3 days in London: An Itinerary with Kids

I am Deepti and live in India. A trip to London with my kids had been long awaited on my list of places to travel. London has so much to see and do that putting together 3 days in London itinerary can be overwhelming. However, I have outlined the best things to do in London with kids in 3 days that can hopefully make your trip planning easier.
Day 1 – Arrival
We checked in at the Presidential Marylebone Services Apartments which is in Central London. The reason to select this serviced apartment is that we have read many good reviews about it on TripAdvisor and google and found that most of the popular tourist attractions are nearby. Also, we found it cheaper as compare to hotel.
We arrived pretty early and had a lot of time to kill so, we choose to go for hop on hop off bus tour which was good way to get a good glimpse of the city without expending too much energy.
You can also spend some time relaxing with our kids at Princess Diana Memorial Playground and later took a short tour of Kensington Palace and Kensington Gardens which is just short drive away from our hotel.
We choose not to overdo on our first day because we wanted to save our energy for the rest of the trip. So, we head back to our hotel.
Day 1 –
Museum of Natural History
After we finished our breakfast, we decided to visit Natural History museum. Here, we got the chance to get close-up with nature. There was so much to see like dinosaurs, whales, insects, birds, gaze up at the Moon, get hands-on in Investigate etc. We spent around 3 hours there.
Address: Cromwell Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 5BD, United Kingdom
Opening hours: Daily 10:00 am – 05:30
Cost – Free
Distance from hotel – 2.6 miles

Victoria and Albert Museum
Located right beside the Museum of Natural History, Victoria and Albert Museum is a very nice museum for kids to explore. The museum is really massive and there was so much to see and do in a day. So, we refer to the map to check what we really wanted to see and plan our route through the museum. There were some areas where children could play dress up with unusual or historic clothing, hats and accessories which was perfect for a family photo to help us remember our visit.

Address: Cromwell Road, Kensington, Greater London, SW7 2RL, England
Opening hours:
Monday to Sunday 10:00 - 17:45
Friday 10:00 - 22:00
Closed 24, 25 and 26 December.
Cost - free.
Distance from hotel – 2.3 miles

Day 2 – Harry Potter (Warner Brothers Studio tour)
You can’t help but think about Harry Potter when you are in London and your kids have been a die-hard Harry Potter fan. So, we decided to go for Warner Bros. Studio Tour on the 2nd day of our trip.
The Warner Brothers Studio tour was not just a museum, it was a full-on Harry Potter experience. We saw complete movie sets, props, costumes and wigs used by the actors, and how all the special effects were designed and used.
This was probably the highlight of your trip. We also took a trip on Hogwarts Express just like Harry Potter! It is really an amazing place that every Harry Potter fan should experience.
Address- Studio Tour Dr, Watford WD25 7LR, United Kingdom
Opening hours: Has a range of different opening times depending on when you are planning on visiting. Check its website to know the details: https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/opening-times
Cost:
Child Ticket - From £80.00 per ticket
Adult Ticket - £85.00 per ticket
Distance from hotel – 19.5 miles

Last Day- Battersea Park Children’s Zoo
We started our day early to cover maximum attractions as we had to leave to catch our evening flight. We head towards Battersea Park Children’s Zoo as it is designed specifically for children. It was not too big and there wasn’t too much walking. We saw reptiles, birds, feed the farm animals and spotted the otters as well. There were many different play areas designed for different ages including a real tractor and fire engine. We really liked this place.
Address - Battersea Park - Via, Chelsea Bridge, London SW11 4NJ, United Kingdom
Opening hours:
Spring & Summer
Monday to Sunday 10:00 - 17:30
Autumn & Winter
Monday to Sunday 10:00 - 16:30 (or dusk)
Closed 25th & 26th December
Cost: Buy tickets online for a discounted rate: adult £9.95, kids £7.95 (under 3s free)
Distance from hotel – 3.5 miles
  1. 3 days in London: An Itinerary with Kids
    3 days in London: An Itinerary with Kids