Sacred Slave

Sixteen - Haven

It was a shame that Obito decided he would rather die than become one with the garden, but I also couldn’t blame him. Eternal torture did not sound pleasant to me either. Hidan has not said a word since we left the leaf, and I could only imagine what was on his mind as we walked. I was not lying when I said I was going into hiding; I did not feel like dealing with humans anymore and Hidan was lucky that I was keeping him around considering I only died because of him. I know my master blamed himself for what happened to me, but he did not kill me, and he did not cause it. Hidan technically had by allowing me to be captured by the leaf due to his ego.

Hidan clears his throat, “did you really mean it? That you were going into hiding?” He asks.

I nod, “yes, I’m going into hiding because humans do not know how to handle the power that they do not understand. They always compare me to a tailed beast, but I am nothing like them,” I say as we walk towards the mountain range.

“Do you have an idea where we are going?” Hidan asks again.

I nod again, “there’s a cave up in the mountains. It’s protected by a higher-level seal that my father placed on it, it was to be used as a hiding place if we ever got into trouble. No one has been there for a few hundred years, so I’ll have to clean it up a bit,” I say.

Hidan was silent at my side as we made the journey up the mountain. I cleared away an illusion long enough for us to pass through then replaced it immediately. I didn’t want humans to find this place since it is our haven. As we approach the cave, I noticed that there was blood on the walls of the outside. Judging by the smell the blood was from the time we were hunted down and murdered a long time ago. Hidan looks over at me as I approach the blood. I could also tell by the smell that it was my eldest brother Yuka’s blood. He must have come here after a fight with a tailed beast.

Hidan watches as I open the door, my hands slightly shaking since it’s likely my brother’s body will be inside. Hidan places his hand tenderly over mine in reassurance and opens the door with me. I gasp when I find exactly what I was expecting and more. Zoka’s body was laying on a stone slab that Yuka must’ve created. It looked like Yuka was preparing him for burial, but the blood loss got to him first and he collapsed next to the slab where he perished. I walk over to their bodies shaking, I hadn’t felt any of my sibling’s physical bodies since we were in the war. They all died before me because I was sealed away when I was taken from Obito the first time.

“Are these your brothers?” Hidan asks as he looks between us. Yuka had the mark of Jashin on the side of his neck and Zoka’s was on his forehead.

I nod as I run my hand through Yuka’s hair; his body having been preserved by our powers. Yuka suddenly took a big gasp and looks up at me as if he is seeing me for the first time through his body. I screamed when Yuka sat up and looked at him as if expecting him to die again. Yuka looks around as the memories come back to him and look over at the body of Zoka.

“Father brought me back because he was worried about you,” Yuka said as he finally gets his bearings.

“Why is he always worried about me?” I ask as I look at Yuka.

Yuka chuckled, “haven’t you realized it yet? You’re his favorite. You’re the youngest of us and the only one of us to spend so much time with the humans. He likes learning about the humans through you,” Yuka said as he rubs my hair.

I didn’t know what to say as I look at my brother. I couldn’t be dad’s favorite, he never showed me more affection than he did them, right? Then again, the more I think back the more I begin to realize that he did let me hug him, I didn’t have to call him sir, and I could do as I pleased with little to no consequences around him. I bit my lip since I didn’t want to be favorited but I guess it was too late for that one.