Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

Matt’s Party

While nothing exciting happened at the late lunch with Matt's parents, she was blushing as Matt introduced her as his girlfriend. Which is mother Kim was more than excited to finally meet the girl Matt had told her so much about. Well he was telling his mother about her. That was a good sign, right? But after their lunch with his parents it was straight to Brian's. Mark and Penny had been picked up by Alice after they were ready. And now the party was in full swing. Bodies everywhere. The smell of smoke and alcohol filled the air. More than once Cecelia had to escape outside.

“You know if this is too much,”Mark said. “We can leave. You girls can watch movies and I could do some work with Myles on the laptop.”

Cecelia frowned,”I can't leave. It's his birthday. And he’s going to be gone tomorrow.”

Mark looked over his shoulder at Matt doing a beer keg handstand,”I highly doubt he'd miss you being here.”

“Mark,”Penny hissed. “They're a couple. Of course he'd miss her being here.”

Cecelia was tempted to take him up on his offer though. This was not her scene. But she wouldn't hamper his night either. So she would escape outside when she could. A loud crash drew her attention back inside. Matt was flat on his ass with the beer keg nozzle still to his mouth.

Mark sighed,”I don't think we'll be here much longer.” Cecelia frowned. “I know you love him. But this is not our scene. And you know it isn't yours.”

She nodded,”I know. If you're uncomfortable you're more than welcome to leave.”

“What about you?”Penny asked.

She shrugged,”I'll be fine. Surely this couldn't last much longer.”

Having finished Matt sought her out. He grabbed her and pulled her to him. Pressing his lips to hers in a bruising kiss and grabbing her ass pulling her crotch against his. She wretched away from him. Fury rising deep inside her.

“What's wrong?”he asked, a bit slurred.

“I'm not that kind of girl,”she whispered harshly. “And you need to show some respect for my brother and Penny.”

He narrowed his eyes,”I don't see you complaining when we're in the bedroom.”

It took everything within her not to smack him,”Because that's a private moment between us. Not in front of everyone while you're drunk.”

“I'm not drunk,”he slurred.

“Matt, it's been fun,”Mark sighed. “But I think it's time for the girls and I to leave.”

“What? Why? Are you not having fun?”His droopy eyes widened. “Cecelia?”

She bit her lip and toed the deck with her shoe. She wouldn't meet his eyes,”This isn't what I thought it was going to be like.”

He reached for her and pulled her to him,”Please just stay. I want to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriend.”

She smiled,”I know. Where's your keys?”

He pulled them out of his pocket and handed them to her,”You're leaving me here?”

“No. I want an out. And this,”she held them up. “Means I can leave. But if they want to go I'll take them to the hotel and come back.”

He hugged her tightly,”I'm sorry.”

“I know,”she hugged him back.

He let go and took off to the side of the pool. Jimmy was about to dive in. The tall slender man was posed at the edge of the diving board. His shorts sagged and he was shirtless.

“You're not going, are you?”Mark asked.

She shook her head, watching as Matt belly flopped into the pool,”No.”

“We'll stay for a bit longer,”he sighed. “And then I really would like to go.”

Much like her, he was not comfortable at the party. Cecelia had hoped they would have a better night than last night but it seemed like Matt was already three sheets to the wind. And he would have one helluva hangover tomorrow. Which is going to suck because of their show.

~*~

About thirty minutes after Matt's pleading Cecelia took Mark and Penny back to the hotel. They were reluctant but she assured them she would be fine. And she would be. Because she can hold her own. When she had returned things had simmered down. People had left. But those who mattered the most to Matt were still there.

“You're welcome to crash here,”Alice said as she came up beside Cecelia looking out over the pool.

“Really?”Cecelia asked, she knew how hard it might be to get Matt in the car, let alone his house.

Alice smiled,”We have plenty of guests room. The guys if partying here always crash here. Plus the flight they’ve gotta catch early in the morning they need to stick together.”

“Thanks,”Cecelia smiled.

“No problem,”the blonde turned. “And with that I'm going to bed. Some of us have to work and I have to be up early to take them to the airport.”

She felt a bit sympathetic for the woman. Having to deal with a huge party on a week night knowing work still had to happen the next morning after taking them to the airport. Matt finally climbed from the pool and headed toward her.

“Hey,”his voice was heady with need. “You stayed.”

She nodded,”I said I would.”

He gripped her hand with his soaking wet one,”We staying here?”

She nodded again,”It would be wise.”

He too nodded,”Yes it would. You ready for bed?”

The innuendo was not lost on her. She knew what he meant. But she also knew what it was like for guys when they were drunk. Things were not so easy to get hard. He led the way to one of the spare rooms and shut the door locking them inside. The room was spacious. A mix of gray and purple decorated it. The wall behind the massive bed was purple. With bedding a lighter shade than the walls. Matt took her hand and led her to the bed. As she sat he took off to the bathroom that joined with another room. He stripped his clothes wringing them out over the tub and hanging them over the shower curtain rod. He winked at her as she watched him. He grabbed a towel and dried off. Having forgone the shower he needed to wash the chlorine off. He grabbed a toothbrush pack and pulled one from it. She joined him grabbing one of her own.

“I'll be out in a minute,”she smiled.

He had finished and nodded heading back to the bed. She shut the door just a little to give herself some privacy as she peed. When she was done, having she her shorts and shirt she headed back to the bed. Her head fell back and she groaned. Matt laid passed out on the left side of the bed.

“So much for making up for last night,”she sighed.

She jerked with all her might the covers from under him. She covered him first then herself. Putting a bit of distance between them. She was a bit angry about tonight. How drunk he got. And how he had basically turned her on only to pass out on her. She curled up under the blankets and sighed. Would this trip ever get better? She hoped but she wouldn’t know until he returned home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Matt and the other guys are gonna have such a fun flight :-/. I’m not sure she was entirely ready for their kind of partying.

I almost missed today’s update because I’ve been so tired O_o. But I have begun rewriting Love is Hell. The name character is getting a name change lol.