Sacred Slave

Seventeen - Happily Ever After

Hidan and I walked around the mountain as we took in the morning sunrise. The last few days he had been silent and not quite as abrasive as he usually was, it had me concerned that he was not happy with the way our lives had become. As we reach closer to the peak, I realize that he was looking at me with a strange look in his eyes. It was something that I had only seen once before when he was looking at me after I was revived. My brother said that the look I had seen was one of love and that Hidan had fallen in love with me, but I wasn’t sure if I had felt the same. Hidan is my master and he’s a successful priest of my father, but did I love him? I’m not sure. Now I knew that beyond doubt I had loved Obito, he had been there since the beginning of my time in this modern era and I missed him.

However, the thought of being without Hidan and having to face the world without him was something that I feared. I do know that I held strong feelings for the priest, and I can only describe them as love. I look up at the sunrise and admire its beauty, I had been hearing rumors of a potential war starting down with the leaf and the Akatsuki, but I wasn’t in that world anymore. I wasn’t going to be used for the benefit of humankind this time.

“What’re you thinking about, Kota?” Hidan asks from my side.

I see from the corner of my eyes he’s looking at me with concern.

“Everything. We’re moving into another era of humanity and as humans do, they’re starting yet another war, it reminds me of my childhood,” I say as I watch the sun.

Hidan takes my left hand in his and squeezes gently as he watches the sunrise with me. I can feel Hidan slip something onto my finger and as I look down at it, I realize it’s an onyx wedding band that looks like he’d carved it himself. I look at him in surprise because I never expected Hidan to be the type to ever want to marry someone like me. Especially when he knows that I could end his immortality if I ever decided to.

“I know we haven’t been together a long time and that this isn’t something you would expect, but I want to marry you, Kota. No master nor slave just married and living our immortality together or just going to the garden and living there. Your father asked me to always love you and protect you, but I never expected to fully fall in love with you,” Hidan said as he looks at me with a look of hope in his eyes.

I nod to Hidan, “I want to marry you and hold you for our eternity wherever it may take us,” I say gently as I kiss Hidan.

The kiss confirmed for me that Hidan is the one I want to hold and love. He is the one that I want to spend forever with, does not matter if we are in the garden or traveling the human world this is something that I want and something that I will never regret.