Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

Grilled by the Brother

Matt sat beside Mark as they watched the girls wade into the water. After they had eaten they had taken the path behind his house to the beach.

“What are your intentions?”Mark asked.

Matt looked over at the guitarist. His eyes were shielded by his sunglasses and it looked as though he too was watching the girls. But Matt could feel the stare of Cecelia's brother.

“Intentions?”

“Yes. Intentions. Do you plan on this being just a fling or do you see Cecelia being the only girl in your life for as long as possible?”

“It's not a fling by any means,”Matt sighed. “It's hard with her living in Orlando but I plan on this being pretty permanent.”

“You plan on asking her to move in?”he asked.

Matt shrugged,”I had thought about it. But she just got settled into her own apartment and life. I think we can make it work before I ask her.”

This time Mark faced him,”Make sure when things get tough you talk to her. You aren't in the same city. Hell not even the same state. So when something happens and you close off don't leave her in the dark. You did that before and almost ruined her birthday. As well as your relationship.”

Matt's face reddened a little. Of course she had told them about what happened. “I won't and haven't made that mistake again. Things are an open book.”

“And when you start touring? The loneliness. I know it. Are you going to remember her when some barely dressed woman propositions you?”

Matt sighed,”She's always on my mind. If I'm in a relationship I'm only with that person.”

Mark nodded, a bit pacified,”Okay. I'll hold you to that. I'm not a fighter but if you hurt her I may just be.”

Matt watched the girls heading their way,”And I wouldn't fault you for it.”

“Are you old men just gonna lounge and gossip?”Penny asked.

Mark stood and growled,”I'll show you old man.”

She propped her hand on her hip,”Oh really?”

He tossed his glasses on his towel,”You better get moving.”

She looked at him, turned and ran back towards the shore line laughing along the way. Mark easily caught her at the water's edge. Picking her up and carrying her into the water. Cecelia laughed.

“Teenagers,”she smiled. “You coming?”

He pushed to his feet and held out his hand,”Yep.”

She slipped her hand into his and the two of them walked out and into the water. Matt knew Mark was going to question him sooner or later. Hopefully he made an impression that would have Mark approving of their relationship. He would still date her but having her family's approval made things better.

~*~

The firepit gave off the right amount of warmth as Cecelia snuggled in her seat. It had gotten late and Matt had offered to take Penny and Mark back to the hotel. Promising Cecelia he would grab some dinner when they stopped to grab Mark and Penny's. She had her arms wrapped around her legs as she stared at the fire.

“I figured you would have gone in by now.”

Cecelia jumped,”I need to get you a damn bell.”

He chuckled,”I don't know how fashionable that would be.”

“Well you're constantly scaring the crap out of me,”she groaned.

He laughed this time,”Sorry about that baby.”

He held up the bag of food and drink caddie. She untangled herself and climbed to her feet.

“What about the fire?”she asked.

He smiled,”Let's eat out here then.”

She sat back down as he headed closer. He sat down in his own chair and handed her the bag of food. She grabbed out both to go containers and held them up. Matt pointed to his and she handed it to him. He held out her drink and she grabbed it.

“What time is the party?”she asked.

“Brian said seven but it'll probably start around five.”

“Okay. I need to go shopping,”she said.

He raised an eyebrow,”For?”

“A gift,”she smiled. “For you.”

“Baby, you being here is a gift in itself,”he smiled.

She scoffed,”I know my presence is a gift. But really. I need to get you something.”

“I'll call Alice in the morning. You and Penny can go shopping with her.”

She smiled,”Okay.”

They fell into a comfortable silence. Eating and watching the fire. Cecelia couldn't deny how she felt at home at Matt's. But then again she might just feel like she was at home anywhere he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this only pacified Mark for the time being.

Sooooo I did research the tour schedule for 2007. They had some shows before the release of the self titled album in Oct lol. So I had to rewrite a chapter to make it work. And Cecelia’s stay isn’t quite two weeks.