Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

The Storm

“The moments die, I hear no screaming. The visions left inside me are slowly fading. Would she hear me if I called her name? Would she hold me if she knew my shame?” Cecelia sang as she cooked breakfast for lunch. “There's always something different going wrong. The path I walk's in the wrong direction. There's always someone fucking hanging on. Can anybody help me make things better?”

The smell of bacon and the loud music pulled Matt from his mini coma. Two rounds with Cecelia on top of jetlag pulled him into a heavy sleep. So much so that he hadn't noticed all the missed calls and texts. Not to mention that it was nearly one in the afternoon. He took care of the most pressing of matters before heading to the kitchen. She sang loudly as she plated more of the bacon.

“I can take you to meet them,”he shouted over the music.

She jumped nearly dropping the tongs,”Shit.”

He chuckled,”Sorry.”

She reached over and lowered the volume,”You scared the shit out of me.”

“I heard,”Another chuckle. “Smells good. And like I said I can take you to meet them.”

She shook her head,”Not a good idea.”

He raised an eyebrow,”Why is that?”

“I have a thing for Padge and his beard,”she simply said and scrambled the eggs.

“Is there others I should know about?”he snatched a piece of bacon. “Who else are you sporting a lady boner for?”

“Musically? Or actors?”she asked.

He nearly chocked,”I'm not your only lady boner inducer?”

She shook her head,”No. But you're my favorite.”

“You say that now,”he frowned and shook his head but a smile played at the corner of his lips. “Until someone comes along that I have to compete with.”

She snorted,”Don't be so dramatic.”

She plated the eggs and then handed them to him. He grabbed the bacon and headed for the table. She grabbed a couple of more plates and a tray of biscuits before following.

“Coffee?”she asked heading back for the coffee pot.

He nodded,”Yeah.”

She grabbed two mugs along with way. Once everything was on the table they both grabbed a plate and fixed their plates.

“Brian dropped off your bags,”she said as she poured the creamer in her coffee.

“How did he know how to get here?”he asked.

“I answered your phone after it rang for the millionth time,”she shrugged. “You were out cold.”

“Anything else he wanted?”

She sipped the hot liquid,”Said they had to head home. Alice had been called into work tonight and she couldn't miss it.”

“Did they all go?”

She shrugged,”I think but I don't know.”

“Okay,”he nodded.

“You're okay with me answering your phone?”she asked.

“I have nothing to hide from my girlfriend,”he smiled. “And if it was bothering you I don't blame you.”

“There's that word again.”

He reached across the table and grabbed her hand,”I apologized for that. If I had known how you really felt I would have made things clear. I thought, which I am right, that you were invested in this as I was.”

“I was. I am,”she sighed. “But it shouldn't have taken seeing me dancing with someone else for you to say it,”she shrugged.

“The way he was touching you,”he took a moment to reign in his anger. “It was intimate. Like you two had known each other in that way.”

“Griff and I are just friends. We've always been just friends. He's just a super friendly guy,”she sipped her coffee.

“Did you like him?”he asked.

She nearly choked,”What?”

“Were you or are you attracted to him?”he asked eyeing her through narrowed eyes.

She squared her shoulders,”I was, yes. It was hard not to like him. But am I attracted to him now? No.”

“So you liked him. Did you ever sleep with him?”he snapped.

Her eyes widened and then they narrowed,”You know what, no. But I wished I would have.”

He growled,”Did you hope you would get the chance last night because you didn't think I was going to be there?”

She sat her cup down and stood,”You can leave while I'm out.”

“Where are you going?”he stood up too.

She shrugged,”I don't know yet.”

There was a knock on the door and they both looked at it. She headed toward it and pulled it open. Griff stood there smiling. She had mentioned her apartment complex last night when they were talking.

“We're leaving out later and I was wondering if you'd like to grab lunch.”

She looked back over her shoulder at Matt and then back at Griff,”I'd love to. I'll meet you outside in ten. I just need to change.”

He smiled and nodded,”Okay.”

She shut the door and headed for her room. Matt trailing behind her. She walked to the dresser and pulled out a pair of denim shorts, an Alter Bridge shirt and a bra.

“So what, you're going to grab lunch with him?”he asked.

“Yep. And you can be gone when I get back,”she said.

“The hell I will,”he growled.

She stepped up to him,”Until you get your jealousy under control I don't want you here.”

“You can't blame me for being jealous of other men with you,”he snapped, raking a hand through his short hair.

“I can blame you for not trusting me enough,”she said softly. “Whomever cheated on you is not me. Beside you're a band guy. Most of them seem to stray when easy pussy is thrown in their faces.”

“We're not all the fucking same, Cecelia!”he yelled. “I would never fuck someone else while dating you.”

“And neither would I.”

She shed her sleep shorts and shirt. She pulled on her shorts and then pulled on her bra. Not caring that Matt was watching her as she did it. Once it was secure she pulled on her shirt. When she turned and saw him the angry had faded. Replaced by sadness. And she wouldn’t soften when he was acting like a jealous jerk.

“If you're here when I get back that's fine,”she said passing him.

He grabbed her arm, stopping her and make her face him. He grabbed either side of her head and pressed his lips to hers.

“Have fun,”he said softly.

Her heart squeezed a little. Anxiety set in that maybe he was actually going to be gone when she got back. She wrapped her arms around him. Hugging him tightly.

“Lock up if you leave,”she whispered.

She ripped herself away from him, grabbing her bag on the way out. Needing to hurry out of the apartment before she shed any tears. Griff was leaning against a convertible as she walked out of the complex.

“Please tell me its a rental and you didn't carjack an old man?”she joked.

“I would never,”he gasped. “You wound me. And yes it's a rental. I can have the top down and not worry about hitting my head.”

She laughed,”I bet.”

He opened her door and shut it after she got in. She glanced at her window to see Matt staring down at her. She gulped and looked out the windshield thankful neither man could see the emotions because of the sunglasses.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise! A Wednesday update! Also it’s one of two updates a week starting this week.

These two can’t seem to get on the same page. He’s still jealous. Jeez.