Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

Babysitting but not Really

~*~Download Weekend~*~

There was a certain excitement that Matt felt when they headed to where the Download festival was being held. He knew why. He was going to be seeing Cecelia again. After that night he didn't have a chance to see her again. But she had certainly left an impression on him.

“You can't let her kidnap band guys if you wouldn't let me,”Penny pouted.

“She doesn't happen to have a boyfriend either,”Mark chuckled.

“That's not fair,”she groaned.

“I did not say I was kidnapping anyone,”Cecelia laughed. “Just pondered out loud if it was plausible.”

“Hey,”Matt walked up to the group.

“Oh hey closet hulk,”Penny smiled.

“Closet hulk huh?”he asked.

She nodded,”Yep.”

He laughed,”Alright. When and where do your guys play?”Matt asked Mark.

“Tomorrow at the Snickers stage,”Mark answered.

“Hopefully not at the same time as us,”Matt joked.

Mark shrugged,”Hopefully not.” He checked his watch,”We really have to run. Sorry man.”

“I uh don't,”Cecelia commented.

“Ce,”Mark sighed. “Mom and dad made me swear to keep an eye out for you. You're only nineteen.”

Matt had to school his features. They are, well she was only nineteen?

“And I am an adult. I really what to see Bullets&Octane,”she frowned.

“I can keep an eye on her,”Matt offered. “Plus we just toured with them last year. I'll make sure she's safe.”

“I don't know,”Mark frowned.

“Please?”Cecelia pleaded. “He knows them. I'll be sidestage. I'll be fine.”

“She'll be fine,”Penny repeated. “Now I need you to come with me so I have your moral support since you got me this interviewing gig.”

“Phone on at all times,”Mark glared at her and Matt.

“Yes dad,”she replied.

Mark and Penny gave her a hug as they left with the other guys. Matt followed her as they headed toward the stage.

“Please disregard any comments I may or may not make about Gene's tattoo,”she said.

“Which one?”he asked.

“The one that peaks above his pants.”

“Is this really a good idea? He's so much older than you,”he said.

She stepped back and looked at him,”And that's an issue why?”

“Mark asked me to watch you,”he frowned.

“He did. And you are. But he didn't say I couldn't drool over a tattoo that hits below the belt,”she sighed. “It's not like I plan on fucking Gene. He looks rather dirty. I just said I may comment about his tattoo. Now if me being nineteen bothers you for some ungodly reason, I can see my way around the fair grounds.”

She stomped away from him. Muttering and hugging herself. He had to sprint to catch up to her.

“Hey slow down.”

“Come to act like you're another brother again?”

“Look, I'm sorry if I over stepped my bounds. I just don't want anything to happen to you on my watch,”he said.

She snorted,”I'm not dating anyone nor am I married. I'm nineteen. Living it up. People older than Penny and I seem to feel like we're not capable of dealing with things. I'm legally an adult.”

“He's your brother. He's gonna worry. And I don't need him to hate me because something happened to you after I promised to watch you.”

“I don't need a fucking babysitter. You're acting as if I planned on stripping down and fucking Gene right there in front of everyone. It's harmless comments about his pelvic tattoo.”

“I've been on tour with him,”he sighed. “I know how he is.”

“And that's great. But if I had to choose who I'd fuck today, it definitely isn't going to be some dirty looking rocker who has a lickable pelvic tattoo,”she turned to head for the backstage gate.

“Who would that person be?”he was phishing.

She rolled her eyes,”Out of all that, you're asking about that?” She flashed her backstage lament and he flashed his band one as they breezed past the security guards. “I'm not going to answer that. And even if I did, M Shadows, it wouldn't happen. Because I'm not that kind of girl.”

She tossed him a look as they headed up the stairs. Bullets&Octane was just starting and she grabbed his hand. She practically ran to the side to watch the show. She dropped his hands and began dancing. Singing along with Gene as he sang Save Me Sorrow. She may be young but Matt knew she could handle herself. He also knew she wasn't the groupie type, so he really had nothing to worry about. But still he wanted to show Mark he could keep her just as safe as he could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah being a teen and getting defensive. I remember those days so well lol. But he’s hanging in there like a champ.

So once upon a time I actually had a thing for Gene. When I met them they were extremely nice guys. I ended up hanging out with then drummer Ty and bassist Brent with my friend Lisa. We were informed they toured with Avenged and had quite a good time talking with them.

Image