Hell of a Night

Pretty boys at the university, watching them walk in their Levi jeans

“You're as warm as a glass of brandy. And honey, I stay stoned on your love all the time” I pull into the hotel my brother, Nick, and his future wife , Brandi, have picked out for wedding guests and wedding party. I kill the engine and take a deep breath before grabbing my purse and getting out of the car. I take a deep breath of that Georgia air and feel oddly at home. I go around to my trunk to get my overnight bag as well as my trusty old Fender CF-60. I sling the guitar over my shoulder and head towards the hotel room.

I get to the front desk and smile at the starstruck blonde in front of me. “Welcome to the Hotel Indigo, how may I help you this lovely afternoon Miss Maverick?”

“I’m checking in actually.” I smile to her. “I’m part of the Maverick-Danvers wedding party.”

“I’m assuming you are on groom’s side?” She smiles before clicking on the computer before handing me my key. “Mr. Maverick picked this room specifically for you. Hope you enjoy it.”

“Thank you.” I say as I take the key and start towards the elevators. I pick my floor and just as the doors begin to shut, I hear a voice yelling for me to hold the elevator. I do so and I’m immediately met with the most gorgeous brown eyes ever. He lets himself in and looks at the floors and realizes we’re heading to the same floor.

“Thank you.” He smiles a smile that can make any girls’ knees weak. “I needed to get out of there before my friend tried hooking me up with one of her bridesmaids.”

“I’m assuming you’re one of Brandi’s friends from Illinois.” I chuckle. “That girl is relentless. She wants everyone around her to be as happy as she is on her wedding day.”

“She’s always been like that though.” He smiles, fondly. “I’m Jimmy by the way.”

“I’m Sutton.” I introducing myself. “I’m Nick’s younger sister and one of Brandi’s bridesmaids.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. And I hope you don’t mind the crack about Brandi hooking me up with one of you guys. I’ve met most of her college friends and they are a lot to handle.”

“Trust me I know.” I laugh. “That’s sorority girls for you. But those girls certainly know how to put together an amazing brunch.”

“I kinda wish should would have stayed and went to Eastern Illinois. I might have saved her from that life.”

“Hey us Georgia girls aren’t that bad.” I defend myself, laughing a little. “We are more than pearl necklaces and bless your hearts.”

“Are you originally from Georgia?” He asks. “You don’t have an accent.”

“Born and bred.” I smile as we make it to our floor. “I guess this is us.”

“I guess so.” He says as the two of us head out of the elevator. “I guess I’ll see you around this weekend’s festivities, huh? Are they really have a whiskey tasting tonight followed by a wine tasting?”

“Apparently they want their guests and wedding party to get trashed tonight.” I laugh. “But yea, I’ll see you around. I’ll actually be looking forward to it.”

“Why is that?” He smirks.

“You’re not bad to look at.” I smirk back before walking towards my room that’s in the complete opposite direction Jimmy is heading in.

I get in my room and see a note on the bed. I head over and see my brother’s chicken scratch. “Here’s to hoping this room will give you the inspiration to make your dreams larger than life.” I read aloud. I can’t help but smile. Nick is always thinking of me. He’s always wanting to live my dreams, even if our parents aren’t as supportive. I place my bag and guitar down and head over to the window. A smile appears on my lips as I take in the sites of downtown Athens. I’m home. I think to myself. It’s been so long since I’ve stepped foot in this sleepy college town, I almost miss it.

My walking down memory lane has come to an end by the sound of my phone going off. I pull my Galaxy out of my pocket and smile at the screen. The contact name is A-Dawg <3, which is not only my ex-boyfriend but one of my best friends, Aaron Murray.

Me and the O-line are downstairs. Get your pretty ass down here and meet us at the pool.

I roll my eyes but do as the text says. This weekend is definitely what the doctor prescribed…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: American Boys by Halestorm

comment&subscribe? I need characters for this story so if you are interested let me know. Your character doesn't have be with a football player, you can just be a friend to Sutton.

Also want a playlist for this story?