Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

After the Party

One. Two. Three more hard and fast thrusts had Matt groaning his release. Cecelia clutched at his arms desperately. Needing something to make her feel like she wasn't floating away. Matt didn't move until he had to. Slipping gently out of her and sitting beside her on the couch. The party had been over for awhile and as soon as they reached her apartment clothes went flying. They never made it to her room and she was going to have to clean the couch. She struggled to sit up and then to get to her feet.

“Where are you going?”Matt asked.

“I need to clean up and use the bathroom,”she replied.

She slowly made her way to the bathroom in her room. Matt got up and headed into the kitchen. He grabbed a couple of waters then followed. Picking up clothes along the way.

“Have you thought of my punishment yet?”he asked as he entered what he figured was her room.

He could here the water running,”Not yet. But I’m probably not going to.”

“You'll let me know if you do?”he chuckled.

“Of course. I thought about denying you this,”she stepped out of the bathroom. Her thighs had a slight sheen from her cleaning up herself. “Hot body. But I couldn't resist having you buried deep inside even if I wanted to punish you. Especially on my birthday.”

“There's still time,”he looked at the clock. “We can knock out another round before your birthday ends.”

“Oh that is so tempting,”her gaze swept over his glorious naked tattooed body. But there was a matter at hand that needed to be addressed. She sat on her bed and patted the spot beside her.

“You need a shirt on if we're going to talk,”he chuckled. “Or I'll be distracted.”

She held out her hand and he slipped his shirt into her hand. She tugged it on,”Can you think clearly?”

“Cover everything and I should be good.”

She tugged and tucked the shirt around her lap. Obstructing his view from anything,”There.” He sat beside her and laid his jeans across his lap. Giving her the same courtesy. Just incase his cock decided to get hard again and distracted her. She fiddled with the edge of the shirt,”We are going to have to be on the same page at all times. I didn't know until tonight that we were anything but friends with benefits.”

“As I told you earlier I wouldn't have flown during that time for a piece of ass.”

“If you don't talk to me how am I suppose to know that we're together as a couple.”

“Have you been seeing someone else?”he asked suddenly. “Is that why you're upset by the sudden label?”

“No!”she got up and headed to her dresser. She pulled out a pair of panties and slipped them on. Then she grabbed a pair of pajama pants for him and tossed them at him. “Clean up and get dressed.”

She headed for the kitchen. Not caring if he was doing as she said. She grabbed the bottle of whiskey and headed for the living room. She plopped down on the couch and unscrewed the cap. She welcomed the burn. She had taken another drink by the time he walked out of her room.

“You have been here mere hours and twice now you have asked if I was messing with someone else,”she sighed as she motioned to the chair. It was close but not too close. He slid down in the chair. “Did seeing me dance with someone else automatically make your brain blow a circuit?”

“Seeing you with Griffin,”he shrugged. “Let the jealousy creep in thoughts that maybe you were seeing him or someone else.”

She rolled her eyes,”Because I don't have enough on my plate with work and getting this apartment. And you.”

“It's been a long day. I was stretched thin just by the flight and having to deal with the guys,”he frowned. “So when I saw you dancing with him. My brain decided you had just shit on this relationship.”

“But I didn't know there was one!”she threw her hands up. “I never broached the subject because I didn't want to seem like I was pushing for this to become official. And you certainly never said I was anything else.” He held out his hand and she shook her head. “Not right now.”

“Then why did you fuck me before talking about this?”he asked.

“I can fuck you and not like you at the moment,”she leaned back and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Is this really how you want to spend the rest of your birthday?”he countered.

She shrugged,”Not really but here we are.”

“What do you want me to say?”he groaned. “That I was wrong? I was, I admit that. That I should have talked to you about being in a relationship with you? Yeah I should have talked to you about that as well.”

She sighed,”All true.”

“I wouldn't put this much effort into a fucking lay. If I wanted just that I could find a groupie and send her on her way when we were done.”

“Why haven't you then?”she raised an eyebrow.

“You think I just want to fuck you?”he snapped.

“You're not talking to me about anything personal between us,”she replied. “Just band stuff. Seeing what I'm doing. What I'm wearing. What you'd do to me if we were together.”

He sighed,”I'm a guy. We don't talk about stuff like that.”

“Cut the shit,”she snapped. “I'm a guy my ass. Mark went after Penny and actually talked to her about things. You just fucked me and left me thinking I was just your friend.”

“You didn't talk to me either,”he snapped.

“What was I suppose to do? Throw myself at you? Hoping I'll be more than just your friend with benefits because I love you.”

His eyes widened,”You love me?”

She bit her lip and nodded,”Yes. I have for some time now.”

He stood up and grabbed her hand tugging her to her feet,”I promise we will air everything out tomorrow. But please let me just take you to bed. Let's finish your birthday right.”

She looked up at him,”You swear?”

He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers,”Yes. Now let me take my girlfriend that loves me to bed.” She was hesitant. He hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head,”I need to show her how much I love her too.”

Against her better judgment she let him lead her to the bedroom. But to be honest she didn't want to do this anymore tonight. Especially since it was her birthday. And she did want to end it on a good note. Tomorrow we will air everything out, she vowed to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I love the drama there’s a good bit of it during their first year. So buckle up lol

I’m hoping to have this story wrapped up before it hits 40 chapters. I’m nearing 30 now lol. However in one of the biggest skips I will be including the passing of Jimmy :-(.