Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

A Little Dare

Instead of the hotel bar they had gone up to the suite the band and girls had rented. Apparently they had been there since the past weekend. It was something the girls had planned because they wanted to enjoy the area for a while before everyone had to move on to their next show.

“So your brother and your bestie huh?”Matt saddled up to Cecelia.

She was watching a very animated conversation going on between all the guitarists in the room. Her cheeks reddened as she looked over.

“You heard us huh?”

He gave her a small smile,”Yep. So how long?”

“How long for them or since I've had a lady boner for you?”

He laughed. He couldn't help it,”Both I suppose.”

“Fairly new for them. Mark came to me for my blessing before our New Year's Eve party but I've known Penny has had a crush on him for ages. As for you, since she introduced me to your music.”

“Front guy kind of girl?”he asked.

She shrugged,”Depends on the band. For yours, yes. Bullet For My Valentine, it's Padge.”

“Is it his beard?”he whispered.

She laughed and gave another shrug,”No. I don't know what it is about him. Of course I'm going purely on looks. Because either of you could be a douchebag. And that would be a real shame.”

“Fair enough,”he nodded. “First tour?”

“That I've gone on?”she asked. He nodded,”No. Penny and I have tagged along on a few. She's hoping to become a music journalist. And well Mark was more than happy to give her the access she needs to get her name out there.”

“Well that was nice,”he smiled.

She nodded and took a sip of her coke,”Very.”

“And you're alright with them dating?”he asked.

“Well it might be awkward if things don't work out. But I’m pretty sure it will work between them. Plus who am I to stand in the way?”

“Well he is your brother. So wouldn't you have to pick sides?”

“First of all this isn't highschool I'm not picking a side. And second of all, I've known her a bit longer.” He raised an eyebrow. She sighed,“I asked Mark's father to adopt me. His mother had passed away years ago. And we were neighbors. So my mom would tend to things for his dad around the house. They fell in love and married. But only after his boys approved.”

“Ah I see.”

Matt found it easy to talk to her. And if he had to guess by the personal over share he would assume she did too.

“Are you catching our set tomorrow?”he asked.

She shrugged,”If you're playing at the same time as Alter Bridge or Bullet, probs not.” He gawked at her. She laughed,”No offense but I've been planning to see Bullet for awhile. I knew you'd be playing the other festivals too so I picked who'd I see at which one.”

“Wow,”he frowned. “I feel a bit rejected for a Welshman with a beard.”

She laughed,”I'm sure there will be more than enough girls to help heal the pain.”

While she was correct, he didn't partake most of the time with groupies.

“So for the sake of a possible side stage appearance which song would you be most excited about seeing live?”he asked.

She tapped her chin,”I guess the generic answer would be Bat Country. Since it seems to be very popular. But I highly doubt you'll be playing the song I'd like to hear live.”

He was intrigued,”So what would be the non-generic answer?”

She smiled,”I'm not very fond of the screaming type but I did quite like Sounding The Seventh Trumpet. Especially We Come Out At Night and Lips Of Deceit.”

“I thought you were about to say Warmness On The Soul,”he chuckled.

“It's not that I don't like it,”she smiled. “I just have to be in a mood to hear it.”

“Don't girls usually swoon for love like songs?”he asked.

“Misconception. Like us all loving chick flicks. Give me a night of bad horror movies instead. Probably even action movies.”

“Cecelia,”Penny called. Both looked as she approached. “Pretty sure we had a dare.”

Cecelia's eyes widened,”I am not saying it.”

“You have to. I said if we ever met him,”Penny laughed.

Matt looked between them. A bit confused by the conversation.

Cecelia shook her head,”I can't.”

“A dare is a dare,”Penny winked, propping her hand on her hip.

Cecelia faced Matt and took a deep breath,”Smile for me daddy.”

His eyebrows shout up,”Um what?”

“Let me see your grill,”she turned pink from head to probably toe.

Cecelia glared at Penny but both started laughing until they couldn't breathe. While Matt stared at both like they had lost it.

“You actually said it,”Penny wheezed.

“I had no choice,”Cecelia gasped.

“I um don't have it on right now,”he answered.

This sent the girls into hysterics.

“Don't,”Penny wiped her eyes. “I couldn't take seeing them for real.”

He was even more confused. But waited for the girls to calm down enough to get an explanation. It took about five minutes for the girls to finally calm down.

“I don't actually want to see it,”Cecelia shook her head smiling. “I think you're hotter without it. Penny knows this and dared me to say it to you should we ever meet.”

He smiled,”Noted.”

Cecelia couldn't believe she had just told him that but she had. It was true though. She didn't like his grill. And hoped to avoid seeing it in person at all costs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lmao I had way to much fun writing this chapter.

Fun fact: I have in fact been dared that. He’s long since lost the grill but I feel like PhenoBarbiDoll will hold me to it lmao.