Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

A Big Rejection

It was the middle of the night and Cecelia had been blissfully unconscious to the world when her phone rang. It had been a few days since Mark and Penny had left. So Cecelia figured she would be getting a call soon. Just not the middle of the night.

“Hello?”she groggily answered.

“Oh no,”Penny's bright voice sobered. “Time difference. I'm so sorry, Ce. I can call back later.”

Cecelia shoved Matt's arm off her and sat up,”It's okay. You don't have to call me back later. What's up?”

She slid from the bed and tugged on Matt's shirt before padding to the bathroom. She let Penny know she would be muting it for a minute but she was still there. Penny said she'd wait and she did. It wasn't that long of a wait. Cecelia finished with the bathroom and headed back out. She snatched a pair of panties on her way out.

“How did I end up with the most amazing boyfriend?”Penny gushed.

“You became friends with me,”Cecelia slipped on the panties and tugged them up before heading down the stairs.

“Okay, I can give you a little credit because he is your brother,”Penny laughed. “But seriously. You'll never guess where we are.”

“Hmm?”she plopped down on the couch. “He didn't tell me where he was taking you. Just that you were going away for your birthday.”

“The Maldives. We're in this little house on the water that's connected to other houses with a walkway.”

“Oh that sounds beautiful,”she smiled.

“The water is so blue and crystal clear. I'll email you some pictures but they won't do this place justice.”

“I'm a wee bit jelly. How long are you guys staying there?”

“Matt is going to have to bring you here,”Penny laughed. “Close to two weeks I think. He said something about flying home on the 15th.”

“That sounds like it's going to be much needed and fun birthday,”Cecelia smiled.

“I wish you and the fam were here to celebrate with me,”Penny sighed.

“Well you'll just have to live it up for us. Have fun. Get in as much time with Mark as you can. The album drops soon and you know it'll get hectic.”

“I know. And I'm going to. But I still wished I would be celebrating with everyone.”

“We can always do a celebration when we're all home,”she said, trying not to give away the party.

“That's true. Anyways I have to go. The water is calling me and I have to answer it,”she laughed.

Cecelia's eyes landed on Matt as he hit the top step,”Yes you need to answer that call.”

Another laughed,”I plan on it as soon as we hang up. I love you and I'll talk to you soon. Keep an eye out for the pictures.”

“I love you too and I will,”she smiled. “Don't do anything I wouldn't.”

Penny snorted,”There's not much you wouldn't do.”

“Hey! Not true,”she laughed. “Now go. The water needs you.”

“I am. Bye!”

Cecelia echoed the goodbye and sat her phone down,”I didn't wake you, did I?”

He shook his head,”Not you. Just the absence of you.” She smiled as he laid on the couch and placed his head in her lap. She ran her fingers through his hair. “Was that Penny?”

She nodded,”Indeed. She was calling to tell me where Mark had taken her.”

“Where did he take her?”he asked.

“The Maldives.”

“Oh good choice. That place is beautiful,”he smiled.

“She seems to love his choice.”

He chuckled,”I'm sure she would have loved anywhere as long as it was with him.”

She nodded and smiled,”She would have.”

“I don't want to leave you,”he frowned.

“I can fly back when you get home,”she smiled. “We can spend a little more time together before your show in September.”

“Why don't you come with me to that one?”

“I don't know,”she sighed. “I really have to find a job if I want to keep my apartment.”

“I was thinking about that,”he said, sitting up and facing her.

“About what?”

“About you and that apartment.” She raised an eyebrow and he smiled,”Will you move in with me?”

Her eye widened,”I can't.”

“What do you mean you can't?”he flinched and asked softly.

“My lease isn't up until October,”she frowned.

“Is that the only thing stopping you?”he asked.

She nodded,”Well mostly.”

“What else could be stopping you?”he asked.

“I. I've only ever lived in Orlando. And you're always touring after a record. I can't yet. I'm sorry.”

He sighed but nodded,”Okay. We'll revisit this subject later. But I would love for you to come with me to the show in September if you can.”

“I'll see what I can do,”she smiled.

“Don't worry about booking at flight after we're done with these two shows,”he smiled. “I'll book my flight back to Orlando.”

She leaned in and kissed him,”Okay.”

He stood up and grabbed her hand taking her back to bed. They would be spending as much time together as possible before he left. She knew dating a rockstar was going to be hard but she didn't realize how hard it was going to be when he began touring again.
♠ ♠ ♠
While it would be a good thing if she did but not while he’s about to start touring. She’s be alone most of the time. Super jelly of Mark and Penny though lol