Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

Whatever It Takes

After getting lunch with Griff, they decided to drive around for awhile. Just to finish catching up and to not really let it end. Though it did make Cecelia feel guilty. It was nearing five when she walked into her apartment. She noticed one thing that made her heart hammer against her ribs. Matt was sitting on the couch. She shed her shoes and dropped her purse on the table by the door.

“You stayed,”she said softly approaching the couch.

He looked over and smiled,”Did you have a good time?”

She bit her lip and nodded,”I did.”

He patted the spot beside him and held open his arm. She was hesitant but only for a moment. She settled into the spot leaning against him. His muscled arm wrapped her in warmth. He kissed the top of her head.

“I'm glad you had a good time,”he said against her hair.

“I thought you were going to be gone when I got back,”she frowned and looked up at him.

“I had thought about it,”he saw the hurt flash across her features. “But what kind of man would I be if I left?”

“But I told you to leave,”she whispered. “And to lock up. I'm sorry I told you that.”

“Good thing I can't follow directions well.”

She snorted on a sniffle,”Thank god you can't.”

He shifted to face her better. He placed his free hand on the side of her face and she leaned into it,”This isn't going to be easy. We live thousands of miles apart but I do want to be with you.”

“I want that too.”

“Let's go to dinner,”he smiled. “And then when we come back we can focus on things.”

“Focus on things?”she raised an eyebrow.

He chuckled,”You are a dirty girl.”

She blushed but smiled,”Only with you.”

He had to suppress his growl but stood, taking her with him,“Let me grab my things and we'll go.”

She nodded,”Okay.”

He let go of her and headed into her room. She sighed with relief. Relief that he was still there. And that the fight hadn't picked up as soon as she walked through the door.

~*~

The afterglow had yet to recede. Their skin still damp from their sweat and other bodily fluids.

“We need a shower,”she said a little breathlessly.

He chuckled,”We'll head there in just a minute.”

“I don't think I can move,”she whispered.

“Don't worry baby. I've got you covered.”

After a few moments Matt gained his barrings and scooped Cecelia up. Carrying her into the bathroom and sitting her down on shaky legs. Dinner had been amazing. They had gone to a little cafe down the block and enjoyed dinner outside. When they got back she had practically pounced on him. Relieved of the fear she had earlier at the thought of him leaving. And all thought of talking about things had gone out the window. They couldn't get enough of the skin to skin contact. Shedding clothes before they ever reached the hallway. And by the time they had made it in to her room he was already buried deep inside her.

Matt began the shower and helped Cecelia in. Then he climbed in behind her. She leaned into the water letting it cascade down her tired body. And maybe a few tears had gone with it. She hadn't known how hard it was going to be to tell him to leave and think he might have done it. When she had told Ace and a couple of other guys she dated in highschool to leave in the middle of a fight they had and without second thought. Those never affected her the way this one had. Maybe because Matt was the only person she ever truly fell in love with. Matt wrapped his arms around her and she turned to face him wrapping her own arms around him. She looked up at him to let the water soak her hair and he noticed the redness.

“Cecelia,”he said softly. “Baby what's wrong?”

“I didn't know how hard or how bad it was going to hurt when I told you to leave,”she said softly. “And think that you'd actually leave.”

“I wasn't going to go anywhere,”he said. “I may have thought about it but I couldn't do that to the woman I love.”

He wasn't going to mention the talk with Penny. He valued whatever she may target. Atleast until later he wouldn't mention it.

“I'm sorry I told you to leave,”she said again. “I didn't really mean it. I don't want you going anywhere.”

“I'm not going anywhere baby.”

He grabbed the shampoo and lathered up her hair. Then as she was rinsing he lathered up his own. She was the one to lather both of their bodies up. But he watched her intently as she soaped up his favorite areas. When they were done Matt shut the water off and stepped out first. He wrapped a towel around Cecelia as he helped her out. He slid on his own as she wrapped her hair in a towel. They brushed their teeth and headed back into her room. He slowly slid the towel from her and lifted the covers for her. She climbed under and tossed the towel from her head. He followed, pulling her against him.

“Whatever it takes,”he vowed kissing her temple. “We'll do whatever it takes to continue this.”

She nodded and snuggled more into him,”Yes we will.”

She layed her head on the side of his chest and listened as he began talking,”We'll have to figure out visit schedules. Atleast until we're at a point things can change.”

“Okay.”

“I don't know how much time I'll have off before the album comes out. I was hoping you'd come out to my house for my birthday in July.”

She leaned up and looked at him,”Of course I can come to you on your birthday. You came to me.”

He smiled,”You can bring Penny and Mark if you'd like. You know I have the other guest rooms.”

“I'll have to see what he has going on,”she smiled.

He kissed her forehead,”Just let me know when it's closer to the time so I can get it ready for them.”

She laid back against him,”I will.”

They were quiet for awhile. Just relishing in the company at each other. He shifted so he could hold her better.

“I love you,”he said against her still damp hair.

“I love you too,”she smiled against his chest.

It was crazy how important they became to each other in such a short period of time. But Cecelia nor Matt would change it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things seem to be looking up for them. And that’s a good thing.

The next chapter will be a skip ahead in the year chapter. Let’s hope I can keep up updating twice a week. So far I have been able too lol.

Also I’ve begun reading over Love is Hell and hopefully will be rewriting it soon!