked.

“Ready as can be Tracy.” Lyra said giving her a mock salute.

Tracy shook her head before walking away. “Yo Trace where’s Rodney?” Aries said looking around for him.

Tracy stopped and rolled her eyes. “Who knows where Rodney’s crazy ass is.” She said before walking to the side.

“She’s trying so hard to hide how much she likes Rodney.” Aries said with a knowing smile.

“Don’t let her hear that she’ll ripped your spine out.” Brooklynn making the others laugh. “Let’s do this.”

Meanwhile one of the hottest bands in LA came through the doors walking pass the screaming girls and fawning fans making their way to the bar.

“Look at all these babes.” Tommy said looking lustfully as the half dressed girls. “I love Halloween!”

“A Jack and Coke Dave.” Nikki said. “Yeah so many young willing, ripe bodies just waiting to be ravaged.”

“Agreed.” Vince said smirking as two girls were hanging over him.

Mick just sat quickly sipping his drink as the stage went black and fog starting forming. Motley Crue focused their attention on the stage as a blue spotlight formed on the center of the stage and a guy dressed in a sinister looking bishop costume came out and started talking.

“My children I welcome you tonight to indulge your hearts, minds, and souls in your entertainment for this evening.” Rodney said.

Nikki scoffed. “This clown serious?”

“They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions and we shall not give into or be lead into temptation.” Rodney continued. “But tonight I say the hell with that!” He said making the audience cheer. “Loss yourself and your inhibitions tonight with these tempting, alluring vixens known as the Screeching Banshees!”

“The Screeching Banshees?” Vince asked. “What a lame ass name the band is probably lamer then the name itself.”

“Yeah, probably filled with a bunch of pansy asses.” Tommy said in agreement.

“Now to introduce you to these alluring sirens.” Rodney said as the curtain opened on the drumset. “Better hope she doesn’t beat the hell out your heart cause she does to the drums Juno!”

The Crue watched as a girl dressed in a bandage looking costume wearing an orange neon wig came out and waved her sticks at the cheering audience.

“Next she’s got a bit of scurvy but it’s the scary kind Lyra!” Rodney said.

Lyra rolled her eyes before running out with her guitar. “Hmm she’s pretty cute.” Vince his eyes roaming over Lyra in her pirate costume.

“She’s a bit of a maneater better hope she doesn’t eat your heart out give it up for Aries!” Rodney announced as she ran out in a sexy cat costume.

“Well hello.” Tommy said sitting up.

“Next they say fairies can transform themselves into a will o wisp to lead travelers I hope this fairy doesn’t get you lost show some love for Bexlee!” Rodney said as Bexlee shoot him an unamused look.

“She looks feisty.” Vince said. “I’m gonna get her.”

Nikki snorted. “Neil she looks like she’ll rip your lungs out.”

“Oh but what sweet pleasure that will be.” He said laughing as Tommy shoved him slightly.

“Next this little number usually rounds up cattle better hope she doesn’t round and drag you to hell a round of applause for Brooklynn!” Rodney said making the crowd cheer louder.

“Leave it up to Rodney to be so damn corny.” Brooklynn said to Josie before going out.

“Now we’re talking!” Vince said clapping as Brooklynn came out in a cowgirl costume.

“At least the guitarist is hot.” Nikki said to Tommy who didn’t say a word his eyes transfixed by Brooklynn. When he didn’t get a reply Nikki chuckled at his friend. “Yo I think T-Bone is speechless for a change.”

“Hopefully he’ll stay that way for the rest of the night.” Mick finally said good naturedly.

“At last the one final vixen to round this band off they say who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?” Rodney asked the crowd who reply no one.

“God Rodney.” Tracy said next to Josie rolling her eyes.

“Well that’s good cause I’m more afraid of Little Red Riding Hood well I can’t exactly call her little cause she managed to seduce the wolf with her killer looks just long enough to deliver a killing blow show some love for Josie!” Rodney yelled.

Tracy gave Josie an encouraging pat on the back and a smile. Josie took a deep breath before walking out on the stage.

Josie walked to the center of the stage where the mic on a stand was she looked down before looking at the crowd and smiled.

“I give you the Screeching Banshees!” Rodney yelled clapping his hands as the crowd erupted into applause.

“I’ll give that clown this much Little Red is definitely not so little.” Vince said lustfully looking Josie over.

Mick said nothing but mentally agreed the lead singer was stunning, Tommy was still transfixed by Brooklynn, and Nikki well Nikki was entranced his eyes were completely focused on the alluring creature that was the lead singer.

After the audience calmed down she finally spoke. “Thank you for having us and coming to see us tonight.” “Now are y’all ready to rock?”

The crowd erupted once again into applause.

“Let’s do this!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Costumes:
Tracy’s costume:https://www.halloweencostumes.com/woman-s-mortuary-mama-costume.html

Rodney’s costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mens-evil-bishop-costume.html

Juno’s costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/5th-element-leeloo-thermal-bandages-costume.html

Lyra’s costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/salty-sea-pirate-costume.html

Aries’s costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/sexy-leopard-costume.html

Bexlee’s costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/womens-fairy-costume.html

Brooklynn’s costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/womens-toy-cowboy-costume.html

Josie’s costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/women-s-captivating-miss-red-costume.html